Skip to content

What does "Non-Detection" really do?

2»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited December 2012
    Now I'm confused... Ugh. I hate that spell.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited December 2012
    @ZanathKariashi I just did a bunch of painful testing... I found that taking off the cloak in front of the aforementioned enemy thief did not change the fact that he could not dispel stealth or staff of magi invisibility. I then tested Jan's DI by sending him to the twisted rune to meet that one mage that has the staff of the magi (he had a duplicate staff and the cloak to simplify the test). He was unable to reveal her... My best guess is that the thief DI DOES bypass non-detection but also FAILS to dispel specific sources of invisibility. I GIVE UP!!! Too many variables to test! @ everyone else I think the main message we should take home about non detection is that it works sometimes but usually fails, be it cloak or spell or whatever...

If I had my way though It would just plain and simple block ALL illusion dispelling attempts no matter the source. Or maybe it would be better if it just didn't exist. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go find my sanity...
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    IIRC (and I may not), the Cloak of Detection actually becomes useful in BGT or Tutu with SCS installed.