Skip to content

Level 1 party run into a Vampiric Wolf

2»

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
    This is part of the openness of Baldur's Gate. It's quite likely that you'll run into enemies you cannot defeat. The game does suggest to stay near the roads, which is great advice for a level 1. Once you hit level 2 or 3, you're party can take on much of what you'll encounter out in the wilderness.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really love it when I'm waylaid by bandits in level 1... so fun to see your party dying before a sleep spell can be cast :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I love it when I am waylaid by kobolds when my party is level 6-7. I totally Beat them in 10 seconds. without any mods or cheats or even removing the level cap. Woot!
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    The wolf is dead and it was worth of 2000 exp (! lol wut; didn't remember they were this tough) for my noob party. My tactic was to use Khalid as cannon fod.. mmm tank because he has the lowest AC 0. The wolf hit Khalid who was left with 1 hp and started running around scared (obviously). While to wolf chased Khalid my MC archer and Jaheira managed to kill it. Yeeeee let's have a barbeque party!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Vampire wolf barbecue? I think I'll pass... :)
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    I'd probably go level up some more and come back later, but that's just me.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    mlnevese said:

Vampire wolf barbecue? I think I'll pass... :)

I suppose I got a little carried away there :)
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Chtulhu would love that barbeque. But yeah... I think I'd definitely stay clear of any meat that used to be part of a creature named "Vampiric/vampire" anything.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Glad somebody else had problems...