Skip to content

Bug: Random commoners appear (Final Fight, Thief Maze, Werewolf Island)

FubblesFubbles Member Posts: 7
edited November 2013 in Fixed
I searched the forums far and wide and can find nothing related to this, there are commoners present at the final showdown against Sarevok. This clearly is not intended.

Image proof: http://imgur.com/c53sc
(image may not be working, not sure)

To my knowledge, if you want to replicate this bug you need to enter the final room, exit, sleep, and re-enter. I'm not sure if making attempts/saving/reloading has any affect on it happening.

Edit: On a side note, the bats in this room should be removed. I had to spend like 4 fireballs just clearing the room so I didn't make mistakes and they wouldn't set off my traps.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Commoners can be encountered in Durlag's tower, in the first level of the catacombs. They are neutral and are sharing gossip
  • ThunderiosThunderios Member Posts: 1
    My game keeps spawning npc's in places that i had explored ;s, destroying my game...
    Link to screen below
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7583/bugsb.jpg
  • VegardPompeyVegardPompey Member Posts: 20
    I'm sorry your game is breaking but that is hilarious.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    When did this start happening?
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    Yeah that happened to me even in baldurs gate trilogy. So annoying. It starts not too far from the start of the game, and the more you progress, the more npcs spawn.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    A well placed fireball should clear up that errr.....problem.
  • DalsdDalsd Member Posts: 11

My game keeps spawning npc's in places that i had explored ;s, destroying my game...
    Link to screen below
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7583/bugsb.jpg

Off the topic, how did you get original BG interface on BGEE?
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    In the area east of the Carnival (where the cactus are and the tombs in rocks), there is an NPC spawning bug for a commoner. She is a commoner that talks about how it's so great that you saved the Naskel mines, etc. and instead of just being one of her, there are more than 10. Pics below:

http://i.imgur.com/1LIUQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HNAmo.jpg
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Image is not working for me.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The bats are siding with Sarevok, they just make the level tougher :D
  • Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2012
    First, sorry if these have already been reported. Second, it should be noted that this has been happening to me in Single-player Multiplayer. (Playing by myself in Multiplayer so that I can have two custom characters, not just one.)

Noober -

Current behavior: After punching Noober to make him Fail Moral, I have been finding him in other maps as well, sometimes encountering dozens of copies of him in the same map area.

Expected behavior: There should only be one Noober at a time. I don't recall if he could change area locations, so I don't know if that part is a bug or not.

Random Enemies -

Current Behavior: Jebadoh, Ramazith*, Noober, and Sonnor/Sonner, will appear in the very North-west most corner of a wilderness area map, and be able to be fought over and over again, including their items**.

Expected Behavior: Only be able to be encountered once, at their original place.

*In his quest, I freed the dryad, and talked to him outside of his house, where he turned hostile and then fled into his house after I did some damage. When I walked inside the house, the script occurred again, and then he went hostile a second time. That might be part of the problem, but I don't know enough.

** The fight also causes the game to crash roughly 66% of the time.

If this is in the wrong format, I apologize. Thank you for your time.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Sorry. Having trouble wrapping my head around the horror of "dozens of copies" of Noober. O_o
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

After punching Noober to make him Fail Moral, I have been finding him in other maps as well, sometimes encountering dozens of copies of him in the same map area.

So that is what Mayans was all about...
  • FubblesFubbles Member Posts: 7
    Image should be working now. I think Imgur was just slow to get it posted properly.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This is not present in an unmodded game. Do you have any mods?
  • FubblesFubbles Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    No. Not at that point I didn't. Game files are completely unchanged (except for what liberties you have in game options) from regular download/install.

As I stated in the post, they weren't there initially and obviously shouldn't be. It was only after I stepped out/came back in that they appeared. Thankfully I completed just about everything before I had to nuke down the commoners with aoe. Now I'm walking around with rep 1 :/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CeraCera Member Posts: 7
    This happened in multiplayer games I was playing in (using my own 4 man group) but whenever cowardly NPCs (Commoners, nobles etc) would run away, they would try and zone out into like houses or upstairs.

Now thats supposed to happen, but what happens after is a little interesting. I couldn't get screenshots, since the game wont let me for some reason, but if you save the game after they zone out, you can run off into a new zone yourself. rest, save the game again, then reload it. What should happen is, somewhere in your current zone, those NPCs from before will be there in the zone. This actually works for ANY zone you go to.

It was overly annoying for me since it was Telman and Sonner (the two farmers in the Ankheg zone) since they turn hostile right after you help the priestess. I decided they weren't worth my time to kill and they ran off to their homes. So I got to listen to "RAAGGHH HELP!" everytime i loaded my game. because they showed up somewhere on the map.

At one point in ulgoths beard, i killed 30 copies of telman and sonner and they all had their respective loot. I guess if you want a bunch of Flails, its something you might want to avoid.
    http://i.imgur.com/3KGJB.jpg

heres a picture i took with my phone instead. this is the end of the game in undercity. A bunch of copies of one commoner that telman and sonner scared off at some point. I think this one was from low lantern judging by his dialogue.

Somewhere on the map telman and sonner are fighting more copies of this commoner.
    http://i.imgur.com/MfQNm.jpg

and heres a bunch of copies of sonner. Telman was nearby, but they scattered off in the darkness somewhere. If this bug is posted anywhere already, my apologies, but I found it to be amusing.
  • J_L_SeagullJ_L_Seagull Member Posts: 13
    I killed the rogue Zhurlong that tried to pilfer all my money in hte Burning Wizard. This made the Barkeeper run out. The problem is that right now I have several Burning wizard barkeepers turning up everywhere on the map. I even have a group of six of them hanging around among the trees in Nashkel.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Another thing. Where does Kagain disappear if you kick him from the party? I had to remove him to save Dynaheir and I thought he would go home, but his house is totally empty,
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    This happened to me too in multiplayer, 2 "Bartenders" even showed up just on the stairs outside the FAI and 4-6 outside where Silke was.
  • J_L_SeagullJ_L_Seagull Member Posts: 13
    Shandyr said:

Are you playing a multiplayer game or singleplayer?

Im playing multiplayer with myself, so that I can design 3 main characters.

Anyone with news on the Kagain problem?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Interesting. I've seen bartenders run from fightes (bounty hunters and stuff like that), going so far as to leave the room/tavern. One of the innkeepers in Baldur's Gate is outside his inn, making it easy to rest without even going inside!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Threads have been merged.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    @Avenger_teambg
    @Jalily

I have encountered random commoner on Isle of Balduran [North]. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, maybe my issue is related to the OP's?

Photobucket