Skip to content

BPSeries Party AI Goes WeiDu!

1235»

Comments

• horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    P.S: For now, I attached the MAC_OSX folder from v0.3081. I also uploaded the Mac_OSX folder to the SHS Forum main thread for the mod (very-recently renamed): http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55595-bp-series-for-bgee-bg2-and-bg2ee/

• GarasouGarasou Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2013
    New version seems to have broken compatibility with BG1EE. When I try to install it I get this error:
    [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\source\bgee\BP-Bard.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 9697 column 1-51
    Near Text: )
    [UseItemExt] not found in ACTION.IDS
    ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\source\bgee\BP-Bard.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bpseries\source\bgee\BP-Bard.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: compiling [bpseries\source\bgee\BP-Bard.baf]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [BP-Series Party AI for BG:EE,BG2:EE and BG2:ToB], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [BPSeries/backup/100/OTHER.100]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "BPSeries/backup/100/OTHER.100")
    [BPSeries/backup/100/UNSETSTR.100] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 1 files for [BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2] component 100.
    Restoring backed-up [BPSeries/backup/100/bpseries.mrk]
    BPSeries/backup/100/bpseries.mrk copied to override/bpseries.mrk, 514 bytes
    Uninstalled 1 files for [BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2] component 100.
    [./override/ar2003.are] loaded, 1684 bytes
    [./override/ar2003.are] loaded, 1684 bytes
    Unable to Unlink [BPSeries/backup/100/READLN.100]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "BPSeries/backup/100/READLN.100")
    Unable to Unlink [BPSeries/backup/100/READLN.100.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "BPSeries/backup/100/READLN.100.TEXT")

Full log attached.

Current version works fine in BG2EE and previous version (0.3080) works in BG1EE.
    edited November 2013
    I tested this on a bare BGEE 5 minutes before uploading. What other mods do you have installed, and did you include the detectable stats requirement? The UseItemExt is a new/old scripting command that BP Series adds (usually flawlessly).

Did you have the prior verion of BP Series installed? If so, there's a chance that the file BPSeries.mrk (a marker) wasn't deleted from the override. Please check to see if this file is currently present in override. If so, delete it and try reinstallation. If that file isn't present, the code inc UseItemExt should install. It's the only thing I can see, that would stop this code from working.

Note that I also tested uninstall and reinstalls out. But always with the same mod version. By chance, if you had v0.3081 present, did you just choose "reinstall" w/ v0.3100? If so, that would be a no-no. Please uninstall the old version before installing the new version. This also could have broken it, because there were many changes to the installer. And please et me know, so I can put a warning label on the downloads page.

I also notice that the installation is using a hard link. I never use those, and thanks to the new weidu they are not required. That could "possibly" (but not likely) be an issue.

P.S: @Garasou I'm not pointing a finger at you in the above, just trying to make this a universal reply in case other ppl end up w/ the same problem. That, and try to sort out what went wrong.
    Post edited by horredtheplague on
    edited November 2013

I tested this on a bare BGEE 5 minutes before uploading. What other mods do you have installed, and did you include the detectable stats requirement? The UseItemExt is a new/old scripting command that BP Series adds (usually flawlessly).

Yes, as can be seen in the log attached to the post. Also installed are these mods:
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v14

And as said in the edit the previous version worked without problem.

Edit: Also not sure if relevant but the BG1EE install is the Steam version.

Did you have the prior verion of BP Series installed? If so, there's a chance that the file BPSeries.mrk (a marker) wasn't deleted from the override. Please check to see if this file is currently present in override. If so, delete it and try reinstallation. If that file isn't present, the code inc UseItemExt should install. It's the only thing I can see, that would stop this code from working.

Note that I also tested uninstall and reinstalls out. But always with the same mod version. By chance, if you had v0.3081 present, did you just choose "reinstall" w/ v0.3100? If so, that would be a no-no. Please uninstall the old version before installing the new version. This also could have broken it, because there were many changes to the installer.

