Skip to content

[XP Mod] TeamBG's Level 40 Rule Set/High Level Abilities

Comments

• KetkallzKetkallz Member Posts: 19
    Esteed897 said:

Hi. First, thank you so much for these mods! I have a question about the HLA mod. I've got the level 40 one working, but no matter what I try, the High Level Abilities screen is still blank. I was able to modify the dialog.tlk by copying it into my override folder, using the installer there, and then copying it back into the lang folder and replacing the original. When I run the installer it says it was successful. I'm not the most savvy dude around, so I'm probably missing a step but I can't figure out what it is. Help?

Hey, I had the same problem when I tried installing manually. Do your PC run on windows or MacOS? If it's the MacOS you could use this handsome little weidu mod installer by @subtledoctor: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x#latest
    That did the trick for me.
  • Esteed897Esteed897 Member Posts: 3
    Ketkallz said:

Hey, I had the same problem when I tried installing manually. Do your PC run on windows or MacOS? If it's the MacOS you could use this handsome little weidu mod installer by @subtledoctor: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x#latest
    That did the trick for me.

Thanks for the response! I'm running Windows 8, I probably should've mentioned that initially, so that's not going to work for me, unfortunately. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Esteed897Esteed897 Member Posts: 3

Just to be clear, I don't think you should be copying the dialog.tlk etc *into* the override folder; rather, you want to copy that stuf into the same folder that the override folder is in, and run the mod from there.

You are a saint. I'd tried running with just the modified dialog.tlk in the 07766 folder but not the whole mod. It's working fine now, thank you!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    At the moment I am updating the level 40 to include the new kits. Opps
    Both mods updated.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    So umm, not sure if it was to do with this mod, but I was fighting a Orgillon in that map area with the whirtle woo guy and he suddenly turned into a loup garou. I took a screen shot of the message that came up when it happened. The weird thing was it wasnt right away, Id been fighting it awhile then I needed to run away and suddenly he chunked into a harder foe...
    Not that again. I thought they renamed that stupid loup spell.

In the HLA there is a folder called other. Take the spell.ids file out of that folder an put it in the override folder of your game.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Hahaha, cool thanks. That was definetly one of the funnier and more surprising bugs Ive ever ran into.
  • KetkallzKetkallz Member Posts: 19

Both mods updated.

You' re a saint :)
  • LucarioaLucarioa Member Posts: 5
    Hey @Com_Solaufein I was just power levelling a sorcerer and a few issues came up.

1. Dragon's Breath HLA does absolutely nothing! The animation is there but no dmg or knockback happens, not even a register of it occuring

2. The text descriptions on Extra 6th-, 7th, and 8th-level spells are missing when picking HLA's

3. Not as important, but are the models for Deva's and Planetar's Supposed to be the same? Also I don't know their exact stats/abilities but it seems like their regular attack is with an unenchanted weapon which seems strange..

Thanks for any fixes!
    I'll take a look at this over the weekend.
  • morfeamorfea Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013

Disregard! Guidelines (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1) did not clearly state (for me atleast) that the patch has to be executed from "00766" foldesr instead of "main". Works now! Thanks!

Found the solution from: below post:

"Arctic Posts: 54
    December 2012 edited December 2012
    for dialogtlk i strongly recomend use mkdir /h to create a hard link so the changes of mods reflect the game correctly

from the terminal , in windows just ...
    cd to the folder of your tlk
    mkdir /h name dialog.tlk
    mkdir /h name2 dialogF.tlk (other language than english)
    move the 2 files to 00766
    rename name1 to dialog.tlk and name2 to dialogF.tlk
    you will need to do it as admin (execute as admin the command prompt)

meybe that help weidu too , since you can create a hard linked extructure that it understands.

I just se someone alreday talked about it xD
    Post edited by Arctic on December 2012"

---
    Any idea what this is about?
    To my understanding i did everything as expected but still get this error. Checked the game too (just in case) no abilities seem to be there as expeted from log.
    I don't know why it did that. I've installed it in my game without error. Seeing that the files that it didn't copy into your Override folder are important, you'll have to do it manually.

Just go into those sub folders, 2da, bams and other and copy those files into your Override folder.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2013
    Any chance of introduce LLA (Low Level Abilities, or just abilities) in the game? Selective by the same way we got HLAs but we reach them at low level.

That could simulate a bit of feats or skills (in PnP) and give a bit of diversity to the game. Of course if there's no way to activate the abilities button at lvl up screen before 2.950.000XP then this request is impossiblem but if that can be done... so much possibilities... :)!

LLAs shoudn't be not even near as powerful as HLAs.

Caster LLAs could just make some spells be only learneable by picking as an ability, the choose of an ability could block another (as made with devas and fallen devas), Melee LLAs could simulate weak versions of the HLAs or minor bonus as power attack (+3 to damage and -3 to thac0 for x rounds), feats from NWN(2), SRD and Player Handbook could help a bit with ideas.

