Skip to content

Karuog is gone

dusthawkdusthawk Member Posts: 1
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I'm on the werewolf island, and I'm pretty sure I'm stuck there because Karoug has disappeared. I was on the second level from the top of the ship and I was going up and downstairs with a single character to try to pull the wolfweres one at a time. I eventually cleared the room of the regular ones, then went up to try to get Karoug, but he was no longer there at all. I currently cannot complete the main quest on the island, and can't leave it.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    Something similar happened in my playthrough. I killed all the other enemies on that level, but the reload bug made his regeneration too powerful (I'm assuming that's what caused it), and for some reason he would only take damage from +4 weapons (I think it was +3 in the original, but I could be wrong). My spells were mostly depleted, so I ran out to rest, and came back to find the room empty. I double checked every level, but he was nowhere to be found.

Fortunately, the bug didn't prevent me from handing in the quest and continuing the story, so maybe your save is not completely ruined.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @dusthawk

Just go force kill the leader of the village and it will move the quest along and let you leave.

Not ideal but it will get you through this play through.
  • sersafirsersafir Member Posts: 126
    Sorry to necro the thread, but thought I'd add a temporary solution to this problem.

This just happened to me. I was trapped on the Island, no change in dialogue options.

I did not want to touch the console, but made an exception twice.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("karoug")

I later found another issue with why I had to run. He is invincible. I sadly used CTRL+Y on him.
  • lennyplennyp Member Posts: 1
    I've cleared out the ship on the northern Island and was only left with the infamous Karoug. Having lost him while chasing up and down stairs, and saving, I now can't find him - any tips? I've checked the entire north island and used the hiatus to complete most of the side quests, but need to kill this Greater Wolfwere to progress. How do I find him?
  • NyxlNyxl Member Posts: 34
    Try loitering a few seconds by the last entry point where you lost him, on each side. I experienced a similar phenomenon a few times, in different places, where the enemies chase you from one area to the next, then seem to be stuck in the twilight zone for some time, to reappear when you least expect them.

Oh, and don't forget to set your automatic pause on 'enemy sighted'. It could save you some trouble if it works.
  • lennyplennyp Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, tried that and nothing. This bug reminds me of the missing spawn bug in another thread.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Good point, @lennyp, it does sound a little similar. Probably not, but worth asking. So ...

Summon @Avenger_teambg: further to your response in the "missing respawn" thread, is it possible that the change was implemented in such a way that, if the player saves in sight of where Karoug is about to appear on a different level of the ship, then a one-time-only enemy like Karoug could been flagged never to reappear at all? (I could imagine ways of coding to prevent the problem you discussed in the other thread which would have an unintended permanent-removal effect on a unique enemy, and that's a real game-breaker if it leaves a player permanently stranded on the island!)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The missing spawn bug only affects random spawns.
  • that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    The same thing has happened to me. I lost him running up and down the stairs and have searched all over for him and cannot find him. I even had my people hang out on various levels of the ship to wait for him to appear and nothing happened. Any ideas what is going on or how to fix it?????
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Enable the CLUA commands in this way:

- C:\User\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    - open up the baldur.ini with a text editor (Notepad for example)
    - Just after "INSERT INTO options ROWS (" add this: 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Once in game hit Ctrl+Spacebar and type " CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("karoug") ", it will spawn him.
  • JothayJothay Member Posts: 11
    When I was fighting Kourag I saw my demise as imminent so I ran away.
    1. I went down the stairs
    2. He followed
    3. I went down the stairs again
    4. He popped up just as I was heading down one more time
    5. He did not follow after that
    6. I left the wreck to rest up and try again
    7. Quick Save
    8. Rest
    9. Cast protection spells
    10. Enter Wreck
    11. Went up all the flights of stairs
    12. No Kourag.....

I can't find him anywhere and I don't have credit for killing him or his loot/xp. My only other save (I normally just do QS and AS) is from 80 game days earlier before I did Durlag's tower, 2 levels lower.

Is there a global variable i can edit in with EE Keeper to make him spawn again, or give me credit for it (I'd like to actually do his encounter again, makes me feel more legitimate).

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Gee, this guy is like a bug magnet or something...

Anyway if you have the CLUAConsole enabled then you can create him by typing in the following (case sensitive):

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("WOLFWEGR")

Kill that and you will be able to continue with the game.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Thread merged. This bug has already been reported.
    Can someone attached a savegame before having this issue, please? Pretty please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    That would be helpful, even if it is not certain that you will experience this bug for sure. It is random.
    Thanks in advance!
    edited April 2013
    1.png 678K
    2.png 762.2K
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @Samus
    Thanks for the thought, but I need a savegame where the mentioned issue happens. You were lucky :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Are any of your other characters carrying anything with 65 charges?