P.S: @Garasou I'm not pointing a finger at you in the above, just trying to make this a universal reply in case other ppl end up w/ the same problem.

Thank you for your help, the problem was indeed a falty uninstall after deleting the mentioned file I was able to install it.

Awesome, thanks @Garasou. I'll add a "Uninstall Old Version First" warning label to the downloads page. :-)
    Updated to v0.3101, which includes the _MACOSX folder for Macintosh users. Also included are soeminstaller fixes to insure compatability with The Big Picture. If you don't use a Macintosh or already grabbed the attached folder, and don't use the Big Picture--you won't need this update. More good content coming soon, after I help finish up a pending game release.
    A very quick hotfix, brings us to v0.3102. This addresses a compatability issue between STATE_DISEASED_FIX and other mods using Detectable Spells. Use this if you get compile errors for STATE_DISEASED_FIX. It happened to me when I installed BP Series after Rogue Rebalancing for BG2EE.
    And, the latest version is now live. For those that haven't followed progress in the SHS forums, this is a huge update! Lots of cleanup, major overhauls to key systems, new additions, new systems, new scripts, user requests honored, and much much more (and even more to come, stay tuned). Get the files from the SHS download section, same place as always.
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    Has anyone else tried the new version (v0.3111) with an imported Sorcerer character? It appears the AI is does not see my spells. No buffs or summons work. I was able to set my weapon so I know the script is firing. Imoen (standard mage) buffs herself & summons just fine.

I experimented a little and a newly created mage or sorcerer works OK, just not my imported sorcerer. I reset the 'Called' Global to 0, just in case but no change was noted.

I was running a solo sorcerer in BGEE with SCS remove-exp-cap and am 12th at the start of SOA.
    Installed mods are (in order):
    NEERA
    WANDCASE
    BG2_TWEAKS
    STRATAGEMS
    BPSERIES

p.s. I really like the new BattleMage script and can hardly wait to give it a spin!
    Haven't heard this one before. No good obvious reason I can think of, for this to happen. The only glitch that we had seen was the global setting, which you tried.

Was your imported sorcerer set up for using the BP Series scripts before? Have you tried them w/ other BP mage scripts with the same results, or just BP-BMage?

I'll have a new version coming out in a couple of days or so, was almost finished up before our game released. Can't say if it will help your problem, or not. Honestly, I'd have to see this behavior for myself to be able to sort out why it's happening.
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    I had used the BP-Mage script throughout BGEE and was just starting BG2EE. This sorc was started at level 1 in Candlekeep. I'll do another solo sorc run to see if it happens again.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited December 2013
    I came across an error while looking at your scripts in Near Infinity. On at least one occasion, possibly 3, you have a nested OR condition, meaning something like:

OR(2)
    Condition1
    OR(2)
    Condition 2
    Condition 3

According to Near Infinity, you can't do that. I'd give you the exact blocks this situation is in, but I'm not running the system I have Near Infinity on right now.
    Belanos said:

I came across an error while looking at your scripts in Near Infinity. On at least one occasion, possibly 3, you have a nested OR condition, meaning something like:

OR(2)
    Condition1
    OR(2)
    Condition 2
    Condition 3

According to Near Infinity, you can't do that. I'd give you the exact blocks this situation is in, but I'm not running the system I have Near Infinity on right now.

Thanks. I had caught this one myself, a few days back. It was a side effect of the mass REPLACE function usage in Notepad++.

Scripts have come a long ways in a couple days of concentrated test-playing. I could release them any time, but I'm just trying to make sure things really are working right. With all the testing in the world, errors can still slip through but at least the obvious ones can be sifted out.
    Azchar111 said:

I had used the BP-Mage script throughout BGEE and was just starting BG2EE. This sorc was started at level 1 in Candlekeep. I'll do another solo sorc run to see if it happens again.

