to easy to max out the main skills you need in the game
    Play a duel class or multi class Thief/mage
    Since Baldur's Gate play mechanics are based on DnD rules
    are there are already armor penalties in the game
    leather and other armors should received penallties also
    I agree with you
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    bengoshi said:

Does anybody know if in the latest version wearing Leather and Studded leather lead to any penalties to the thieving skills? Also, does The Shadow Armor inflict any penalties as it's made of leather.

None of these penalize thieving skills.
    bengoshi said:

BTW I didn't know that all this is not implemented and have never put any armor on a thief. Can any penalty from wearing an armor be seen in the character screen?

You'll see a difference in scores when you equip and unequip the armor, and the ones that have modifiers should list them in the descriptions. If they're not listed, tell me. :)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2013
    bengoshi said:

Does anybody know if in the latest version wearing Leather and Studded leather lead to any penalties to the thieving skills? Also, does The Shadow Armor inflict any penalties as it's made of leather.

BTW I didn't know that all this is not implemented and have never put any armor on a thief. Can any penalty from wearing an armor be seen in the character screen?

1) Not as far as I can tell, for Shadow armour or otherwise.

2) The thieving penalties from elven chain show up in the character record (and are also listed in the item description), which makes me think that if you don't see any penalties show up when you equip some armour, that armour doesn't have any penalties associated with it (which is what I'm basing what I said in my first point on).
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    Well, it's great that there're less and less hidden things in the game that are hidden from the players! I used to think that these modifiers exist inspite of no signs of it. It's so good to see everything in descriptions.

I like that now we see not only AC but also AC against slashing/piercing/crushing/missle weapons. It's very valuable feature.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.