Skip to content

Did you know that the steam version is not the latest?

VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
Did you know that ?

I have the ipad version, since i asked for a refund in the beamdog one.

Well... since i wanted to check Baeloth i got the steam version.. guess what ?

IT'S NOT PATCHED AND IT DOES NOT HAVE BAELOTH.

-.-'' now i understand why they are so many insulting this game on their the steam forum.

=(

edit by Nathan: the title was bugging me. I had to fix it.
Post edited by Nathan on

Comments

• ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    Yes.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Yes.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Perhaps you should have stuck it out with your original purchase?
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I don't get your reasoning. You bought and returned the Beamdog version, then bought the ipad version, THEN bought the Steam version? Why?
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Madhax said:

I don't get your reasoning. You bought and returned the Beamdog version, then bought the ipad version, THEN bought the Steam version? Why?

If I'm reading the OP correctly, it was singularly for the purpose of checking out Baeloth.

To the OP, yes, I knew this already.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    yes
    PeteAtoms said:

Madhax said:

If I'm reading the OP correctly, it was singularly for the purpose of checking out Baeloth.

He spent $20 just to check out one NPC, without first looking up whether or not the version he was purchasing HAD that NPC?

I wish I had that sort of money to throw away.
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    Madhax said:

PeteAtoms said:

Madhax said:

He spent $20 just to check out one NPC, without first looking up whether or not the version he was purchasing HAD that NPC?

I wish I had that sort of money to throw away.
    Well, it was not expected.

Where is the oficial information about this ? Youguys only knew this because someone experimented it.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited January 2013
    It is Atari responsibility to update the steam version, and it was their one-sided decision to put the game on steam.
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Atari did the integration for #BGEE on Steam, so it is a very basic setup. We were not involved.

With regards to updates, we have to submit updates to Atari for them to prepare for Steam. There will be a delay.

Atari is responsible for the Steam version, so there will likely be no Steam cloud saves or other features.

We'll be doing everything we can to help Atari keep the other versions out there up to date.

We're working hard with the Atari guys. Steam users will have build 2012 very soon. Dave at Atari is on it like butter

PC build version is 2012. Current iPad version is 2009. Current Steam version is 2011. We're working to get everyone on 2012 so it will work

Current Steam build is 2011. Atari is working on pushing 2012 with 140 new fixes.

We are completely not affected by the Atari bankruptcy. Recent dealings make a lot more sense now.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    The current Steam build is actually 2010, Trent himself wrongly said that it is 2011.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    We've pushed the updated version to Atari (and did so a while ago) - we hope that they'll push the new version out to all users promptly.
    @Nathan The title edit makes me giggle. Just FYI.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    How to have the latest version of anything.

Step 1) Get it directly from the source.

There is no step 2.

Sometimes in life you don't have the option to get something directly from the source. With this product you did. LAWL. Go cry to Atari.

Also, in terms of support, good luck getting a refund from Steam or Atari.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Karma.
    @Madhax every time I read it I got a facial tic. Had to fix it. :(
    I'm always loosing money with this game, must be karma or something.

lol
    @VittordeVitto the iPad version has been submitted and will be available as soon as possible. As for the Beamdog vs. Steam situation, I've already said what I could about it. I'm sorry that you feel you've lost money on the version, and that the Steam version is out of date. Regrettably, it's completely out of our control - we're waiting on Atari to update the steam version for everyone. Needless to say though, as you may have seen they've been in the news recently. Despite this, we're hopeful they'll be able to take care of the problem soon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Most of the insults in Steam forum came from ignorance. Moral lesson: learn to be contented. It is still beyond me why people would switch to steam version when they already have bought from beamdog. For new comers (i.e. found it first in steam, bought it there), I'd understand completely; otherwise, it's mind-boggling. With beamdog version, you get the latest updates. Plus, you can support the devs better. What's not to like?

@Nathan
    Out of interest, what's the previous title? Please enclose in spoiler tag if it's sensitive. For some reason, I found that funny.:D

• RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    Well, if you want to know: when the steam version came out (first days), I didn't know that it wasn't the latest version, but after a few days I learned it, although I don't care at all about Steam. I never bought anything from them, nor will I in the future!
    If you want to play BG:EE, I suggest you buy it from Beamdog, so that you will have all the updates immediately and at the same time you will support the developers not a third party like Steam.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Jalily said:

@Illustair The old title was "Did you now thatthe steam version is not the last ?"

I am so glad he fixed it.

I lol'd.

And also yes, I did know that.
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    Wow. This turned into a troll thread quickly. Too many fake lols.

@VittordeVitto, looks like Overhaul and Atari have some miscommunications and both of them don't care that the customers are getting screwed. If they decide not to release patches it might be another The War Z and Steam might pull it out and give refunds, and with Atari's current state I think that they'd rather not give all this money back (This game sold a lot of copies already), so they'll probably release it soon enough.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Doom972 said:

@VittordeVitto, looks like Overhaul and Atari have some miscommunications and both of them don't care that the customers are getting screwed.

@Doom972
    Can you give me a couple of examples of how Overhaul doesn't care about their customers? Thanks in advance.
    Nathan said:

@VittordeVitto the iPad version has been submitted and will be available as soon as possible. As for the Beamdog vs. Steam situation, I've already said what I could about it. I'm sorry that you feel you've lost money on the version, and that the Steam version is out of date. Regrettably, it's completely out of our control - we're waiting on Atari to update the steam version for everyone. Needless to say though, as you may have seen they've been in the news recently. Despite this, we're hopeful they'll be able to take care of the problem soon.

I don't regret buying the ipad version.

It's far from perfect, but it's mobile and i don't have that much time to play home anymore. So yeah, BG:EE Ipad is worth my money.

I hope you fix the lag soon, i really want to use AOE spells.

But the Steam Version made me waste money again, i just wanted to check Baeloth, i don't think its cool to launch a product like that, INCOMPLETE.

I asked for a refund because of the pc beam dog version, it is not what i would like it to be.

Ty for the reply.
    deltago said:

Doom972 said:

@VittordeVitto, looks like Overhaul and Atari have some miscommunications and both of them don't care that the customers are getting screwed.

@Doom972
    Can you give me a couple of examples of how Overhaul doesn't care about their customers? Thanks in advance.
    Dude, did i write that ? I can't remeber lol ...

But, since you asked, i felt ofended when i got the beam dog version and it was a rough and bugged version, not tested at all.
    Doom972 said:

Wow. This turned into a troll thread quickly. Too many fake lols.

@VittordeVitto, looks like Overhaul and Atari have some miscommunications and both of them don't care that the customers are getting screwed. If they decide not to release patches it might be another The War Z and Steam might pull it out and give refunds, and with Atari's current state I think that they'd rather not give all this money back (This game sold a lot of copies already), so they'll probably release it soon enough.

Lol, i knew i didn't write that!

I just wanted to help people have information. That's all.
This discussion has been closed.