Skip to content

BPSeries Party AI Goes WeiDu!

Comments

• KeryvianKeryvian Member Posts: 14
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks again.
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    Translations for Spanish, French, and Russian (BG2 only) are in and available for download (v0.3052). Other languages (besides English) are in sore need of help--translators needed.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2013
    @horredtheplague Would you consider adding an OSX weidu installer in your next release? No need to change anything in the mod, but the weidu executable itself.
    mlnevese said:

@horredtheplague Would you consider adding an OSX weidu installer in your next release? No need to change anything in the mod, but the weidu executable itself.

I've got no problems with that at all, just not sure how to set it up currently (never done it). Just the .exe, or some support code as well?

edited March 2013
    @horredtheplague No need to change anything, just adding the executable is enough. No need to change the tp2. Also if anyone has any doubt they can read the sticky in the OSX forum.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16334/installing-mods-in-osx-a-quick-tutorial
    @mlnevese: If I read this post correctly, I just place a renamed copy of this file (w/ no extension) in the same place as the Windows executable, side by side as it were, and the OSx users will be all set to install and use?
    @horredtheplague Yes. You can also take a look at the script Rogue Rebalancing uses that allows it to install without making the soft link to dialog.tlk. That script also works in Windows, as long as you're using the latest Weidu beta.
    @horredtheplague I've adapted the setup script and added weidu for OSX in the Zip file...
    Updated to v 0.3053, with Max OSX support (as long as I didn't fudge the setup). Thanks @mlnevese !
    @horredtheplague

Just tested. For some reason the script is only working if I add ./ in the beggining of the line.

It should read:

./weidu BPSeries/setup-BPSeries.tp2 --script-style bg2 --tlkin ./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk --tlkout ./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk --log setup-BPSeries.debug

Sorry, I shoud have tested first...
    v0.3054 posted. I added the ./ to the first line, and corrected a typo in the second line. Let me know if it works out.
    @horredtheplague

Tested. It works now.

If you want to you can add the instructions in your readme on how to open a terminal window in BGEE folder and then type ./bgee_install_BPseries.

It would read something like:

In Finder, go to Applications/Baldur's Gate-EE/Game Data/00777/. Right click on "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" and select "Show Package Contents." Go to Contents/Resources. The Override folder will be there, along with the game data.

Unzip bpseriesxxxx inside the Resources folder

Open a terminal window.

Type, or just copy and paste the foollowing command:

cd /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/Game\ Data/00777/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/

Once inside the Resources folder type:

./bgee_install_BPSeries.sh

Follow the prompts on screen.
    Thanks @mlnevese. Copied over to the next release's read-me file.
  • KunikosKunikos Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2013
    That's cool and all but now it doesn't install on Windows at all (since you added Mac support). Complains that the executable can't be run.

Installing 3052 ends up with only BP-Monk selectable, no other BP scripts are visible.

I'm using game update 7.
    Post edited by Kunikos on
    @Kunikos Are you trying to install using setup-bpseries.exe? I had no trouble installing it in the Windows version.
    I just tried using the setup-bpseries.exe from that package and had a MAJOR problem. In fact, I can't get it to shut down, even after shutting down my system several times and uninstalling BGEE. That file is the only one left in the folder after the uninstall. I haven't been able to figure out what other program is now infinitely running it, to shut it down so I can delete this rogue file.

I noticed that the setup-bpseries.exe in the osx package is 7.45MB, whereas the latest beta of (Windows) weidu.exe is only 895kb. I've never seen a weidu.exe over 1MB in size in all the years I've been using it. I'm suspecting this is at least part of the problem.

I'm going to have to make this a seperate Mac-OSX installer package upload, once I can get BGEE re-installed to a clean folder, and re-build a Mac-free mod installer. Not throwing away that work, but Windows users deserve a hassle-free package. That much I know I can provide, if I just leave the Mac out. I know nothing about Mac's to try and solve this problem, and have no intention of purchasing a Mac unless my work at the studio requires it in the future.
    Done. v0.3060 is uploaded, with a "regular" and "Mac-OSX" version side by side. The "regular" version is Windows install-tested and verified as working, the Mac-OSX just a rename of the last posted version.
    edited March 2013
    @horredtheplague

Actually they can be combined in a single package if the mac version of Weidu is kept as weidu and the windows installer is named setup-bpseries.exe. The OSX script won't call the exe and the exe won't call the Mac weidu.

Unless you want to use a similar script to install the windows version without need of copying or linking to dialog.tlk...

