Skip to content

O

StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
O
Post edited by StrayedMonkey on

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I wish to complain about the length of your post.

Also WANTS are different from COMPLAINTS. ;)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Also, Is it just me or does anyone else not care one bit about my party members alignments? or "maintaining" a reputation to align with a "good" party vs an "evil" party. I personally could care less about any of the NPCs alignments. Good or evil, some characters are too good not have. And Higher reputation = cheaper stuff. Why would anyone not want a higher reputation?

I'll answer this question. Besides RP reasons there are certain NPCs that do not show up in the game unless you have a low rep.
    There is also that extra challenge or actually having to pay more for certain items.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited January 2013
    Elven Chain is hardly a powerful magical item... Its only useful to bards really, since the Robes of the Archmagi are better..

edit:
    Particularly when the Elven Chain comes AFTER you can find Robes of the Evil Archmagi... And after you already have plenty of gold to buy the neutral or good robes. So, having it not drop until so late into the game makes it absolutely worthless.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Strayedmonkey

Is it just me... Or are YOU complaining?

LOL.

You can also only get some of the quests if you rep is a certain level. This can cause some of your NPCs to walk if your not careful.

Forgive my ribbing. I couldn't resist.
  • StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
    im complaining about complaining. ironic i know. ;-P
    deltago said:

Also, Is it just me or does anyone else not care one bit about my party members alignments? or "maintaining" a reputation to align with a "good" party vs an "evil" party. I personally could care less about any of the NPCs alignments. Good or evil, some characters are too good not have. And Higher reputation = cheaper stuff. Why would anyone not want a higher reputation?

I'll answer this question. Besides RP reasons there are certain NPCs that do not show up in the game unless you have a low rep.
    There is also that extra challenge or actually having to pay more for certain items.
    every single NPC in Baldurs Gate shows up regardless of your reputation. (excluding the ones added in EE)
    Elendar said:

Elven Chain is hardly a powerful magical item... Its only useful to bards really, since the Robes of the Archmagi are better..

edit:
    Particularly when the Elven Chain comes AFTER you can find Robes of the Evil Archmagi... And after you already have plenty of gold to buy the neutral or good robes. So, having it not drop until so late into the game makes it absolutely worthless.

its definitely not useless...you just don't have the depth in your party composition to enjoy the benefits.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited January 2013

its definitely not useless...you just don't have the depth in your party composition to enjoy the benefits.

That right... I don't have any gay bards in my party. Because it IS useless for any character but a bard.

Its not even as good as a simple shield spell.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

deltago said:

every single NPC in Baldurs Gate shows up regardless of your reputation. (excluding the ones added in EE)
    No, even including those sir.

I think deltago has a different definition of "NPC." When most of us hear NPC we think party members. I think deltago is referring to *encounters.* For instance, the Flaming Fist hounding your every step ... plenty of bounty hunters coming to kill you along the coastal road ... etc.
    edited January 2013
    I was referring to NPC as party members. and I havent used all of the new NPCs that much to know.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    "If there is no NPC, make your Charname that class" - What if I'm tired of playing the same class again and again? For example, Dynaheir is the only good aligned mage. That means if I'm not happy that she's an invoker, I must play a mage if I want a good mage. But... Yeslick, the good aligned cleric, comes in very late, so I must play a cleric-mage... And if you continue that long enough, you stand in BG2, playing a thief over and over again.

Sure, some complaints are over the top, but so are some of yours. In case you didn't get the memo, it's a roleplaying game. Alignment does matter. Maybe not to you, but to many others, especially if rep management leads to metagaming. That can't be excused as "but if you're evil, you pick good options to exploit naive people". If you are a lawful good paladin, you do not have an excuse to kill a commoner because if you don't, your evil Drow cleric leaves the party.
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    people should always voice their opinions! helps so that developers dont treat us like morons :P
    majority are over the top
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    @kiscarnival Branwen is a good (read: Neutral) aligned cleric.
    Yes, exactly. She is neutral. What if I want a good cleric? Then I have to wait for Yeslick or play one myself, according to this rant.

And if you continue that long enough, you stand in BG2, playing a thief over and over again.

This. Lol all I ever played in BGII was Thief. >_> Got so old.

Also, along the lines of NPCs missing in BG1: There really is no melee-based Cleric aside from *maybe* Yeslick. And you're DEFINITELY not taking Mr. Lawful Good Yeslick in an Evil party. He leaves if you let Dorn join, for instance.
    Same. I did one run with Yoshimo, thinking it would be ok with a neutral thief... well, we know how that ended. Not having enough NPCs to get ANY evil party together, I did some runs with a second PC via multiplayer, but it's simply not the same because it stands out to have one silent follower in a banter happy group.

Branwen CAN do ok in melee if you give her gauntles of ogre power or something to raise her strength, shield, hammer and decent armor. But that doesn't make her evil or truly a melee tank. I love playing clerics, but I see them as battle priests - as hammer-wielding melee beasts, and none of the NPCs can do that, so I end up making them my PC.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited January 2013
    @Flashburn

nope.avi
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

O

O RLY?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Elendar said:

That right... I don't have any gay bards in my party. Because it IS useless for any character but a bard.

Its not even as good as a simple shield spell.

Bards are GAY and FAKE and LAME and FAKE and GAY but mostly just GAY.

Also if it's not useful for my AWESOME party then it's ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS and you can trust my opinion in that because I'm the kinda guy who stills describes things as GAY.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Kilivitz ... and that is how you get a thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.