I'm sorry if i'm out of place with this request, but i feel it proper to give this suggestion here. BG tried a very shy form of feats with their NPCs (Eldoth with poison arrow, brawen with Spiritual Hammer, Yeslick with dispel magic, Dynaheir with slow poison, Minsc with Berserker, Quayle with invisibility, Safana with charm animal, edwin with extra spells, Tiax with summon ghast, Coran with godly dexterity and Kagain with godly constitution).
  • kerintokkerintok Member Posts: 1
    hey all, first I want to say excellent job on this mod!

An issue that I wonder if anyone can help me with - I realized this problem in the Black Pits when my mage reached level 12 and saw that for obvious reasons they don't sell any scrolls past 5th level. So I started trying to figure out how I could get higher level spells for my mages...

-Addspell command doesn't work in EE as far as I can tell (accepts the input in the console, but doesn't do anything)
    -Can't create the items since the files don't exist.
    -I believe I could use Shadowkeeper to just add these spells, but I'm using Mac OSX and I'd really rather not go through the trouble of setting up SK and making it workable on my Mac.

So with that being said, does anyone know if anyone has made a mod to add the item files for level 6+ mage scrolls in BG:EE?
  • zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    actually addspell command works, just you need to keep mouse image on the mage character who desperetly needs those spells.it bypasses the intelligece limitations and its working even on sorcerrers which is absolutely an imbalanced cheat imho.
  • kerintokkerintok Member Posts: 1
    brilliant! quirky, but it works. Thanks zurathan...
  • zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    finally i managed to install this addon fully. my first impression is, this is an amazing work done here. stil i have got something to say about this addon,

i tried a priest of lathender to lvl, at XP 8million-lvl40 its fine tons of spells and then 9million-lvl41 he lost oll of the spells!! i m not kidding the entire priest book gone just the class spells left. (i was like :$ and i did mention this fealing briefly in my book "the harm of owercheating")

and i realise that mage and priest HLA spells were actually accupying lvl 9 or lvl7 spell slots, which according to what i read it shouldnt.( http://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/hlas.htm i m disgracefully admiting that i didnt play throne of baal). these spells should be lvl 10 or lvl8 as they labeld and should be accesed throug innate or class spells menu, therefore they can be cast only once per day. while i experimentally cheating with this addon it occured to me that lvl 40 is too much for HLA's and at least 20 HLA is been wasting for each caracter. if those spells or one use abilities like deathblow could and should be awailable to pick multiple times inorder to be able to cast more than once per day.

so these are my first impressions and i hope they are helpfull, sorry about my limited english and thanks for reading.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

I'm past level 10.

I've leveled up a Swashie to 16 :P and then dual-class to mage.
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    Heyho @CoM_Solaufein,

thank you for that mod. I currently experience an issue with an assasin. The backstab muliplier changes to 1x with the mod installed.

And I also have a question: Is the mod compatible with other weidu-mods, if installed first? Especially tweaks like altered thaco/spell progression tables an custom kits (if theese will work again with the next bgee update...)?

cheers!
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    Solved the issue by using Dee's backstab mod. a bit op now, but i'm too lazy to change the values today. Maybee you can use it as a template. you (or whoever) simply forgot to list any other than the default thief class in the backstab.2da for the override...

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22354/tweaking-the-thieves-shadowdancer-assassin-bounty-hunter-and-thief/p1
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I can't install HLA mod. I keep getting error you might see in attached file.
    Anyone able to help me out?
  • MangekyoxMangekyox Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this mod is still maintained but everytime I cast either of the Elemental Transformations "Totemic Druid" my game crashes. i do not receive a crash report though.
    The polymorph spell is missing something that is not in the BGEE game files. Pretty sure it was before. I'll have to add it into the mod in the next update tomorrow.
  • krokykkrokyk Member Posts: 2
    that is some hard work going on here, I appreciate it, truly I do. But let me reiterate the question that was asked here already:

-=+ Are the links from the first post ones, and ONLY the ones, we need to download from? +=-

Thanks a lot for a fabulous work!
    Yes. You need the level 40 file and the HLA file.
    And I forgot about this. Going to work now.

The polymorph spell is missing something that is not in the BGEE game files. Pretty sure it was before. I'll have to add it into the mod in the next update tomorrow.

Updated. Fixed the missing elemental creature files for druid shape shifting.
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited January 2014
    So that’s why the Osmadi/Corsone encounter was crashing on me! I thought this bug was already taken care off. Thanks for remembering to get back to it. :)

Edit: no luck, still CTD. Could it be because I’m loading a save where I’m already in Larswood?
    Edit #2: full reinstall, still no luck. Must be another mod. I’ll investigate this later.
    Post edited by Asthner on