Skip to content

Female Dwarf, Gnome or Half-Orc NPC?

2»

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited December 2012
    Hrm...

Dwarves: Ahh...hrm. How about a Fighter/Thief with wild psionic talents? Or maybe some sort of backstory that gives her an intense hatred of aberrations.
    Gnomes: A badass female gnome Fighter, maybe a sort of bounty hunter, or something. Wizard Slayer kit? Possibly moody and broody like Kivan? I'm picturing a gnome with a case of warding scrolls, and rocking a footman's pick.
    -Finch would be fine, too. I loved Finch. :3
    Half-Orcs: Maybe a multi-class (Cleric combination?) one with one of the "Neutral" alignments...perhaps with some funny observations about events. I realize half-orcs don't exactly lead the happiest of lives, and most of them are pretty bitter because of that, but it'd be nice to see one that wasn't Conan the Cimmerian, and maybe even funny or likeable.
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Female dwarf, Cleric or Fighter. Thief is far too common in BG1, though a Fighter/Thief or plain Thief in BG2 wouldn't be unwelcome.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012

Yes, I know that, but it feels wrong. In all old tales and myths, the beard is holy to a dwarf, I grew up with those tales. In Snow-White and Rose-Red the two girls find a dwarf who's beard is stuck in a tree. Since they can't get him out, they decide to snip of the beard and even though it was just a small part, he goes totally furyous about this and doesn't even thank them for savin his life. That important is a dwarf's beard to them.
    Of course, different cultures and stuff but *still*. It's like eating bread without butter or eating icecream with a fork. Something is wrong.

I do agree that different cultures are used to different things, but I don't think that the dwarf beard is mandatory or should necessarily be expected. Just because I want to have a stout, rugged dwarf in whatever fantasy setting I am in doesn't mean that I have to include the beard. There are so many aspects to dwarves, and many people pick and choose. For my money, I will choose to not focus on the beard aspect and focus more on the strong, noble, and (sometimes) stubborn aspects.
    Also, I know the beard is a common thing, but I have only seen it even come close to 'holy' when it is being joked about. EG: Gimli in LOTR Fellowship (film): "NOT THE BEARD!" as he is grabbed by the beard to avoid falling. It seems too humorous to be considered 'holy'.
  • LordPilsLordPils Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013

I'm all for an romanceable half-orc with chiseled muscles. An full blooded orc maiden would be even sexier! Though, I'd rather like to see her as an Druid or Skald, since the whole "anti-Dorn" thing would become boring very fast.

She could look like this:

Or this if she has a good alignment:

I like this and I'm bad at making portraits, does anyone know where I can download these for BGEE?

Edit: Wow I feel silly. I was thinking about Neverwinter nights, making a portrait for BGEE shouldn't be too hard right?
    Post edited by LordPils on
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I voted for Female Half Orc as a Barbarian
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Mordeus said:

I would love to see a Female Half-Orc playing the Cleric role. She would be like the anti-Dorn, a Half-Orc that tries to integrate into society and adopt the customs of a human Cleric. But would be more of a Shaman than a Cleric considering her wild upbringing. She would fulfil the need for a good aligned healer in BG2.

I had similar thoughts. The NPC I'd want would be a female half-orc druid who sees the rejection of both sides of her heritage as part of a natural balance.

Druid

• SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited May 2013
    Where's the "I want all three"-option?

Edit: A female half-orc shaman who's a Cloudcuckoolander would be pretty awesome. Or a badass female gnome fighter/illusionist. Or a snarky female dwarf thief. Oh my.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Where's the all of the above option?
  • The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    edited May 2013
    as a rule i hate everything that is half-something... I find it wierd that humans can breed with every race and monsters in the universe..... anyway i'm am open for a ubber sexy pure breed female orc that you can romance:P

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/13927-1343825002.jpg

Orcs in Zakhara would look like this:

http://static1.minitokyo.net/view/06/44/352206.jpg
    Post edited by The_Shairs_Handbook on
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see a real female fighter in BG2:EE - Jaheira and Mazzy are capable enough, but they're both better suited to other roles...
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    I voted for a Female Dwarf. Beamdog really needs to find a way to change the sprites so they looks different than the male model. Female Dwarves should shave their faces, and I don't care how racist that is!

A Barbarian or possibly an Archer with grandmastery in throwing axes would be appropriate and fill some gaps in NPC roles.

Then again, I think the idea of a Half-Orc Mage/Cleric of The Red Knight with 19 STR, 8 DEX, 16 CON, 14 INT, 17 WIS, 8 CHA would be cool as well. Someone focused on massive buffs and debuffs and, more importantly, better than Aerie.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Female GNOME Barbarian. Not Half-Orc.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    ive always liked female dwarf companions when ive had them so ill go dwarf
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    IchigoRXC said:

Female Half Orc Sorceress. Bla bla bla race limitations bla bla. They don't matter at all when it comes down to NPCs :) soooo I vote Half-orc sorceress for the next NPC :D

Female half-orc DRAGON DISCIPLE, with 19 Str, and her Str goes up as she gains levels (and thereby gains dragon power).

Also she romances Anomen and puts the whiny loser in his place.

That could be pretty sweet.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Female gnome, naturally! I'm not a fan of racial restrictions, but I could see a female gnome as a romance option for gnomes, halflings, and dwarves.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

There's plenty of Female dwarves....you just don't notice because of the beards! (Not kidding..the female dwarf model in BG1 (original) is the same as the male dwarf, same for gnomes)

Um, isn't Kagain a female?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The female half orc in Two worlds 2 was very well done I think.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Female Dwarf? But.. But.. They don't exist!
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Sexy half-orc assassin.

Or a dwarven cleric. And struggle to make her look pretty. No, I don't want another romance. I am just a bit tired of all the dwarven.females being ugly.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Southpaw said:

Or a dwarven cleric. And struggle to make her look pretty. No, I don't want another romance. I am just a bit tired of all the dwarven.females being ugly.

She could have a long, sexy, braided red beard.

She could redeem Korgan.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Female Deugar Fighter/Thief who's Lawful Neutral plox
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2013
    Southpaw said:

Sexy half-orc assassin.

Unshey. She'd better be a cartographer as well as an author, because I'm lost in her eyes and I'm going to need a map to get out. < 3

I mean, she's got some pretty solid ability scores for a Cleric...
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    We still need a Barbarian NPC. Don't tell me any of you would prefer your barbarian to have anything less than 19 STR and 19 CON.

• The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219

We still need a Barbarian NPC. Don't tell me any of you would prefer your barbarian to have anything less than 19 STR and 19 CON.

only Barbarian i want to see is crazy C.N Conan wanna be Female Gnome Barbarian
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    A female dwarf rogue.
    In a black leather bodice.
    With a full beard.

Hrrrrmmmm....yes please.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Why not all three? Create one of each @overhaul. But realistically, I'd like to see a dwarf or half-orc. Gnome has too much potential for silliness see the Jan Jansen example. It could be done but it's way easier to either intentionally or accidentally make a silly ridiculous character than a serious NPC.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I voted female dwarf because it's so offbeat. I have never, ever played one.

I would like to see a Good aligned cleric of Sharindlar. (Here's a little more on that dwarven goddess.)

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Dwarf or gnome thief, preferably evil, preferably trap using rogues. Heh, maybe a replacement yoshimo? Maybe even fighter thief, but pure thief with traps seems very evil, and no NPc really makes use of traps out of the door (even yoshimo isn't big on traps... And he's a fricken bounty hunter). So, niche to be filled? Wouldn't be averse to a female gnome or dwarf barb or sorcerer. Would rather a female kobold dragon disciple.