Even then they can be a single package with the first line calling setup-bpseries.exe instead of ./weidu
    edited March 2013
    @mlnevese: I'm fine with doing that; I just want to be sure that Windows users aren't excluded by adding Mac support. I'm guessing this happened because the weidu-OSX was included in your packaging (renamed as setup-bpseries.exe) instead of the windows version? I just want the windows version to work the same as it did before we started trying to add Mac support. Mac users are fine with a windows-based setup-bpseries.exe, as you say? If so, I'll make a re-combined v3061 later on.

Sorry for all the juggling, everyone. Just trying to make it better for all players, in the long haul.
    @horredtheplague My first package before the script had a setup file. That may have been where the error happened.
    Ok. v0.3061 uploaded, a recombined Windows/Mac-OSX pack. I was able to Windows-install this with all the files from the Mac-OSX present; hopefully others will too. And hopefully, the Mac-OSX install wasn't broken in that effort. :)
  • KasKas Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2013
    well I have problem to install this mod
    it seems that this mod does not work on steam version,
    when I copy&paste all the stuff into steam apps/bgee and run the setup file
    message says there is no dialogue talk file
    so I had copied dialogue talk file from the language directory to main folder bgee
    well.. setup was done smoothly
    however when I run the bgee and inspect the script files after installing this mod
    all the new scripts was broken and named such as missing components or something
    also, I tried to copy&paste all the stuff into language folder which hold dialogue file,
    even inital setup does not work
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited March 2013
    I believe the steam version has nothing to do with it. You just need to apply these instructions before you start installing mods.
    Alternatively, copy back the dialog.tlk file (after installation) from the main folder into the language folder (where the game looks for the texts) and the missing strings should be replaced with the proper BP-Series descriptions.
  • KasKas Member Posts: 28
    Isaya said:

I believe the steam version has nothing to do with it. You just need to apply these instructions before you start installing mods.
    Alternatively, copy back the dialog.tlk file (after installation) from the main folder into the language folder (where the game looks for the texts) and the missing strings should be replaced with the proper BP-Series descriptions.

thanks so much !! it works fine now :)
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    has anyone else experienced a party member with a BP script active passing healing potions to an enemy? I noticed the "Here you go" text and then found the potions on the corpse of the enemy.
    *dons sports announcer voice* INTERCEPTION!!

Seriously, I haven't seen it yet but I can see if there's a loophole letting it through. The potion tossing player does so in response to a shout whose number only a party member would shout (I think). Unless there's another mod installed, adding shouts to enemies of the same number? Or, of course, some sort of typo.

Was it one script in particular (do you remember?) or observed a few times from different scripts?
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    I noticed it with the druid script. Unfortunately i think it happened again, but i couldn't find the stack in the bodies so i can't try reproducing it until i find more potions
    I double-checked in the scripts (triple-checked the druid script), and the only way I'm seeing it as possible is if there's a fundamental problem with the Shout/Hearing functionality. All the GiveItem("POTNxxxx" blocks use Heard/LastHeardBy to determine their target. Furthermore, they also have an InParty(LastHeardBy(Myself)) condition that needs to be satisfied before the potion toss action is given. Something like this:
    OR(6)
    Heard(NearestMyGroupOfType([PC]),2018) // custom shout 2018 = PC, At 25% or less Hit Pts
    Heard(SecondNearestMyGroupOfType([PC]),2018)
    Heard(ThirdNearestMyGroupOfType([PC]),2018)
    Heard(FourthNearestMyGroupOfType([PC]),2018)
    Heard(FifthNearestMyGroupOfType([PC]),2018)
    Heard(SixthNearestMyGroupOfType([PC]),2018)
    InParty(LastHeardBy(Myself))

I've never witnessed this happening myself. Even if another mod overwrote my custom shout #2018, both the checks for NearestMyGroupOfType([PC]) and InParty(LastHeardBy(Myself)) would register negative and the action GiveItem("POTNxxxx",LastHeardBy(Myself)) would never be fired. Not saying it didn't happen to you, just not seeing how it's possible from logical standpoint.
    @horredtheplague

I've never seen this behavior in the scripts as well and I've been using them since you released the first version compatible with the EE...

On another note, @Nifft just released an UPX version of Weidu for Mac that greatly reduces its size, available here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi80q6ubit0qro9/WeiDU-Mac-231-upx.zip

Release comment here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/289672/#Comment_289672
    @mlnevese: That weidu rework sounds promising, but from the comments thread it also sounds like they're still working out the kinks. I'll be happy to use a much-smaller version for Mac OX when it's ironed out--that original package tripled the mod's file package size.