Skip to content

Is there a best weapon?

1235»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Erg said:

Prodigy said:

I cannot ask to my group to download this file so I can cheat in a copy of that damn sword or dagger or whatever it is.

@Prodigy

Why not?

I've no idea of the arrangements made between you and the other players, nor why you want to cheat and use Xan's sword in the first place, but it isn't unheard of people in multiplayer putting the same files in override.
    This.

Either your group minds if you cheat or it doesn't. How you cheat is irelevent. The moonblade is bound to Xan, if you are roleplaying then you shouldn't give it to anyone else, regardlesss of what the game lets you do. If you have a roleplaying reason why your character has a moonblade, then there is no reason not to use mods to give it to them.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Erg said:
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole picture-replies usually, but that made me laugh. Very well done.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Mykra said:

Erg said:
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole picture-replies usually, but that made me laugh. Very well done.
    I couldn't help myself.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Erg said:

I couldn't help myself.

If I knew it existed, I probably would have used it as well. It was my first thought.

Cheating the engine to get Xan's Moonblade to work on a PC has been around for over a decade, and as a huge Elaine Cunningham fan I was right there cheating the system when I was younger so I could have my very own Moonblade. There's so many tricks I just find the whole exchange funny because it's not like it's some secret in how to use it. You have the UAI trick, you have the multiplayer trick, you have the whole spawn-then-Shadowkeeper, you can alter the usability flags, you can edit the .IDS file, you have Arundor's data file, you have Nameless One's altered data file, you have the Sorcerer trick, you can use Near Infinity to change Xan's .CRE files...there's just so many ways.

I guess I'm just so used to this game I forget some people don't think of some things as old hat like I do.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @SpaceInvader +1 for the sign.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Not to dig up old dirt, but anyone have a way to use the Moonblade for us iPad users who can't CLUAConsole or Shadowkeeper? I want to do a solo "multiplayer" game with a sorcerer has my lead and that seems like the best weapon for him.
    One of my other characters will use some awesome scimitars :-)