Skip to content

Capacity problems?

AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
I am getting the "We're over capacity" message very frequently these days. I wondered if this is only my problem (I live in Scandinavia), or if something is being done to alleviate this?

This week it has come up nearly every second time I go to a new page. (But it is hard to be very annoyed because of that cute green monster :P ).

Comments

• CalawenCalawen Member Posts: 707
    Agreed, I get it really often these days... It's annoying, I'm getting tired of the green monster. ^^
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited January 2013
    Indeed @Bhaaldog, @Calawen. So I am not alone at least. The forum is surprisingly popular, or the servers are just very weak.
  • CalawenCalawen Member Posts: 707
    edited January 2013
    My guess is that it's weak. And notifications are bugging too, I didn't get a notification for your tag, and there's another message today I should have been notified to and it doesn't appear in the notification list...

guess what? I got the first green monster when trying to post, see the file attached it's awful X)

Edit: there are currently less than 200 visitors on the forum, if its' over capacity for that...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The forums see about a hundred-thousand hits per day; I would bet that most of that is from people who have multiple tabs open, or who are refreshing the page to see if they have any new messages or if there are any threads with new posts.

Clearly, the forums are having trouble handling that much of a load; all I can say is that we're aware of it, and that I agree that it's frustrating.
    Yeah. It has been bad today. And I dont have responsibilities like you, @Aosaw. I can at least turn off the forums for a while when it gets bad. Hope it gets better soon.

Is 100,000 a lot? It sounds much, but hard to get the scale of these things. For instance, does starcraft2 blizzard forums have 1 million daily hits?
    Bhaaldog said:

Aosaw said:

The forums see about a hundred-thousand hits per day.

Most likely due to the gathering of all Bhaalspawn in one place. Alaundo foretold of this time of trouble...
    Haha =) We are the sowers of chaos alright.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's a lot for the servers being used by this forum, and definitely more than anyone anticipated would be the case for this game.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Huh, it had seemed to me that these forums had actually died down a bit in the last while. It seemed like it peaked the month before and after the release day, and even then I don't remember getting the over capacity messages quite as much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    The servers will crumble to dust when BG2:EE comes out...

When problems like this arise, think, what would my CHARNAME do... Well he would hunt other forum users and slay them to reduce capacity...

Then I think, what would Saveoursock do... He would join me...

Okay, don't think this helps at present, let me work on it...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Anduin said:

The servers will crumble to dust when BG2:EE comes out...

When problems like this arise, think, what would my CHARNAME do... Well he would hunt other forum users and slay them to reduce capacity...

Then I think, what would Saveoursock do... He would join me...

Okay, don't think this helps at present, let me work on it...

The problem with your plan is that even if you limit yourself to the forum users in your own country, it would get very expensive running around and locating each one... Maybe you should just visit Vanilla Forum Headquarters? :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    @Bhaaldog I haven't seem anyone, besides you, of course :), complaining about that yet. It doesn't mean it is a problem in your end though.

Also double posts seem to have gone down as well...
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    It happens frequently to me as well. Yet, when you click the link that ostensibly tallies all of these errors it gives a glowing report of absolutely nothing having ever been wrong with the forums in the history of...forever.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I think people like Baldur's Gate.