Skip to content

Jaheira Romance is too long!

I mean, of course it's supposed to take longer , she is a recent widow after all, and it depends on the completion of certain quests and encounters , but... I get the feeling that it might just not happen!

What's your opinion about romancing jaheira, or if you have any other issue with romances (game-wise , I guess), please share!

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    it is too long.
    There was a mod that sped it up or you can do the ol' pause the game for an hour and come back to her giving you another couple of lines as it is based on rt play and not game time.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Well, it's possible to trigger the romance dialogues, but there are about SEVEN encounters that happen while you romance her, and ya can't keep talking to her before some of them.
    That's why I rarely romance her - but I do enjoy most of her dialogues! They're more like friendship dialogues to me.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    And a big part of that is because of how many lovetalks she has, rather than how long the timer is set. It's one of the reasons why hers is my favorite romance path, but it also means that I spend a lot of time altering the lovetalk timer manually just to speed things up.
    What about the encounters, @Aosaw ? Do you know how to trigger them?
    I usually look up where/when they happen in online guides, and then just go to the location where they occur. Some of them have timers, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Some encounters need to be triggered via resting in wilderness etc. And you need to do Harper plot in docks too. It takes long but pays off well with huge xp reward and nice magical items. ^^
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    DJKajuru said:

What about the encounters, @Aosaw ? Do you know how to trigger them?

There is one in the docks district if you speak to a merchant, and another where she gets kidnapped in the druid grove which is a mandatory part of her romance
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    But she's worth the wait!
    Oh, definitely. I like her romance so much that I'm willing to suffer through her temper in BG1, in fact.

I just wish the wait weren't quite so long between lovetalks.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Aosaw. Must be love.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Aosaw said:

And a big part of that is because of how many lovetalks she has, rather than how long the timer is set. It's one of the reasons why hers is my favorite romance path, but it also means that I spend a lot of time altering the lovetalk timer manually just to speed things up.

I was going to post this, but Aosaw already did :-)

I do exactly the same. I'm fine with the number of lovetalks (actually I woudn't mind if they were even more), but I prefer to speed them up with NearInfinity.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

IMO, Jaheira is a character that should never have been romancable in SoA at ALL given the recentness of her husbands expiration and her supposed relationship with CHARNAME.

I was just thinking this exact thing last night, actually. I think it's weird that it is possible at all.
    Even before she decides to romance you, Jaheira acts as a true friend during the saga. Specially because she gets along with both good and neutral characters =D
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    It's worth the wait! The most satisfying romance by far, probably the best voice acting, too. Too reduce the game time used you can do the "pause" trick and get the romance done during early Chapter 3. Pause trick is: press pause (e.g. space bar) - game time stops but the romance clock keeps ticking.

For help see here: FWIW, I wrote a detailed Baldur's Gate 2 Jaheira Romance walkthrough, it's on pages 5 - 21 here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/101285744/Baldur-s-Gate-2-Walkthrough-for-SoA-ToB-Cleric-Ranger-with-Anomen

Cheers
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    I think Jaheira's romance is probably my favorite of the lot. I wasn't too hot on Jaheira in BG1, and not only did they make her way more human, but they added in some fantastic sub-quests both big and small that really made it feel like part of the story and not some pre-teen kissy-kissy just slapped in. I expect this kind of quality for the new NPC's as they advance into BG2.

It should also be said, most of my 'nature' classes I've played are directly because of this so we mesh as the renegade Harper/Forest Outlaw couple.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    That's one of the reasons I use a banter acceleration mod, setting the intervals to 20 minutes instead of the 1 hour standard.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I really did not like the Jaheira romance as much as the Viconia or the Aerie romance
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Recently finished the saga for the first time and her romance was fantastic, but confusing with the encounters. I thought something was wrong until I got the bandits. Well worth the wait.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    mlnevese said:

That's one of the reasons I use a banter acceleration mod, setting the intervals to 20 minutes instead of the 1 hour standard.

Yes, the banter acceleration mod is more or less a must as soon as you start to find your way around with ease. It's included in the Kelsey NPC mod and, I think, in others made by J Compton. Is it also free-standing?

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    While Jaheira's a bad romance, it's still a better lovestory than Twilight.
  • HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    swnmcmlxi said:

mlnevese said:

Yes, the banter acceleration mod is more or less a must as soon as you start to find your way around with ease. It's included in the Kelsey NPC mod and, I think, in others made by J Compton. Is it also free-standing?

There are some mods that offer banter acceleration. Bg1NPCs is one.
  • BlackBrilliantBlackBrilliant Member Posts: 11
    What always freaked me out about Jaheira's romance is that she's like, what, a recent widow, and from BG1 being good friends with Gorion always gave me the impression that she and Khalid were in their late 30s/early 40s. And in BG1 it's established that CHARNAME is in their very early 20s.

So Jaheira should be able to shapeshift into a cougar, cuz that's what she is.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

What always freaked me out about Jaheira's romance is that she's like, what, a recent widow, and from BG1 being good friends with Gorion always gave me the impression that she and Khalid were in their late 30s/early 40s. And in BG1 it's established that CHARNAME is in their very early 20s.

So Jaheira should be able to shapeshift into a cougar, cuz that's what she is.

I think they're both half-elves (which I think live a lot longer than humans?), so she could potentially be way older.