Skip to content

[BUG] Summon Spirit Animal (Totemic Druid) does nothing??

theleethelee Member Posts: 76
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
1. Start a new game as a Totemic Druid.
2. Use Summon Spirit Animal.
3. Spell effect occurs, combat log mentions the spell...
4. Nothing happens. No animal, no summon, nothing.

What the what? (this is all on ipad version)
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone tried one yet? when i summon the spirit animal, it does the spell graphic, but it doesn't summon anything. Ive tried it multpile times always the same thing

-Also, just thought id mention, great job on it, im barely anywhere in it so far and its awesome
    Post edited by Dee on
  • KratokKratok Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    While you get the ability at level 1 for some reason, it only becomes useable from level 5 and forward (for balance reasons I assume). Level up to 5 and it will work, but it's not very powerful in BG:EE however.
  • TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    Cool, thanks. I must have just stopped trying it
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    Confirming this happens in the PC version as well, although my Totemic Druid was in the Black Pits, I don't know if this makes a difference or not. But Summon Spirit Animal does nothing here either.
  • eupolemoseupolemos Member Posts: 7
    I cant write the name of my character at creation.The spirit animal of the totemic druid does not come when I use the special ability to summon it.It should come.
  • eupolemoseupolemos Member Posts: 7
    eupolemos said:

I cant write the name of my character at creation.The spirit animal of the totemic druid does not come when I use the special ability to summon it.It should come.

eupolemos said:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Bump
  • ElfBaneElfBane Member Posts: 24
    Built a L4 totemic druid in the pits. It summons nothing. I know the TD summons was overpowered, but the fix is summon NOTHING??
    So what's the deal?
  • ElfBaneElfBane Member Posts: 24
    Shandyr said:

Do you mean the spirit animal?

Yes

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited December 2012
    Merged the threads.

I'm not at my PC at the moment to check, but are you guys sure that the Spirit Animals really aren't working? The ability is different in BGEE, instead of summoning an animal at random, when you use Spirit Animal its supposed to open a menu on the quickbar where you select one of the animals.
    (...)
    (...)
    Tagging @Shandir
    edited December 2012
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    @Tanthalas

oh my god you're my hero!

on the ipad, there's no cursor change or anything (because there's no cursor), and i'm so not used to selecting an animal, so this is what i would do:
    1. cast spirit animal
    2. nothing appears to happen (compared to BG2)
    3. enter the inn to rest and try again (which would cancel the spell)
    4. rest, cast in the inn
    5. nothing appears to happen (compared to BG2)
    6. rest and try again (which would cancel the spell again)

hahaha, i never once thought to look down at the quick bar during all that.
    edited December 2012
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    It turns out spirit animals DO work, however, if you do not have the druid selected when the purple "Summon" effect happens, you don't get the opportunity to select an animal type, and the summon is wasted. This was what was happening to me, I was moving to another character and letting the summon go off.

It would be better if they let you select the animal you wanted before you finish the casting, so you don't have to unpause for a second to get the selections, but I don't know if that is a problem with the interface or what.
    @Cragspyder

I don't think that's possible with the BG engine. Spirit Animals works the same way as Spell Immunity does.
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@Cragspyder

I don't think that's possible with the BG engine. Spirit Animals works the same way as Spell Immunity does.

Isn't that what Nahal's Reckless Dweomer does (that is, immediately prompt you for something)?

(EDIT: my guess is that it's a combo of a 0 second spell with an improved alacrity effect so there's no wait)
  • atothatoth Member Posts: 1
    Nope, no animal choices show up for me on PC. I even tried at lev 5. I hit the summon Icon and the spell starts instantly to no effect.
  • BadmassBadmass Member Posts: 36
    The Totemic Druid class kit's special ability Summon Spirit Animal does not summon anything. The special ability is supposed to summon a spirit bear, lion, wolf, or snake.
  • BadmassBadmass Member Posts: 36
    Ahh yes it does thank you! I never noticed the little menu. I was used to BG2 where it summoned a random animal.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Merged.