Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2010

Comments

• BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39

* Obe combat tutorial fix

Nope, still broken after update :(
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    @Elminster
    Just attempted to get the Elven Chain in a new game started post patch; still didn't drop. Next patch perhaps eh?
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    renaak said:

Found a bug in the new patch. When I'm fully zoomed out, can't transition between maps. Instead of getting the normal "wheel icon" I'm now getting the pointer hand and can't transition. Once I zoom in a few levels the normal transition icon is available again.

Edit: This feature/bug also works the same way with doors, must zoom in a few levels to get the proper icon and ability to open doors/transition into buildings.

Same. It isn't a huge issue as I just have to zoom in a bit, but it was annoying at first.
  • ourzourz Member Posts: 6
    Awesome work guys! I've never seen a game getting patched at this pace before.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    renaak said:

Found a bug in the new patch. When I'm fully zoomed out, can't transition between maps. Instead of getting the normal "wheel icon" I'm now getting the pointer hand and can't transition. Once I zoom in a few levels the normal transition icon is available again.

Edit: This feature/bug also works the same way with doors, must zoom in a few levels to get the proper icon and ability to open doors/transition into buildings.

Yea, noticed this as well though I didn't realize it was the zoom that caused it.

• MutantMeteorMutantMeteor Member Posts: 9
    Do these patches release on the ipad format ?
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86

* Improved Creature spawn system

What does this actually do? I'm still encountering lone Xvarts etc in game.

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Scroll for right side while in shop still doesn't work. One of the most irritating bug remaining.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Suiboon said:

* Improved Creature spawn system

What does this actually do? I'm still encountering lone Xvarts etc in game.

Are those areas you had already been to? I don't know how it works, but I encountered pack of six wolfs in area I hadn't been to previously but still single wolfs, xvarts, etc. in an area I had previously visited.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    toanwrath said:

@Elminster
    Just attempted to get the Elven Chain in a new game started post patch; still didn't drop. Next patch perhaps eh?

Maybe you just didn't have Tymora's luck :D
  • RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17

I'm still waiting for the mac version.

On the bright side, you should have a pretty well patched relatively bug-free game when the mac version is released. Right now I wish the initial launch could have been some sort of open-beta bug finding spree. Still hindsight is 20/20 and I don't know how they could have implemented that. The point remains, the longer it takes them to release, the more polished it should be ;-)
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Nice work again on a new patch so soon and much appreciated,Enemies still appear to be spawning singulary,unless this is a level dependant engine mechanic.Will have a playthrough anyway hopefully the spawning will increase.
    Messi said:

Are those areas you had already been to? I don't know how it works, but I encountered pack of six wolfs in area I hadn't been to previously but still single wolfs, xvarts, etc. in an area I had previously visited.

To test this out I loaded a save game where I'm fresh out of Candlekeep with Imoen, went east, met 2 lone, separate Xvarts on map, went east again, met a single gibberling, went north until I found a lone mercenary who proceeded to kill us. Yes I was only level 1 and had only 2 people in the party but that shouldn't mean that the world is populated by groups of 1.

Could someone comment on the situation with the Xvart village and Gnoll fortress? I haven't played that far nor will I until this gets really fixed.
  • LuthoreLuthore Member Posts: 43
    With the zoom feature fix, did you guys make it so it saved your zoom setting?

I seem to notice that while im outside of buildings my zoom setting is saved when i area transition in and out. but for some reason if I go inside a building the area zoom is not saved at either the outside setting, nor the setting I set it to while inside.

It's kind of... interesting. not sure if it was intended or not.
    Yeah but they come in groups of 1. Always. I don't remember that happening (although its been a long time since I played vanilla instead of tutu).

At what point do they start to pose a threat? At level 3? Later than that? I don't remember EVER meeting just a single Xvart or Gibberling before EE.
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    3 people tested in multiplayer. Thanks devs.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Suiboon I promise they were only groups of one back in Vanilla. 2 happened sometimes but not often, and if it did it was usually a gibberling. But ya its not Tutu's broken 6 every time there is supposed to be a spawn, spawn system.
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Well the way i play,i like to round up my party and maybe play through some quests and then go back and start clearing areas.By that time i'm usually level two and some are three and it's still the same single this and single that.The way it at the moment you don't even need a party.It is broken.
    @Dragonspear alright, I'll take your word for it. Would be nice to know what the patch actually did in this regard though.
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    hm...now all the quests in my journal are gone. no matter if done or not...only "important events" is there.
    also: all my personal journal entries (User) are gone...wow...this actually bothers me more than any bug I had before...
  • gereygerey Member Posts: 4
    The journal still makes me crazy :D, scrolling it would be nice, but nonetheless it's still great work guys.
  • LetundielLetundiel Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the continious effort on updates.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    edited December 2012
    Outstanding Overhaul Games! This is great :D

A big thank you to everybody at Overhauls who is more than likely working working overtime to get these excellent patches out, four of them since launch in barely over a week is amazing!
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Don't let Faldorn know about all the bug crushing you're doing... You may invoke nature's wrath!
  • gereygerey Member Posts: 4
    elminster said:

notking said:

Does the Elven Chainmail drop yet or should I play my LG Invoker first?

Where can I find Elven chainmail?
    One of the people you fight in one of the Dorn encounter's is wearing it, though previously she did not drop it when she dies. Not sure about it post patch.
    I've tested it a few min ago,
    she still not drops it
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Kensai and Archer kit damage bonuses now display in the ui properly. Also the plus two damage from the gaunlets of weapon skill now display too.
  • ChaosPonyChaosPony Member Posts: 2

@Suiboon I promise they were only groups of one back in Vanilla. 2 happened sometimes but not often, and if it did it was usually a gibberling. But ya its not Tutu's broken 6 every time there is supposed to be a spawn, spawn system.

Not true.

In the first area after Gorion is killed, you would often face a pack of 4 to 6 gibberlings. This was at level 1.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Suiboon said:

Yeah but they come in groups of 1. Always. I don't remember that happening (although its been a long time since I played vanilla instead of tutu).

At what point do they start to pose a threat? At level 3? Later than that? I don't remember EVER meeting just a single Xvart or Gibberling before EE.

ChaosPony said:

Not true.

In the first area after Gorion is killed, you would often face a pack of 4 to 6 gibberlings. This was at level 1.
    I played the original BG1 last two months ago. One gibberling, one Xvart. Maybe taking Imoen buffs up the spawns though because I never do, I always do the first chapter or two solo.
This discussion has been closed.