Skip to content

Killed Drizzt in 3 seconds!!! are werebears OP?

12346»

Comments

• KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    @TC: In addition to fixing Shapeshifters (which I have no problem with), the mod you're using also makes a bunch of somewhat arbitrary changes to the druid spell list. Including changing "Conjure Animals" to summon a pair of 20HD Greater Bearweres.

So, in reality, you watched a pair of level 20s kill BG1-drizzt in seconds.
    That's not terribly impressive, and it's not "D&D rules".
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    BUT COULD THE WEREBEARS CAST TIME STOP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @ScytheKnight

I added a page to the back of my D&D book that said werebears could cast Time Stop as a free action 239 times a day.

So it is legit and not hacking!!!!
    They could in 3x, if you Awaken them, maybe give them a stat tome, then give them a bunch of wizard levels.
    edited January 2013
    @moopy: Proof of concept. The werebears are rising!!!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited January 2013
    moopy said:

BUT COULD THE WEREBEARS CAST TIME STOP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No, they couldn't cast time stop. But they did have immunity to iconic character damage and +500 to hit any Drow who's story happened to be written by R A Salvatore. It is in MY Monster manual, written in crayon on the inside of the back cover. So therefore it is legitimate and legal.

Edit: Oh, wait. There is a typo in the verbiage, so it is no longer cannon unless the revision is in purple crayon. And there it is. So it is legal again.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    I'm really pissed that they nerfed mages by not including the summon locomotive spell:
    http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/wtf-wondrous-items.php?page=7

I mean really, what's the point of even being a mage without it? All I wanted was to play a "true D&D" mage...
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    And they didn't remove the horrific bug from vanilla that doesn't give you xp when you ctrl+y stuff! Damn you, Beamdog!
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Well I've added fusion wereslimes to my monster manual (in purple crayon of course). I'm going to not hack my game so my level 45 druid can summon them.
  • NeuromancyNeuromancy Member Posts: 5
    I agree with most of the posters that the OP is lacking tact, and he's doing the forum equivalent of broadcasting "DING" in an MMO. But I must admit, especially as a Greyhawk fan, there's something therapeutic and grimly satisfying about seeing such results on your info screen. Of all the characters, I think Xzar deserves it most. Who'd trust him when he told the story in a tavern anyway?

Many summoned creatures died to bring us this information.

And since we're on such an annoying topic, did they reduce Elminster in power? I don't remember being able to take him on at all. Maybe they tweaked the Random Number Generator or something as well. Either that, or I misremember or am approaching him in a different manner than before. Max level, hopped up on potions, Dorn & Montaron as backup, I'd say it's 50/50 I kill a chosen of Mistra or I walk away as a chicken.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    As hilarious as some of the dialogue is in this thread, I think it's thoroughly fulfilled its purpose (and then some), so I'm going to close it.

If you'd like to continue this line of what passes in Wonderland for conversation, please use the thread in Off-Topic.
This discussion has been closed.