Skip to content

Journal completely empty upon reloading game

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • brydlingbrydling Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    This happened to me too. It seems to have something to do with the fifth update.

Edit: It works now, strange..
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2012
    I also have an issue with the journal now, It has the Important Events quest maximized on every chapter's page, but I cannot minimize it. Very irritating :)

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. The Important Events quest is the ONLY thing in the quest journal now. On both the Current and Complete Quests page. Everything else is gone.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2012
    Was fixed by adding something to the journal via quest completion or progress (I completed the next part of the story quest)
  • JohnBenJohnBen Member Posts: 3
    The 'Quest Disappearance' bug seems to be getting worse, or at least happening in more circumstances. At first it would only happen to me when loading a saved game, but it just happened to me mid-session, after selling some WInter Wolf pelts to the merchant in Naskel. Opened my journal back up (while still in the store), and all of my current quests for the chapter were missing; the only sections left were the ever-present 'Important Events' and the Winter Wolf Pelt quest...
  • StuBearStuBear Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys, just want to bring this up since its starting to annoy me. All the quests that im working on would randomly and completely disapear when i exit then reload the game and certain quests that ive completed would still remain in the pending quests, plz explain?
    Cheers
  • Dark_NeuronDark_Neuron Member Posts: 58
    All my entries except "important events" are missing.
    Only my custom entries remain.

Here is a link to the save:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gnwp2oz9qm4mnz/Saves are broken.rar
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    edited December 2012
    They should be fine. Read the link on this page about it: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13071/read-before-posting-list-of-known-bugs-and-issues/p1

EDIT:
    And since the link on that page doesn't work anymore after forum threads have been merged:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11843/journal-completely-empty-upon-reloading-game
  • Dark_NeuronDark_Neuron Member Posts: 58
    So there isnt a solution currently?
    Pretty serious problem. I can't remember all the places I need to go, where to drop off quests etc.

All my saves are affected btw... :(
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

So there isnt a solution currently?
    Pretty serious problem. I can't remember all the places I need to go, where to drop off quests etc.

All my saves are affected btw... :(

It is not as a serious problem as you think, one worldmap travel restores the entries.
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    Confirmed, issue with me as well.
  • HeyaHeya Member Posts: 55
    Since the latest patch (2012), all the side-quests I've accumulated up to where I am now (Chapter 4, Cloakwood) seem to have disappeared from my journal. I had a fair few going on, Firebeard's book, Dorn's friends just outside Baldur's Gate, some others I can't think of right now before the patch, but all I seem to get now is the main quest in the 'active' and 'done' sections of the journal. Also I can scroll up and down the journal indefinitely from the original position, until the text disappears.

edited January 2013
    It's the same for all chapters, no other quests, and the inifnite scrolling:

Goes all the way down 'til the text appears as well.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    This hapened to me too. Had no problems before updating to patch 6 (of jan 14 2013).
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This was reported in earlier patch as well. The quests didn't vanish, they will reappear as soon as you traveled via worldmap at least once.
    Ah, quite right, they all reappeared when I switched areas.

Thanks for the heads-up.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited February 2013
    The journal screen seems to have a bug that doesn't display all quests/done quests. I was able to get the Journal screen to display all the correct quests after reloading numerous times.

Not showing all quests:

Showing All Quests:

I have zero mods installed and I did a fresh install to ensure it wasn't something on my end.

@Jalily - Would you please help report this? Thank you! :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    This was reported awhile ago, and a fix is on the way. :)

For now, if you want to make the quests reappear, just go through an area transition.
    @Jalily - Thank you. I did try searching...I guess I missed it. Sorry about that.
    edited February 2013
    @Jalily - was the ball on the scrollbar in the journal (quest and done quests) reported as not working? Because it doesn't work...
    edited February 2013
    double post
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes, this is a known issue and in the tracker.