Greetings Fellow Adventurers,
I would like to tell the story of Baldur's Gate with your help.
The story will start where the game starts.
Abdel Adrian (Human,male,Fighter) is assumed to be the mainchar.
(Has become more of a rogue-like fighter atm - is up to you how he developes).Please read the subforum's announcement before joiningRules:
1) Each member may only post up to a few lines per post.
2) No double posts are allowed
3) Important: The content of previous posts must be respected.
The fun of a story like this is not to negate or to block what other members have posted.
But to accept it and build the story upon each new post.
4) The mainplot of the game must be respected. Plots unfold like they do in the game. But you can tell how the party reacts on them.
5) Rules may change if necessary
6) If I disagree with a post because I think it does more harm than good to the story I will state that I do not accept that post as valid and that other players should just ignore it.
7) Out of character lines must be put after an "OOC:" or in [parenthesis].
8) If you feel like someone is derailing/disturbing the story contact me or LadyRhian.
How to avoid the ninja
There has been a lot of ninja'ng going on. That means several people post at once. As they cannot reflect the content of the posts of each other, story consistency (Rule 3) may be broken. In order to prevent that you can do:
0) Bookmark this thread to get notifications when other members have posted.
1) At first you post an empty message, only containing "Reply in progress" or "Posting..."
2) Then check by website-reload if your reservation post has got the correct position at the story
3) Then edit your reservation post, with the actual message
If you see a reservation message of another member, then please wait until s/he has edited that post.
If ninja'ng still happens the following rule applies: "First come, first serve"
For some inspiration on improvisational storytelling you can check out The 10 Rules of Improvisation
A note on Rule 4) We do not have to stick to every minor quest and event literally (Although we can! This is up to you!) One purpose of this story is to get free of the boundaries of the video game in some ways:
- Party banter and a lot of it!
- You do not have to stick to the exact words a character says ingame.
- Party Size should rather be determined by roleplaying than by a strict, arbitrary number
- NPCs and the environment in the game can be pretty passive sometimes: Make them come alive and reactive here!