Skip to content

So, I'm new to the Forums...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    Oh my.

Well, sorry to say, but Forums will have to get used to my obvious presence of homosexuality, as it is my main pointer when it comes to games introducing such things to only then have it toned down to the point of it not even being there.

They still could've added something more than that, there's a whole game and within, what, an hour ? My romance with Dorn is already finished. Two dialogues, could've added more, in my own opinion. I still love this game to bits, however the more I play it the more I realize barely anything has been added to the game. Other than a few items, new characters, voice sets, "stories", updated graphics and, who can forget the great... expansion, Black Pits? (Why you get 3k gold for killing the guy at the end, is beyond me. Oh, well, actually, I assume they're going to expand it. Since it says "unfamiliar ground" or something when you complete it properly instead of being flooded by 3 duergar every 2-3 seconds.

I don't half talk a lot... I'm quite passionate about my games, especially BG haha! I should get a position as a game critic... If only I knew how.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Also

BG has the most replay value I've ever seen. There's a thousand outcomes in every playthrough, which is why you play it again, and again, and again. Most people either re-roll their characters for the next game or because they want to (like me) do multiple games at the same time. I mean, all 3 new characters, as far as I've gotten, don't even clash. They only clash to other NPCs, which I thinks silly. That means you can complete all 3 stories in one game, although it's a great idea. For the world of BG, it's nice to have people clash because then it means you have to replay the game to get the juicy dialogue (Which is apparently lacking so far.) I know I'm being heavily opinionated, but don't take it the wrong way. I'm in LOVE with the new things, I'm just critising the lack of potential it could have had. It could have so, so much more. Did they not think about the months between BG1:EE and BG2:EE? I'm going to sit here for months with a game I'm probably not going to touch anymore because I'm only playing this version for, what seems, the new characters and cut off storylines (for now, they are anyway).
    edited December 2012
    Haha, we're a lot a like!
    I played this game for Neera, solely. Her and Aerie are my two ALL TIME favourites in my gaming experience. That's a lot of competition and games to be rivaled with, as I'm a very heavy gamer and play everything
    Except COD, won't buy it, but will play it.

Though I never

Romanced Aerie, it just never happened. Somehow.

We should play BG2. Like, right now (I think Bg1:ee is still having multiplayer problems? If it's not, let's do it ._.)

The realm series is my favourite game and always will be. Improvements are lovely, too!

I mostly play all the games (Minus icewind dale, my
    Boyfriend
    is getting me it for Christmas! Par request, obviously. ;) ) for the characters. Solely the characters. I love their personalities. It's one of few that gives it's characters so much to the point of where it's almost real. That is perfection, to me. To have characters, in fantasy, that you actually begin to care and feel for when slain.
    edited December 2012
    Ah, I see now. I was to solely thinking about Bg1, I never actually thought about how Bg1 is actually the start of the game. Now that I've thought about, I'm not bothered by it anymore. Though,
    I still think a bit more dialogue would've been better.
    THAT AWKWARD MOMENT YOU
    kiss Neera
    AND A WILD ANKHEG ATTACKS YOU WHEN THE DIALOGUE CLOSES XD
    Both times. Both. Times. I HAD TO, S-S-SHE CAME ONTO ME LIKE AN AERIE ON WINGS!!!
    Dorn doesn't care because he's cruel +1000
    No, he doesn't. Stop protecting him!! :O

YOU ONLY LIE TO YOURSELF!!!
    Magic Missile!
    @Shandyr Where art thou?

Havethst thou gon' to ze Planes?

Oh, poetry. POETRY. Biff? Is that you? :O
    edited December 2012
    Backstabs @Shandyr. Lvl.15 Thief. Go chew on sticks of cinnamon, hah!
    It was a critical backstab, no revives for you! Guess you'll just have to...
    RE-ROLL!!!!
    Quick Fox! Do a Re-Roll!
    Fugue ._.?

Whut.

Icecream needs it's own plane. GIMME
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2012
    @Shandyr - I don't know why I find the concept of krill-flavoured ice cream so funny, but I do. As I repeat the phrase "krill-flavoured ice cream" in my head for the umpteenth time, I still crack up. So silly. Thanks for a good laugh!
    EDIT: Nine days later. Still funny!
    Post edited by swnmcmlxi on
    edited December 2012
    So many views. So much of an empty Thread. *Sad Face*
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    So many spoiler alerts. Mein eyes, they burn :D

Welcome to the forum.
    Ho there wonder, stay thy course for a moment to endulge an old man? Of course, it is Elminster himself! Sorry, I just love that name. Elminster all the way, hey-hey! <3

Thanks :D Welcome to my Thread?! :O Diseased Gibberlings, eeeek!!
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Shandyr and @Icecreamtub: You two are so cute together. :3