Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited May 2013
    @Wakukee - You're seeing an old cached version of the site. Simply delete your temp internet files or press ctrl and F5 while on the site to do a hard refresh.

Note: Please use spoiler tags to minimize your large post. Thanks!
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    omg so excited
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Hmm, yes. Thanks, my bad.
    @Wakukee - No problem at all. Glad to help. ☻
    @ivavlakul - I fixed the Quick character selection keys (1-2-3..) in 6.01. However the = no longer works to select all chars. I checked with a clean, non modded and updated install. It appears they made the - and +/= to zoom in and out.
    edited May 2013
    BETA 6.01 release is live at http://www.ArchaicGUI.com.

Fixes include:

• Repeating scrollbar on various screens
    • Level up screen (record) - Full redesign coming for next major BETA release
    • Font size change on dialog box size
    • Restored original record screen font type (right side)
    • Adjusted start/options screen to match upon options button click
    • Sound screen (record) scrollbar
    • Added multiple download mirrors
    • Dramatically decreased download file size
    • Mage/Priest Spell level buttons
    • Quick character selection keys (1-2-3..)
    • Various other small issues reported

If you have other issues that are not resolved please let me know and I will do my best to resolve them.

NOTE: If the download links don't work you might be seeing an old cached version of the site. Simply delete your temp internet files or press ctrl and F5 while on the site to do a hard refresh. You should now see the new site and download links.

*reposted due to the high comment activity. I didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle.
    Post edited by Archaic on
    My manual installation doesn't appear to be working on my jailed iPad (which, ye know, go figure, but I think lunar said an earlier version worked on a jailed iPad).

I followed the instructions in the README, except that I used the Portraits folder in lieu of the override folder (i.e., as per lunar's instructions).

I installed Core -> Scaled File -> Silver-Blue Buttons -> Larger Fonts -> Friendly Arm Inn inventory. I installed the .blahblah files themselves rather than the hierarchy folders.

Let me know if there is an obvious problem with my approach and/or you have an idea of a different set of options that might produce a better outcome.
    edited May 2013
    @Iecerint - Sounds to me like you've done everything correctly. Maybe we can see if anyone else has got their ipad modded with the new BETA 6.01? @lunar? It should work fine...

Side note: I've heard you need to have ipad 2 or newer in order to have enough memory to do modding. Archaic GUI is pretty memory intensive in terms of mods.
    @Archaic - I have an iPad 4, so that's not the problem. To be clear, my installation amounted to drag-and-dropping with iFunbox, just in case that's not the correct way to go about things.

The current behavior is that when I press the "Baldur's Gate" app icon, the screen turns black as if BG is going to load, but then it returns to the iOS app screen.
    @Iecerint - I don't personally own an iPad so I couldn't tell you the specifics. Hopefully someone else with experience modding iPad can help you. Sorry.
    Yeah, I understand; just providing all the information I can. :]
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, and my apologies if someone has, but there the movies page still has the default setting.
    @Wakukee - The movies screen has not been designed yet. There are many screens that are incomplete. We're still in BETA and will remain in BETA until all screens are done. Thanks.
    edited May 2013
    Now that I've got everything setup with the new BETA 6 format it will make it much easier to release updates more frequently like 6.01, 6.02, etc. The reason BETA 6 took so long was because I basically had to start over from the beginning. Laying the ground work is the longest part of the whole thing. I'm looking forward to the next major release BETA 7 ???.

I've added a donate link on ArchaicGUI.com by request. I wasn't too keen on the idea at first but a few have been adamant about it. So if you want to buy me a coffee or something then feel free. Much appreciated! ☻
    Post edited by Archaic on
    edited May 2013
    @JustLeft - Do you use scaled or non scaled settings? 1280X960 is not supported for non-scaled settings but is supported for scaled. If you use non-scaled then pls let me know and I will add support for a future update. Thanks.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for fast fixes. There is still problem with attributes fonts (rest fonts display properly after fix).

Should be:
    SIŁA
    ZRĘCZNOŚĆ
    KONDYCJA
    INTELIGENCJA
    MĄDROŚĆ
    CHARYZMA

Also this font have problem with polish signs.

"Nie udało się skopiować czaru do magicznej księgi"
    Post edited by Etamin on
    edited May 2013
    @Etamin - The problem with this is that if I continue to make adjustments for other languages then it never ends... I'm a one man army here...If I don't limit what I support then I will never get the GUI complete. I'm hoping a solution to creating my own fonts will be coming soon and then I can resolve this issue. I will keep this in mind and see if there is a good solution that I can implement.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Just don't change fonts (or make it optional in installer) :). The default ones are not that bad and by adding new ones there is always chance it will be incompatibile with someones language-specific signs.
    @Etamin - I think you can keep the default fonts if you do a manual install.
    @Etamin - Please use thumbnail images or spoiler tags to minimize your large post. Thank you. ☻
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @Iecerint @Archaic congratulations on new release!

I haven' time to test yet. @Iecerint have you cleaned the portraits folder fully before installing Archaic GUI mod? Some left over files can cause a conflict. Also, what resolution you used, I check the mod files and there are different files for every screen resolution. An incompatible resolution may cause the hard crash.

I've tried manual installation on my pc BG:EE game, which is identical to my ipad modded game-they both have the same files from my mods on override (portraits) folders. (including some select files from old version gui) Copying new gui files into pc override ended up with crashing everytime I started a new game. So I deleted all content of my override on pc and tried again by copying gui files anew. This time it worked. And it looks great!
    edited May 2013
    @lunar - Thanks for helping out. @Iecerint You'll need to use the SCALED resolution file for iPad.
    @lunar @Archaic - Yeah, I used the scaled resolution file, and I deleted everything from Portraits before starting.

Lunar, let me know if you get it to work on your jailed iPad, too.
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    Im having some issues with the screen flashing/flickering. its looks kinda like 2 different screens trying to show at the same time and they flicker really fast back and forth. Ive tried ezinstaller and manual. Im not sure whats wrong, I may have done something wrong. I dont know
    @Etamin - Try this Language Fix: http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/15979648/file.html

Replace files in your override folder after EzInstaller or Manual Install. If you change settings with EzInstaller then you might need to replace files again. Let me know how it works...
    @lunar @Archaic I end up with 151 files in my portraits folder after deleting the README .txt file (i.e., from the Silver-Blue text folder; thought it might've been causing the problem); maybe that's a way to troubleshoot whether the number is obviously off.
    edited May 2013
    @Kenze - Have you done the troubleshooting steps in the READ ME.txt file that is included with the download? You need to check your resolution/scaled settings to ensure they are correctly set in the EzInstaller.

What is your resolution and do you have scaling turned on or off in BGEE?
    edited May 2013
    @Iecerint - Did you get it to work?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @Iecerint I will try tonight.

The culprit may be the start up screen, since what you say it fails to open up even the start-up sceen. I've tested with the older version, to find which files were causing a crash. In the old version, opening inventory always caused a black screen and hard crash to desktop (err, Ipad main screen) because the latest patch had made it incompatible, so I deleted inventory gui files and the rest worked. You might try deleting start-up screen gui files and see if the rest works?
    edited May 2013
    @Archaic - No, deleting the README.txt file did not change the behavior.
This discussion has been closed.