Skip to content

How do your rate that developer's work until now ?

2»

Comments

• KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2012
    As player...
    Compatibility problem with an french azerty keyboard.
    Unlike BG1, there is no voice in french.
    TOSC was a great add-on for BG1, TBP is... a diablo-like.
    Still many bugs that need to be fixed.

As modder...
    BGEE has the same limitations than the BG2 engine.
    Several great features of TobEx are not available.
    Problem with the french characters (coding utf-8).
    Poor compatibility with the editors.

Maybe one day BGEE will be a true "enhanced edition", but currently I went back on BGT/1PP/TobEx/etc...
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Kerozevok said:

As player...
    Compatibility problem with an french azerty keyboard.
    Unlike BG1, there is no voice in french.
    TOSC was a great add-on for BG1, TBP is... a diablo-like.
    Still many bugs that need to be fixed.

As modder...
    BGEE has the same limitations than the BG2 engine.
    Several great features of TobEx are not available.
    Problem with the french characters (coding utf-8).
    Poor compatibility with the editors.

Maybe one day BGEE will be a true "enhanced edition", but currently I went back on BGT/1PP/TobEx/etc...

It looks like Overhaul Games need more time to polish Baldur's Gate enhanced edition , i only worry how well they can do , how many percetage will be done , bless developers can meet their promise , all of BG-fans (include developers) will be pround of this miracle.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Shandyr said:

@darrenkuo

I think I might have preferred this poll as anonymous.

@Shandyr , if you think anonymous can let the poll result reach the actual status more closely , just go ahead ,
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Darkcloud said:

The worst bugs have been fixed and there are still quite some more bugs from the original left compared to TUTU or BGT. The main thing that disappoints me a bit is, that the better mod compatibility doesn't seem to be all that true because there is still way to much stuff hardcoded.

No, they haven't I just ran into a huge bug that would have forced me to boot a party member I had had with me the whole game at a very late stage. Luckily I managed to fix it myself with globals editing but that is not something you should need to do have to do, nor can many players do it anyway.

I voted 6 but that is using the full scale, not a video game review score where it's really just 6-10 or 7-10 scale. I appreciate many of the things and already think that this game is improvement in many ways, but this game is simply way too buggy still. I think they have done good job patching but as it is 6 is a fair score in my opinion.