Skip to content

****** SPOILERS ********* "The Stuff"

Comments

• pakbgeepakbgee Member Posts: 31
    using ShadowKeeper and i dont even see him in the list of NPC not in party... am i bugged? please help
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    You have to be at least level 5, which I'm assuming by chapter 6 you are, but did this game exist prior to the patch? And had you already visited Larswood?

Make a new game and use shadowkeeper or the console to set you to level 5, and walk over to the small stone tower in Larswood and see if that will trigger it.
    my party is all at least level 7
    starting a new game, cheat to level 5 and headed straight to larswood i WAS able to get him to spawn

.... how to fix this? any command line work around etc?

He is AWESOME, i cannot wait until the next patch
    @pakbgee

Try this
    Cerevant said:

To all seeing problems with Baeloth showing up:

Is your main character Level 5 or higher in at least one class?

If it is not, the cut scene will not happen.
    If it is, try the following:
    Enable Debug Mode
    If you aren't already there, go to Larswood
    Move near the location 1873,3035 (Press "Ctrl-X" to find out your current location)
    If you don't see the cutscene at this point, do the following:
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BA_START_SCENE","AR2900"), then Enter
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BAINVI", "GLOBAL"), then Enter

Tell us what values you are seeing for these two variables. Post a save game if you can.

To see if you can force the scene, do the following:
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BA_START_SCENE","AR2900",0) then Enter
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BAINVI", "GLOBAL",0) then Enter

and let us know how it works out!

(Edit: clarified for multiclass)

• MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    pakbgee - Someone posted a method to get this to work on page 4. I used this method without problems.
    Cerevant said:

To all seeing problems with Baeloth showing up:

Is your main character Level 5 or higher in at least one class?

If it is not, the cut scene will not happen.
    If it is, try the following:
    Enable Debug Mode
    If you aren't already there, go to Larswood
    Move near the location 1873,3035 (Press "Ctrl-X" to find out your current location)
    If you don't see the cutscene at this point, do the following:
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BA_START_SCENE","AR2900"), then Enter
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BAINVI", "GLOBAL"), then Enter

Tell us what values you are seeing for these two variables. Post a save game if you can.

To see if you can force the scene, do the following:
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BA_START_SCENE","AR2900",0) then Enter
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BAINVI", "GLOBAL",0) then Enter

and let us know how it works out!

(Edit: clarified for multiclass)

• hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2013
    A theoretical question:
    What if you start a completely new game with the newest patch and reach Larswood before character level 5.
    Will you then be unable to recruit him for the rest of the game because you already have visited this map?
    @hansolo

No. I went there at level 1. Stood by the tower. No spawn. While standing there I used the console to level up to level 5, and the second I left the character screen the cut scene happened that spawned him.
    do I use Ctrl-SPace or ctrl-M for opening the console?
    I edited the ini file (double checked it is saved)

restarted the game, press ctrl-space nothing happend
    pressed ctrl-m, got this little text area, im assuming this is not the console window since none of the console command works
    Ok, solved the CTRL-space problem, ended up its a system hotkey for a IME program which i needed to disable.
    Anyhow, now i was able to set the global variable successfully (and used the get command the check the variable had been set correct)

HOWEVER, when i ran to little tower, bunch of gibberlings spawns, every single time, and he still wont show up!!!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You also need to be out of combat.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I'm both disappointed and thrilled! I'm disappointed because I spoiled myself...I would have liked to be surprised by something as awesome as that.:D one of these days, I'll find time to actually play the game. I'm looking forward into seeing that eccentric lunatic.
    Jalily said:

that doesn't seem to be possible since the damn gibberlings and wolves spawn in the tower area everytime i walk close.

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    For clarification: there is nothing in the scripts that spawn Baeloth that should force you to a) start the game over or b) be level 5 the first time you go to Larswood. If you are level 5 and he doesn't spawn, please check the globals I mentioned and let us know!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013
    pakbgee said:

Jalily said:

that doesn't seem to be possible since the damn gibberlings and wolves spawn in the tower area everytime i walk close.
    If you keep at least one party member close to the spawning point, they will not respawn. They only do when you move away and come back.

Edit: This will not prevent Baeloth from spawning though.
    ok, doubled checked the two variables has been set correctly.
    I dropped some of my party members (so the gibberlings dont always spawn)
    i also lowered my reputation to 10
    i tried everything, going to other area, sleep then come back (and checked variables make sure they are still 0 as i set them to be)
    no nothing
    Note: i know exactly where he spawn since I got him to spawn by starting a new game with a level 5 char.

And again, my party is level 7 or higher. consist of me, Dorn, Neera, Edwin, Coran, and Viconia
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    It's a pity that Baeloth works only for english versions.... You should really fix that devs.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Jalily said:

Actually, this wasn't true for me - Baeloth's appearance happened in the middle of combat, causing my entire party to freeze. Halfway through his opening speech, they killed my PC and I had to restart.
    anyway to spawn the NPC directly?
    @pakbgee - what were the values of the globals when you did GetGlobal? Can you post your save game to Dropbox or GDrive so we can take a look?

You can bypass the scripts and summon him by entering the command:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BAELOTH")
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    What's his story by the way? Is it pre-Black Pits? Or post? Hopefully the latter...it wouldn't fit in if I were to have him in BG-2 as well. He should be in my party at level 15-ish, what's he doing spending months organizing an arena...and he even gets killed.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    His biography makes it clear that its post-Black Pits. Apparently losing much of his powers or something like that.

On this subject, Baeloth's bio is inconsistent with the formats of other bios. Doesn't have the "Asked about his past" or the Caps Lock name.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    That's kinda cool that the Baeloth NPC makes the Black Pits technically the prequel to Baldur's Gate.
    Cerevant said:

@pakbgee - what were the values of the globals when you did GetGlobal? Can you post your save game to Dropbox or GDrive so we can take a look?

You can bypass the scripts and summon him by entering the command:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BAELOTH")

thanks! this worked at least :)

• FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    He didn't spawn when I went there as a level 5/6 mage in chapter 5 having never been to Larswood. I always wondered about that tower though when I played the game before.
    Here's a quick fix. Just unzip & drop it in your override folder. I'll submit this for inclusion in the next update.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    fredamora said:

I'm both disappointed and thrilled! I'm disappointed because I spoiled myself...I would have liked to be surprised by something as awesome as that.:D one of these days, I'll find time to actually play the game. I'm looking forward into seeing that eccentric lunatic.

Excentric *EVIL* lunatic ;-)

There are axcentric lunatics that are not evil, fortunately, for god's sake. :-)
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I got him. I was a level 5 bounty hunter at the time with Dorn and Edwin in the party and it was chapter 2. By the way, thanks for the trap nerfs. We really needed that. It would also be more sensable if the HLA traps were only available to thieves and actually used the set traps skill.
    The problem, for those interested, was part of the area script that handles things after the Bandit quest was exiting rather than letting the Baeloth spawn happen.

So you only need the patch if you are trying to get him to spawn after dealing with the bandits
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Does anyone know if he is affected/leaves due to high rep? I thought someone mentioned this*might* Id love to have a evil npc in my party for rp reasons...