Skip to content

If you were holding your breath for the Android release... stop.

Comments

• FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    Unfortunately I don't live in Canada... otherwise... :(
  • tomty89tomty89 Member Posts: 47
    edited January 2013
    I think location might not be a problem. All the translation teams need to sign that too. Yet there could be many other considerations or obstacles.

How I wish IE have been released as open source (under GPL) :P
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    The sound of the cricket’s chirping in the Android section of this forum is driving me nuts!!!
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    There's nothing we can do now, but wait...
    It's quite lively here at times. But we've used up most topics and are just waiting for the devs to finish the Android release, so we have something else to talk about...
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeah. I want to discuss android + BGEE, but it ultimately comes down to 'wait and see'... We were bigger than the Ipad forum right before the release, will be interesting to see if we get bigger again =)

Though of course, some of the touch-specific bugs will probably be remedied by the time Android releases, perhaps giving less complain posts.
    @Southpaw and @Aristillius,

Ya I know... I'm groaning. Indeed I am grateful that BG:EE is coming to Android - I just want to get the adventure started!!!
    Yeah... So...

What party are you guys gonna roll with? =)
    edited January 2013
    @Aristillius

Thinking about running with an evil party... to check out the new Dorn character. Would have liked a Chaotic Evil Ranger type but 2.5 won't allow that. Blackgaurd maybe.

Yourself?
    @etotheo

Yeah, Blackguard seems really interesting!
    I would like to have one evil guy in the group, Dorn or Montaron for instance, makes for a fun group. But I like to play good, and find it annoying to manage reputation.

I will probably go with Alora, Kivan, Xan and Yeslick (have to try dwarves after watching the Hobbit), dont know about the last member and what to play, considering Skald or Stalker perhaps?
    Good off-topic.
    I like warriors and thieves and in old times I used to play several parallel sessions with several characters, with different play styles and party composition. (My favorites were kensai, swashbuckler, assassin and barbarian or monk) I also like straight classes more and don't like multi or dualclassing that much. It's a bit cheesy.
    Because I can't keep re-rolling new and new characters, I will probably play an assasin, Kensai dual classed to mage at lvl 7 and maybe a straight fighter like a berserker or barbarian (fighter powerhouse).
    Usually lawful evil or neutral, with party consisting of mix of good and evil characters (Minsc, Kagain, Imoen, Viconia, Kivan and Edwin) I'll definetely try Dorn and Neera.

@etotheo
    dont know about the last member and what to play, considering Skald or Stalker perhaps?

My 2 cents - to be honest a bard is a secondary class in terms of power.
    Also - stalker isn't bad, but actually a fighter/thief multiclass or dualclass is much better at what he does, without the pesky limitation of being good and wearing light armor.
  • nonameroninnonameronin Member Posts: 3
    I'm going to try to get all of the new characters together in my first play through all long as that's possible (its been awhile since I played the original and I vaguely remember good and evil characters sometimes won't stay in the same group).
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I have been playing the PC version and you can have all the new character at the same time, they made it so they will complain about your alignment if it does not match theirs, but they will not leave.
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    I'm near the end of my first go through on the PC. I'm hoping my next play through will be on android. It will be nice to play during my commute to work.

I'm planning to play a Cleric/Thief Half-Orc for the next go. I hope to keep Rasaad, Neera, and Dorn together, Perhaps hacking in a helm of opposite alignment for Dorn if needed. For the other 2 spots rotate in different people at different times.
    Southpaw said:

@etotheo
    dont know about the last member and what to play, considering Skald or Stalker perhaps?

My 2 cents - to be honest a bard is a secondary class in terms of power.
    Also - stalker isn't bad, but actually a fighter/thief multiclass or dualclass is much better at what he does, without the pesky limitation of being good and wearing light armor.
    Yeah, I agree about the Skald's lack of power. Though I think it would be fun for a while - I like charname to be a force to be reckoned with eventually. I usually play fighter/mage multiclass for this reason. Maybe I will try fighter/thief, hmm.

Also, I wonder if the touch screen playing will impact what classes I enjoy most? Perhaps fighter-types because you micro-manage less? At the same time I love deliberating over the Tablet when playing games - even more than over the PC screen, so a tactical type, like thief or sorcerer might be even more fun =)

Trent tweeted :
    The #BGEE #Android build is going to be the end of the month at the earliest. We are rebuilding the file access to work with .APK

conflicting previous tweet saying that the .apk file access will take cca a week. As their messages go, count with middle-end of February. A long breath-holding.
  • nonameroninnonameronin Member Posts: 3
    Chet said:

I'm planning to play a Cleric/Thief Half-Orc for the next go. I hope to keep Rasaad, Neera, and Dorn together, Perhaps hacking in a helm of opposite alignment for Dorn if needed. For the other 2 spots rotate in different people at different times.

Don't forget about !spoiler! http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14543/spoilers-the-stuff#latest !spoiler! (though I don't get why that should be kept secret, seems like something you'd want people to know about so they can look for it)
    @nonameronin I'm aware of that but I have not run into "the stuff" yet.

I'm planning Cleric/Thief so that I can vary the rest of the group with out having to keep a Cleric or Thief NPC. I want to keep a small core group but also give any other join-able NPC a chance to join, one or 2 rotating spots in the group should add some fun.

Every other time I had played I had Imoen in my group, so I plan to shun her for my next go through. I played a quick go through of the original BG when BG2 first came out, just to get a feel of the original story, and I deliberately grouped with the NPCs that start in BG2. I'm enjoying BGEE more now that I'm taking it slow and following more of the side quests.

It looks like Android will be delayed a bit more, but hopefully mid-Feb will give us a nice stable build.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    The #BGEE #Android build is going to be the end of the month at the earliest. We are rebuilding the file access to work with .APK

via TrentOster
    Let's see if BGEE can beat Blackberry 10 then :P
    My android's getting antsy. If we be adventurers, let us adventure!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Drop everything.

I'm just about to pick up my first tablet this evening (Nexus 7). Obviously this means Beamdog need to release this version THIS VERY MOMENT!

Carry on.
  • kalyskalys Member Posts: 4
    anyone else check these forums everyday on the hope that they suddenly announce it is available for android?
    (i know they said end of month at earliest but i am optimistic)
  • FrebuFrebu Member Posts: 14
    kalys said:

anyone else check these forums everyday on the hope that they suddenly announce it is available for android?

I doubt it will be out by February 1st, which is ok with me. I am just waiting for updates. I would rather they firmly fix the issues they know about before the release, because its out the gate they have to fix all the mega bugs that mass is bound to dig up.
    edited January 2013
    kalys said:

Google Play Store would be a better place to check.
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    kalys said:

Yes, I do :)
    Fungostar said:

kalys said:

Yes, I do :)
    Same here...
    kalys said:

same here. I even look at twitter.com/TrentOster almost daily. and I don't even have a Twitter.
    ...and I'm also curious how far we will manage to keep Cobbweb's thread "Patiently Pending Purchase" running. (At which letter are we going to hit a dead end ?)
  • FrebuFrebu Member Posts: 14
    Southpaw said:

kalys said:

same here. I even look at twitter.com/TrentOster almost daily. and I don't even have a Twitter.
    To bad all he talks about is the ipad