Skip to content

New Game Update #2 Build 2009

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    THANK YOU!
  • WorldscarWorldscar Member Posts: 5
    non-start issue still not fixed.
  • El_CommiEl_Commi Member Posts: 10
    Had to call our game early tonight. About 30 crashes since getting the update; Very few before hand.
    Pretty disappointed
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

Fix list:
    Added support for 'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate'

And how exactly do I change the FPS rate?
    I don't see it in options :<
  • flame867flame867 Member Posts: 32
    *slow clap*
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It hasn't been added to the Options menu, but the line in Baldur.ini now works the way it's supposed to.
  • MackinstyleMackinstyle Member Posts: 9
    karrick said:

Worldscar said:

Anything in that list translate to a fix for non-start issue?

im going to canada with a bat if it doesnt...

Yeah we have hockey sticks. You'll want to bring something bigger. They don't permit real weapons to cross at the border though. Bring an appetite and let's just have lots of delicious food and booze! =)
  • HallondrickaHallondricka Member Posts: 10
    Thank you :)
  • DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    Good job :-)
    I bet you're having a hard time right now - so take my fulsome praise :-D
  • tony325tony325 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    A big thankyou to the developers! Although there may have been some bugs you have really done a great job of polishing the game and implementing asked-for options. I am very happy with my PC version and looking forward to the Android version becomes available =)
  • Berserk_AlucardBerserk_Alucard Member Posts: 24
    Wow, this is a LOT sooner than I thought you guys would be rolling out this patch. Thanks Overhaul! The game is running smoother and smoother every time a new patch is released. I thought I was doomed when I was reading all the stuff about Intel chipsets having issues, but my computer is being dragged kicking and screaming into running one of my favourite games of all time (only enhanced!) =)
  • BrighamFishBrighamFish Member Posts: 12
    Great job! but don't stop now still want that elven chainmail
  • NewBeginningNewBeginning Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Quartz said:

Nathan said:

The problem is the non-start issue is a variety of a bunch of different issues depending on the person.

There is a fix there for some drivers that don't support compression, so this should fix a few more - in addition, the executable had the vc libraries linked a bit ago, so that should fix some more...

Step #1 for anyone who can't start the game, though: UPDATE YOUR VIDEO CARD DRIVERS!

http://www.geforce.com/ nVidia
    http://game.amd.com/ AMD/ATi
    http://www.intel.com/ Intel

We're still crushing bugs as we can. IF YOU CRASH after getting this update, send me a message - I'd like you to send me your crash dump file so that we can get some more information on what's causing the crash issues for people.

Seriously. More people need to realize that if the game doesn't start it's likely on you. There are so many different computers, it's not exactly a uniform platform. Ya gotta deal with this shiz yourself.
    After the game wouldn't start up for me, I did a full reformat of my laptop followed by a reinstall of Windows 7 64, and the only thing I did immediately following was use Windows Update. I then redownloaded and installed BGEE to get the same problem I had before. So please, don't tell people "it's on them". I've tried every workaround I've seen on the forums so far. None of them work for me. Many of us purchased the game expecting it to work on our current systems since it's been updated and enhanced. That does NOT mean having to resort to dozens of workarounds or compatibility mode. If you have to do those things, then it's still the old version of the game. The game not working simply because some of us may have "incompatible" hardware is irrelevant. They only found out that this was the case after many of us purchased the game. I don't have any unusual hardware. All of it is new, within the year. And if it was up to the consumer to figure out how to make the game that already apparently works correctly for the majority work correctly, they wouldn't be having huge patches like this, would they?

Also, I don't get any dump files or Baldur.ini file because the game doesn't get that far.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    I'm very happy that more people get to play amazing BGEE now!!