It's possible this was caused by the error noted above. I know I'm using the exact same script for Edwin in my current tests, and he's just blazing out the spells.
    Happy New Year! A new version of BP Series (v0.3120) is available, just in time for 2014. Extensive in-game testing this time, lots of minute fine-tuning repetitious testing done as well. Lots of fixes, lots of enhancements.

Grab the files from the SCS downloads section, same place as always. Questions or comments in the SHS forums, or here if you prefer. Enjoy!
  • FyorlFyorl Member Posts: 2
    Bump because I've had the same issue as @Azchar111. I imported my cleric/ranger from BG1:EE into BG2:EE and she refuses to cast any spells with any of the BP AI scripts. A clue might be the fact that her one quick spell slot had Armour of Faith in it and she had memorised it twice. In BG1:EE the quick-spell slot correctly showed 2 casts of Armour of Faith. Once I imported her into BG2:EE, Armour of Faith was still in her quick-spell slot but it showed 0 casts. I right-clicked it to select another spell and Armour of Faith was there with 2 casts available which meant I definitely had the spells memorised. I don't know if these two things are related at all but I hoped it might shed some light on the issue.
    Actually I think it has nothing do with casting spells per se, but it still gave me a good idea. I think the clock resets from BG1 to BG2, if not externally then definitely internally. The scripts rely on timers, that are set as local variables on the character file. Now, the clocks are so far ahead from BG1 that when you start BG2, it technically would take (game) weeks to catch up. I never saw this scenario with BGT, because it was really 'one big game'.

I can devise a way to handle this, and obviously will need to. For now...unfortunately the only fix involes editing the GAM file, and manually resetting these globals. Or, does CLUA console also handle LOCALS variables in addition to GLOBAL? If so, I'll jot up a list so you can fix your current games. The fix I have in mind will only work at the start of BG2 (in AR0602). For those who need it, I can give you a one-time fix for the problem if you can open a text editor and comment out a couple lines before installing.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    In BG2 CLUA console can handle local variables for characters in the team. You need to select the character and maybe keep the mouse pointer on its portrait while you type the command.
    I assume this ability has not been removed in BG2EE.
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the tip, @Isaya. OK, here's a list of LOCALS that should be reset between games. Even though these are Timers, setting them to 0 this way works. The CLUA line is:

SetGlobal("xxxxxxx","LOCALS",0)

And as Isaya mentioned you might have to click on each player individually (might work as a group? never tried). But in this case, the only one needing the quick-fix is the main PC.

LOCALS:

SHOUTED
    SPL_CAST
    HEALCALL (healer-types only, used as party healers or not)
    BUFFCHEK
    BUFFTIME
    SUMTIMER
    HIDECALL
    MOVEPUSH
    STABTIME (anybody capable of backstabbing via code, used or not)

I think that's all that matter. As you can see, there's a fair list. That's why I only want this code to execute once per game transition. Since it applies only to the main character, only in a BG2EE game, I can probably just add a small snippet to BG2EE's AR0602.bcs (Jonny's Dungeon, floor 1) to handle it rather than in the AI scripts. As the sheer ability to set LOCALS on anyone other than the script runner is native to BG2EE (on BG2 it requires ToBex) I think it's a fair tradeoff.

I'm 99.5% sure this will solve the problem. I'll try to get an official hotfix for this one available this weekend. Unless I roll a 1-5 on the d1000, then back to the drawing board. ;)
    I've got a working "spell fix" for the local variables, that is cast from AR0602.bcs on the main PC once only. It sets all the timers back to zero, at start of BG2EE. Blanket application--as there's only a crude way to check if a PC was imported from BGEE or not (an XP check--some mods would break this) I skipped it. All in all there were 12 variables to account for; I checked a PC file to see what was set rather than just script-gazing. One was only because I made a recent change to the Interrupt system ("INTERUPT") from timer to 0-1 toggle switch. This I did merely as precaution; it probably would have been fine.

