Skip to content

The Tale of Baldur's Gate - Told by the BG EE Community

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    "You there, stop." one of the red robed figures yells. "Who are you?" Neera asks before answering her own question "You know what I don't even want to know at this point, just leave me and my new friend here alone."
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited December 2012
    The obvious leader of the wizards addresses Abdel: "Would you really throw your life away protecting this girl? She is a wild mage you know..." Abdel looks at her for a second and turns back to the wizard saying: "She does look a little crazy, but what do you want with her?"
    Post edited by Tresset on
    "What I want with her is none of your concern. Step aside now, before I kill you myself." the wizard responds. Though somewhat apathetic towards this woman's plight, Abdel decides that this "Neera" could be a powerful ally.
    With this is mind, Abdel steps toward the wizard and unsheathes his dagger. However, before he can get into striking distance Neera yells "away with you, you pompous creep" and casts some kind of magic. Suddenly a bright flash appears before Abdel 's eyes. The wizard, it now seems, is nowhere to be found.

OOC: Ya, ya, ya its against the rules. I will be posting here every few days to keep the thread alive lol :D

"Ekandor? Where did you go?" asks the only other wizard before turning to the thugs. "Slaughter them all! We will sort this out once we find him!" With that the battle began. Khalid and Abdel rushed the wizard while Neera cast a colorful spell that knocked out the thugs. The battle was soon over with Abdel's group victorious.

OOC: Where is everyone? I support bending the rules to keep this thing alive. Hopefully people will come back after the holidays.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    OOC: I assume everyone was busy for x-mas and new year. Or maybe they just lost interest.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    OOC: I'd love to chip in, but I haven't encountered Neera enough to know her lines yet... Sorry!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    "I am really, really, really, really, really sorry about what just happened. I didn't want to involve you, but if I hadn't run into you when I did, they'd be elbow deep in my brains right now." says the strange crazy girl.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    [ IMO we shouldnt demand exact wording of the NPC dialogoues, we all have a general idea about their personalities and what they would say. An adaption adds to the fun as far as I see it]
    edited January 2013
    "That's alright, I was happy to help." says Abdel. "Really? Most people don't want to be anywhere near me. Perhaps since you don't seem to have this problem you would let me join your group for a while." Neera says. "We would love to have you join us. Welcome aboard!" says Abdel.

OOC: Previous post removed due to feedback. I was kinda thinking it would be a mistake anyway to change things this way. I still think it would be fun to make up some fun wild surges of my own here, just maybe not ones that make such a drastic change to the established plot.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    edited February 2014
    OOC: I was seeing him become something of a thief type character, having you know a buckler and dagger. Ideally if we could not use Neera's Wild Surge to change things we've already established that would be great. Certainly in cases where we are making up Wild Surge effects anyways.
    Post edited by elminster on
    edited January 2013
    After introductions and some brief discussion of the group's current quests, the group heads into the smithy to restock on some supplies. While inside Abdel eyes a very fine looking magical dagger. He decides that this will be his main weapon one day if he can ever afford it...
    edited January 2013
    While Abdel admires the dagger Jaheira goes over to him. "You don't know what a wild mage is do you Abdel?" She asks in a low tone so no one else can hear her. "Err, that actually means something? Is it bad?" Abdel asks. Jaheira shrugs. "Not necessarily. But you should know its meaning. Ask Neera about it some time."

OOC: I do hope people come back soon...
    "Thanks, I will," Abdel said, glancing meditatively at Neera nefore looking longingly at the Dagger once more. After the party is done buying supplies, they head for the Spider-infested house. With Neera's spells to back them up, surely they will not have any problems dispatching the beasts...
    The group enters Landrin's house. 4 huge spiders start attacking them. Eager to prove her worth to the group, Neera shouts: "I got this one!" and starts casting a spell. Suddenly a blast of fire covers the room killing all the spiders and severely wounding the rest of the group.

OOC: This was actually what happened when I went there in my first EE playthrough. Lucily everyone survived (somehow).
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Knocked to the floor from the blast, disoriented and aching all over, Abdel and the rest of the group slowly rose to their feet again and simultaneously turned to glare at Neera.
    "Um..*cough*.. sorry about that. Maybe you should know that I, um, am not always in full control of my magic... Is everyone alright?"
    Abdel looks around "Barely, I am scorched all over". Jaheira starts casting healing spells. "See if you can find them some old boots and wine in here, Neera, since you are not as badly bruised".
    "I'l do it!" Imoen calls and jumps forth to handle the locks on the chests. "Got 'em, Ab! Let's find an inn for the night, shall we? I'm exhausted."
    OOC: I summon you all! Let's keep writing guys! @LadyRhian @Aristillius @Tresset @elminster @MERLANCE @Avenger_teambg
    edited February 2013
    The party readily agrees, and hurries out into beregost looking for a nice establishment. Kahlid points towards the "Jovial Juggler", "here seems like a good spot".
    Post edited by Aristillius on
    Imoen, meanwhile, is checking out Feldepost's Inn. "Wow, look at this place! All the people I could liberate stuff fr... I mean, this place is really nice. Let's stay here!"
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    A man growls at her, what are you doing here, fancy pants? Leave or i beat the living stuff out of you!
    edited February 2013
    "Ehe! You tell'em Marl" Another drunkard shouts from across the room. But before the party have a chance to respond, the first man has stumbled across the room and grabbed a hold of Abdel's tunic. "Hey, I told you to GET MOVIN' DIDN'T I?! Ain't no place for you troublemakers here" he hisses.

*Edit OOC* I assume that they entered the inn and it was Marl shouting in the previous post. ;)
    Post edited by Fina92 on
    OOC: Come on now you guys... Don't leave me hangin'! @Avenger_teambg @LadyRhian @TResset @Aristillius @elminster
    "No need to get bent out of shape," Abdel says. "There's plenty of bar for us all." When Marl responds with more blustering, this time about adventurers, Abdel says, "I just do what I think is right. We solve a lot more trouble than we cause, well, nearly anyway. Heh heh."
    The comments seem to make the man even more angry for some reason. Jaheira steps between Abdel and Marl, "now quite down, no reason to make a fight here". If it due to the scimitiar hanging from Jaheira's belt or her icy look the man quiets down, "what do you have against adventurers anyway?" she says.
    After further ranting on the bad behaviour of adventurers, Marl snaps that somebody should be punished for inspiring "somebody's son" to think it's all a game and end up getting killed. In a sudden flash of insight, Abdel sees the real grief of this drunkard who apperently just lost his son, "Hold on!" he urges, "Surely you are aware that all must go their own paths, and we cannot be held accountable for the great misfortune that fell upon your son!"
    "He was a good boy 'til your kind came through town!" Marl insists. "Filled his head with nonsense they did and because of it, he's dead! Now why shouldn't I take THAT out of your hide?"

Filled with compassion for a father that had lost his son, just as he had recently lost his own foster father, Abdel says, quietly, "If you knew him like you think, then ask yourself if he wouldn't have gone anyway." His voice goes a little quieter as he thinks through his own reasons for being on the road. "It's a calling your born with. Nobody gives it to you."
    "Tain't true!" Marl bellows "He was going to take over the farm and settle down! He never wanted to adventure! He was..."
    "Nay, Marl" the other man says quietly. "Your son indeed was adventurer born. Don't you recall when he cleared out the kobolds lurking around Ulgoth's Beard? A firebrand he was, and a bloody good lad too."
    OOC: Wow this dialogue goes on forever! :P