Skip to content

[XP Mod] TeamBG's Level 40 Rule Set/High Level Abilities

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I made some changes in a couple of files. Would have uploaded them this afternoon but I got knocked offline. Download it again, just the Level 40, and put it in the Overrride folder.
    Avari said:

Hey - I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer:

1) I've been able to install both mods, but when I tried testing if it worked with the CLUA Console, it won't let me level the PC beyond lvl 28 (5 mill xp). Anyone know why this is when it's supposedly a lvl 40 mod? I tried for a couple of different classes.

2) The updated files lehoo730 listed - are they compatible with the package included in the original post? If so, do I just paste them into the override folder to replace any existing files from the "original" package of files?

Any help is much appreciated :)

/Nic'

• leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

A change has been made.

lv40_override2.zip
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4xflxrrgSrwY25Bamk4bVBqZXM

Changelog:

1. CLABFI05.2DA: Added Barbarian Level 40 2DA file. Barbarian no longer gets 5% melee damage resistance at level 23, 27, 31, 35, and 39.

There is no other change.

You don't need to start a new game, but if your Barbarian Character has achieved level 23 or beyond, then the acquired melee damage resistance will not disappear.

Installation:
    Please unzip and copy (or overwrite) to override folder, or please wait for CoM_Solaufein to release a new version of his great mod :-)
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2012

I made some changes in a couple of files. Would have uploaded them this afternoon but I got knocked offline. Download it again, just the Level 40, and put it in the Overrride folder.

Just wanted to let you know, that everything seems to work now when testing with the CLUA Console. Thank you for a nice mod :)
    Post edited by Avari on
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    Found a problem with this. It seems installing it causes Kaisha Gan's Change to Werewolf ability to become Comet, and cause her to kill herself, making the quest unable to be complete.
    Thanks. I enjoy modding and am glad that people like my mods.
    Avari said:

Just wanted to let you know, that everything seems to work now when testing with the CLUA Console. Thank you for a nice mod :)
    I'm thinking this may be a bug. I don't have my mod installed. I went through the files related to her and found this in her script file:

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ForceSpell(Myself,WIZARD_COMET)
    END

and seen the same thing in her dialog when she turns hostile. I'll mention this the powers that be.

Found a problem with this. It seems installing it causes Kaisha Gan's Change to Werewolf ability to become Comet, and cause her to kill herself, making the quest unable to be complete.

I'll get this added some time tonight. Thanks :)
    leeho730 said:

Hi,

A change has been made.

lv40_override2.zip
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4xflxrrgSrwY25Bamk4bVBqZXM

Changelog:

1. CLABFI05.2DA: Added Barbarian Level 40 2DA file. Barbarian no longer gets 5% melee damage resistance at level 23, 27, 31, 35, and 39.

There is no other change.

You don't need to start a new game, but if your Barbarian Character has achieved level 23 or beyond, then the acquired melee damage resistance will not disappear.

Installation:
    Please unzip and copy (or overwrite) to override folder, or please wait for CoM_Solaufein to release a new version of his great mod :-)

• SoubaSouba Member Posts: 2
    i found the problem with the sorceror not beeing able to get past level 22.
    as he cant select more abilitys and thus cant spent the points he cannot advance further in level.
    I was missing the splsrckn.2da file which is for sorcerers and their ability to select more spells as they level up. Download and install it again. Like the wizard the sorcerer is capped at level 40 @ 11250000 experience points.
    Souba said:

i found the problem with the sorceror not beeing able to get past level 22.
    as he cant select more abilitys and thus cant spent the points he cannot advance further in level.

• Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    Hi @CoM_Solaufein - the two files in the OP are .rar files - do both get installed in the Override folder? I didn't see a weidu installer. BG_EE_HLAsBeta2.rar includes wizard, cleric, figher, etc. folders; should these folders be deposited into the override folder or should we take the components out of the folders and add them directly to override?

Thanks!
    Sorry about that. This is what happens when I work on this stuff late at night. I forgot to put the Weidu installer in the BG_EE_HLAsBeta2 rar file. Download that one again and install it according to the direction on how to install Weidu mods with BG:EE. Level 40 you just unzip the files into your Override folder.
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    Thanks - installation was perfect!
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2012
    Just out of curiosity, what's the XP Cap for this mod?

Edit: Found it, it's 5 million HP (5,000,000).
  • SoubaSouba Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012

I was missing the splsrckn.2da file which is for sorcerers and their ability to select more spells as they level up. Download and install it again. Like the wizard the sorcerer is capped at level 40 @ 11250000 experience points.

i did install the sorceror files but still cant get past the epic abilitys when i hit level 23:
    as i hit lv 22 i can grab the last epic ability and then no further points are spendable. sticking me to level 22.

EDIT: nevermind. got it to work... great mod you created there!
    Post edited by Souba on
  • novotny999novotny999 Member Posts: 10
    Missing high level abilities SPCL928.SPL SPCL929.SPL and SPCL930.SPL namely Grant extra spel level 6th, 7th and 8th. Those are for mages and some multiclasses which are combined with mages. Also you missing LUFMC.2da and LUFMT.2da (and reference for them in LUABBR.2da) those are for Fighter/Mage/Thief and Fighter/Mage/Cleric multiclasses. Well those multiclasses are "working" because they miss those abilities mentioned above. Luas can be found here, but for abilities they need to get their strings attached to dialog, but could be found at this post.
    Yep. You can browse through the .2das with any text editor.

