Skip to content

What do you wish to see in DLCs to come?

2»

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I'd like to a see a number of features implemented, some of which would carry over to BGII:EE

- Subraces ala IWD2. Yeah, so this would mean 80% of people end up playing Drow or Tieflings, but it's largely a single-player game so I don't really think that matters. It would be nice for RP'ers.
    - An add-in expansion like TotSC, with extra areas and quests, items, etc. I enjoy the feel of exploration and adventure in BG1, and I think adding more content that enhances that is good, especially since they are unable to add to the plot.
    - An easier to mod/able to be modded iPad version. I now have my overwritten portraits, but it would be nice to get a proper override system working, at the very least.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2013
    didn't I already post here? anyway

-) high-level encounters (xp can be set back to the default in bg2 justified by the torture)
    -) incorporate npc project mod already!!! or newly written banter/romances with the original npcs
    -) quests that send you around the map so there is a reason to return to previously visited areas/towns. make the game denser, like bg2 is

and
    -) certainly NO different point of view sidestories. play da:o if you want that stuff
  • MadmartiganMadmartigan Member Posts: 18
    First of all, I've finished BGEE twice now and I really liked it (was great to play BG again after all those years).
    What I especially liked from the new content were the black pits and Neera. Didn't like Rasaad or Dorn and I really, really disliked the new portrait pack. If you see the portrait pack was the biggest disappointment for me, you can say Beamdog did a great job! ;-)
    For new DLC I would however love to see another separate challenge like the black pits and new kits or rebalancing of existing kits.
    It also would be great if they could add a few items only useable by one specific kit, especially for the less popular kits, for example armor only useable by a wizard slayer; would be even more fun to try certain kits that way.
    Last but nog least, adding another item like Lilarcor or a few more swords with fire or cold effects would be nice.
    For BG2:EE, adding a few more helmet styles would be great (In BG2 I don't like the style of the helmet of Balduran so I never use it, same for the cloak of mirroring from the moment they changed it from a blue circle below the feets of your character to an annoying disco ball floating around him).
  • MadmartiganMadmartigan Member Posts: 18
    Oh yes, and new spells too! :-)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Now that we have a Wild Mage NPC it would be nice to see other useful Wild Mage spells, such as Hornung's Surge Select or Wildstrike being implemented in game.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330

I'd like a "vanilla mode" DLC, which features a UI similar to the old one, has the old animations and cinematics and removes all the stuff that was introduced in BG2 (such as split-up weapon proficiencies, kits, new spells such as the problematic "Find Familiar", new equipment and maybe even the new characters).

While I like BG:EE, it feels less like vanilla BG and more like "Baldur's Gate: Baldur's Gate 2 Edition". I understand that this was a way to pull the whole project off, and most likely the easiest. Still, I'd love it if there was an option to actually go "back to the roots", for those who just want to try the original. While the bugfixes and technical enhancements such as higher resolution should of course stay in such a version, the original just had a certain atmosphere that I feel BG:EE can't replicate at the moment.

I'd even suggest Beamdog go ahead and just put something like this in as added options for the game, but I understand that the changes are probably nothing that you can just knock out. That's why I would be okay with paying a little money for the possibility to re-play the actual Baldur's Gate, and not the Shadows of Amn crossover version.

Why don't you just buy BG1 then..

I don't understand why you would want the developers to reverse all the changes they made.. The whole point of BG:EE are the improvements from the BG2 engine.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    DLC 1: A bunch of classes and kits! One can't ever get enough of experimenting class combinations. More importantly, have an archmage class! How about Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep (related to DLC 3)?

DLC 2: Spell or ability pack from other games, like Dragon Age or Warcraft. Flicker would be really cool! Imbalanced as it might be. Since they're someone else's property, I doubt that would be possible. So I guess as long as there are hundreds if not thousands of spells to be added then it's a thumbs up for me.

DLC 3: Metamagic: Quicken spell! Empower spell! Maximize spell! Extend spell! Persistent spell! Widen spell! Heighten spell!

DLC 4: Sprites improvement!

DLC 5: Black pits continuation!

• n2nwn2nw Member Posts: 8
    mlnevese said:

@Xavioria It's being worked on and the new beta of Weidu may help it come sooner than expected.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9744/the-bg-npc-project

Well, that makes me happy! LOVED the npc project!!
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I just thought of something else I would LOVE:

A halfling Bard
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Icewind Dale
    Planescape: Torment
    BG3
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @PinkRose
    I think you posted in the wrong thread. :-)

DLC 6: I'd like to see Larloch and test the might of CHARNAME against him!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to see a whole lot of new banters and interjections that are voiced. I don't care if there are 'friendship paths' even, or romances. Just more dialogue between the NPCs. When you see those little nuggets appear in the vanilla game they give it so much life and character.