I'll post a hotfix version in a bit, but for those in a hurry (like me) the missing variables were:

INTERUPT (cast--attack system)
    BERRIES (goodberry handling)
    ROGUE_DI (detect illusions system for rogues)
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    I am getting these errors when installing and the scripts show up as just Invalid in the game. I attached the picture. I am installing it for BGEE and have no other mods installed.

[bpseries/source/gb-smage.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3973 column 1-32
    [HaveSpell] argument [WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[bpseries/source/gb-smage.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3995 column 1-49
    [Spell] argument [WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC] not found in [Spell.IDS]
    [./override/AREATYPE.IDS] loaded, 183 bytes[bpseries/source/gb-smage.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3973 column 1-32

[./override/AREATYPE.IDS] loaded, 183 bytes
    Porcelyn said:

I am getting these errors when installing and the scripts show up as just Invalid in the game. I attached the picture. I am installing it for BGEE and have no other mods installed.

[./override/AREATYPE.IDS] loaded, 183 bytes[bpseries/source/gb-smage.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3973 column 1-32

Thanks for the report. I must have overlooked it because I had BP installed, and BP added these IDS entries. I'll get a hotfix for this as soon as I can ration the time.
  • Ysil69Ysil69 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2014
    Somethings not working right for me =/. To start I was fiddling with Neera under mage and tried using spell trigger. It popped up as an invalid something or other. From that point on the original BPseries I was using stopped working. I tried to reinstall but Detect stats thought it was already uninstalled but wasn't... long story short I had to reinstall my BG game to it's original state, than reinstall my mods. Well after I did that bpseries installation installed perfectly fine.

But now when I'm in game, the script list doesn't have the scripts. They're all titled invalid:32506 Invalid:32507 with the numbers increasing down the list. So I uninstalled bpseries completely. On reinstall, I noticed detect stats was detected as already being installed. Which shows that it's not uninstalling completely for some reason. And after reinstalling I'm still receiving the error. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. My only other mods are BG2tweaks, and I thought my saved game might just be corrupted so I started a new game, and it's the same in that one.

Fixed: Not exactly sure what I did. Did a fresh install again. This time I launched BG2tweaks first even though it says to run it last. Ran it, then bpseries and it's all working again.
    Post edited by Ysil69 on
  • ProvostProvost Member Posts: 4
    Horred, thanks for the awesome AI. I am having a problem with the script erroneously detecting Minsc as being diseased. The other hiccup is my party casts buffs after the battle is complete. Any insight would be appreciated.
    @Provost Sorry for the horrible delay in response, things are getting really busy for me. Maybe you found out the cause already--I've posted it elsewhere before--but just in case...

Usually this happens because you have aTweaks installed. Or, perhaps some other mod that uses the Detectable Spells system--but an older version than BP.

The older versions have a broken and redundant check for LEVELDRAIN. It happens to occupy the same slot as my (working) STATE_DISEASED check. So, when mixed--it gives my scripts a false reading whenever the character is hit by a potential level drain spell.

The only temporary fix I've found, until other mods, is going into the mod's Detectable Spells TPH file, and deleting both the level drain code and the call to execute it. Naturally this is advanced technique, not for the novice. For aTweaks this would be aTweaks/DS/DS.tph. Regardless of whether/how other modders use the LEVELDRAIN stat or not--it doesn't work, so you're not really breaking anything by taking it out.
    @Provost About the spell buffs. It usually happens immediately after the battle, yes? There's a small delay before the global variable can reset--the one that tells the party "Hey, there's something ugly in our face--get busy!!". I don't know a way to beat the hardcoded 1-second delay in global reset, and every coding attempt I've made to work around it has failed so far. If I could beat it, it wouldn't be there.

• pikachu01pikachu01 Member Posts: 2

Porcelyn said:

Thanks for the report. I must have overlooked it because I had BP installed, and BP added these IDS entries. I'll get a hotfix for this as soon as I can ration the time.
    Hi,

I know I'm quoting a very old post here, but I'm still getting a similar error when installing BPSeries AI v03121.

Is this still a known issue?

Thank you :)