Just out of curiosity, what's the XP Cap for this mod?

Edit: Found it, it's 5 million HP (5,000,000).

Great. :)
    Souba said:

i did install the sorceror files but still cant get past the epic abilitys when i hit level 23:
    as i hit lv 22 i can grab the last epic ability and then no further points are spendable. sticking me to level 22.

EDIT: nevermind. got it to work... great mod you created there!
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll add them on the next update.

Also the next update the the level 40 will be more on par with BG2 ToB in regards to spells learned as you level, etc. Currently its a little on the high side.

Missing high level abilities SPCL928.SPL SPCL929.SPL and SPCL930.SPL namely Grant extra spel level 6th, 7th and 8th. Those are for mages and some multiclasses which are combined with mages. Also you missing LUFMC.2da and LUFMT.2da (and reference for them in LUABBR.2da) those are for Fighter/Mage/Thief and Fighter/Mage/Cleric multiclasses. Well those multiclasses are "working" because they miss those abilities mentioned above. Luas can be found here, but for abilities they need to get their strings attached to dialog, but could be found at this post.

• boxianboxian Member Posts: 4
    The links in the first post are the correct ones for the download, right?
    The first post links will stay the same, only the contents of the mod will change when it gets updated.
    Here is updated Weidu installer with missing HLAs SPCL 928, 929 and 930 complete with descriptions. For those interested in those, here are files needed for 3-class multiclasses.
    I already have those in the current download.

I already have those in the current download.

nice
    I'll do a better job in the future saying its been updated.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Is it already playable and worth downloading? Or still bugged?
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    manero said:

Is it already playable and worth downloading? Or still bugged?

as far as I know it's working without bugs ;)
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

There has been reported bug of Kaisha Gan launching Comet (and subsequently dying) instead of transforming into Loup Garou.

The problem is that BGEE uses SPWI924.SPL for Baresh's transformation and SPWI925.SPL file for Kaisha's transformation, which are actually the resource files for Wizard 10th Level Spell Comet and Summon Dark Planetar in TOB (contained in the level 40 mod file). It's an oversight that happened in BG1 that Overhaul didn't change. Kinda makes sense since player characters were not supposed to acquire HLA in BG1, BG2 (non-TOB) and BGEE.

SPWI924.SPL - Baresh Transformation spell file
    SPWI925.SPL - Kaisha Transformation spell file

BARESH.BCS:
    --------------------------------------------------
    IF
    Dead("Mendas3")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ForceSpell(Myself,WIZARD_SUMMON_PLANATAR_EVIL)
    END

KAISHA.BCS:
    IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    END

SPELL.IDS
    2924 WIZARD_SUMMON_PLANATAR_EVIL
    2925 WIZARD_COMET

2924 BERESH_CHANGE
    2925 KAISHAS_CHANGE

So BARESH.BCS and KAISHA.BCS files are kinda correct (considering BGEE is based on BG1), but when level 40 mod is installed, SPWI924.SPL and SPWI925.SPL files get overwritten by the mod files, causing Kaisha to launch Comet instead of transforming. BTW, is there any report of Baresh summoning Fallen Planetar?

Solution:

One has to change SPWI IDs for either Comet and Summon Dark Planetar spells, or BERESH_CHANGE (SPWI924.SPL) and KAISHA_CHANGE(SPWI925.SPL) spells. There are two empty spell codes unused in both BG1 and TOB: 2938 and 2966.

Therefore, some changes need to be made.

BERESH_CHANGE: Extract SPWI924.SPL and rename to SPWI938.SPL.
    KAISHAS_CHANGE: Extract SPWI925.SPL and rename to SPWI966.SPL.

SPELL.IDS
    2938 BERESH_CHANGE
    2966 KAISHAS_CHANGE

BARESH.BCS:
    IF
    Dead("Mendas3")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ForceSpell(Myself,BERESH_CHANGE)
    END

KAISHA.BCS
    IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ForceSpell(Myself, KAISHAS_CHANGE)
    END

This may fix the problem of those oversight error and make the player character relatively safe to export to BG2EE, since it is highly likely that BG2EE will use the identical spell IDs for HLAs. Anyone willing to try?

Note: I'm not sure if Overhaul will decide to use those two spell IDs or not in BG2EE. May cause conflict in BG2EE if one decides to export character to BG2EE? Don't know. Would be probably safest to export the character just before he/she acquires HLAs as a backup.
    Post edited by leeho730 on
    edited December 2012
    Well the thing is I don't have my mod installed and still get this:

In her script file:

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    END

and her dialog file:

Enemy()

SPWI925.SPL does reference to the shape change though in the game.
    The HLA Comet spell will have to be renamed and I'll have to append to the spell.ids file.
    Actually 2925 WIZARD_COMET exists in the spell.ids file.