...But my game is brokededed T.T
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    El_Commi said:

Had to call our game early tonight. About 30 crashes since getting the update; Very few before hand.
    Pretty disappointed

Could you send me some of those crashes?
  • John_RainbowJohn_Rainbow Member Posts: 15
    Awesome work guys. With all the negatives I've seen on the forum I also wanted to say I've been really impressed with what you've accomplished. Keep it up!
  • AikimoxAikimox Member Posts: 8
    Ok, I've had enough of this nonsense! I'm trying to stay calm but it seems to be impossible. I've been waiting for this game since the day it was announced but all it proves to be a complete disappointment so far. Not only there's no fix to the Intel graphics problem (I happen to be one of the unlucky ones), you guys actually manage to break it every time I find a fix!!! First, I was able to play the game in Win98/Me mode and it was slow but I could at least start playing. Then came your first update and broke it! It started flickering like hell. Second, after spending hours on forums I found a driver that fixed the problem for me, it was perfect! Now, your second update came and Beamdog's client (the most useless client I have ever installed on my machine) forced the update and thus broke it again!!! Now, not only I can't play it normally, it doesn't even finish the download to install the update.

I'm not asking for much, just let me play it and don't bother me with your fixes! Make it optional, make it standalone so people won't get distracted. And I thought Blizzard was terrible ..... this is beyond frustrating. At this point it's a complete waste of 20$. I could just keep playing the original series with a resolution mode and have 95% of what you're currently trying to offer...
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Great! And thanks for the list!
  • agentchaosagentchaos Member Posts: 7
    this patch made my games movies have sound crackling issues. anyone else?
  • RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17
    Aikimox said:

Now, your second update came and Beamdog's client (the most useless client I have ever installed on my machine) forced the update and thus broke it again!!! Now, not only I can't play it normally, it doesn't even finish the download to install the update.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the game. With regards to the updates, I use the standalone installer (not the Beamdog client). It tells you an update is available, but doesn't force you to apply it. I realize it's a pain uninstalling and then redownloading the game via the installer, but it might help you with your update problem.

Regards,

Raven
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

this patch made my games movies have sound crackling issues. anyone else?

Mine was like this even before the patch (NWN videos do the same thing though.)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2012
    Interesting fixes, guys! :D

I've noted, by the way, that after updating BG:EE to 1.0.2009 I have audio issues on movies, audio being scratchy, never had this problem before.
    I'm trying to find a solution around but no luck at the moment..

Seems that someone has already posted a topic talking of this problem but still no solution..

Here's the link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10353/stuttering-audio-on-movies#latest

If someone has a resolutive option please post it there :)

EDIT: I have not a Creative X-FI audio card but only an integrated one.

Tried to copy/paste the OpenAL32/64.dll as said here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9178/possible-solution-for-creative-x-fi-owners-having-issues-with-static/p1

but didn't worked for me.
  • DemonNeclordDemonNeclord Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    For those of you who can't start the game. I've had the same problem with my Radeon HD 5400 series. I installed all the drivers that came with the installation disc and the game would crash INSTANTLY after hitting play. Well I went to AMD's site and downloaded the "amddriverdownloader.exe". Downloaded some differant drivers then what I had. Now the game starts up no problems at all. Maybe this will help some ppl.. maybe not. Hope it helps it helped me.

Also I forgot to mention.. when I updated in windows 7 something about the card. The game would crash again.. so I didn't install the optional update.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Awesome. Thank you guys very much for the help. Hopefully mine doesn't crash now.

O and another thing; obviously you guys are all busy with bug fixes, out of coffee and beer, need a vacation, but after the main issues are fixed, when can we expect the 'matchmaking service' for multiplayer?
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Ah. *Much* better. I've restarted my game just to experience all of the new goodness.
  • gabilturghgabilturgh Member Posts: 25
    Hi guys, first of all, awsome job with the game!
    I can't seem to get the updates via the independent client...I hit the "repair install" button so it will check for updates, then the msg "...checking for updates..." appears, but no update is found...I can't see which version I rolling...please help =D
  • Giuliano89Giuliano89 Member Posts: 231
    Gracias!
  • ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
    hey, since the patch, all the video (intro, ending, etc) started lagging... (party popper me)
    but other that everythings work fine
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @ADHD:
    There is a topic opened here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10353/stuttering-audio-on-movies#latest

Some people already have experienced that issue (like me) after 2009/2009a installation.

Post there, maybe a solution will be posted :)