Skip to content

Level limit in BG:EE?

2»

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited April 2013

Mmkay, thanks for the reply. I'm only around level 4-5 and I can definitely feel the difficulty slope evening out a lot more. Just that that cap seems really low to me for some reason... =/

It'll probably end up working itself out later on though. First time playing through if you haven't noticed... :P

I agreed with you when I first started playing. For me, the Xp cap added to replayability. When I maxed my level out, I just moved on to bg2 and saved those areas that I didn't explore this go 'round for my next playthrough.

• BarzarelBarzarel Member Posts: 25
    Daecon said:

I was wondering what the maximum level is for single, dual & multiclassed characters is in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition?

If I remember my Dungeons & Dragons Lore, the level limit is 20? Although I read in the documentation that the level limit will be higher in the sequel than in this game... so does that mean the sequel will allow characters to level to higher than 20, or does Baldur's Gate; Enhanced Edition have a level limit of less than 20?

In the core book yes 20 was the limit but in high level option you can reach 40lvl, and if you can eventually transcend into becoming a diety oror demigod/god

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited July 2013
    High level only goes to 30. And no class progresses beyond 30. All levels gained after 30 are divine levels with no actual bonuses aside from +10 HP and +1 all saves, and are gained exclusively through quests for a divine patron who sponsors you on the path to becoming a demi-god (you still get experience, but it's used for spell/item creation, not leveling up, since you simply gain a divine level as a reward at the end of your assigned quest), and at 40, your character becomes an NPC and you start over.
  • chessicchessic Member Posts: 1
    I'm new here, and this thread seems to have a lot of different answers. I realize a given number of xp may cap classes at different levels. But someone said 20. I remember some time after the original game came out a friend mentioned that he had a lvl 30ish paladin. Can we reach 20+ or not?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @chessic

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Progression_Charts
    Find out about any class you want from these tables. Remember that xp cap for BG EE is 161k, BG 2EE is 8M.

Thus for a Paladin, you can reach lv8 in BG EE and (theoretically) lv34 in BG 2EE. In practise however, I reached the end of Shadows of Amn with 3M xp, so I don't expect to get anywhere near 8M by the end of ToB.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yeah, with luck, you can end with 6,5 Millions XP in each character.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Okay, just so I get this right, according to the chart provided above and the level cap of 161000, I can only get to level 8-10 depending on my class unless I remove the cap manually?

Even if you remove the level cap, you probably won' go much past 8-10 anyway. The encounters and quests are more or less based with the level cap in mind. You might be able to hit 9-11, but I doubt you'd get past that.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Belanos said:

Okay, just so I get this right, according to the chart provided above and the level cap of 161000, I can only get to level 8-10 depending on my class unless I remove the cap manually?

Even if you remove the level cap, you probably won' go much past 8-10 anyway. The encounters and quests are more or less based with the level cap in mind. You might be able to hit 9-11, but I doubt you'd get past that.

unless you're making a solo game. BG:EE doesn't help much whe we play solo games, specially with mage classes.

I'm all for an magic upgrade in BG:EE, giving it a bit more level 6 spells and spreading one or 2 scrolls at the game. An nice and even long quest to get access to an level 6 spell scroll would be real nice also.