Skip to content

Will playthroughs from BGEE carry over into BGEE2?

Both the friendship with Dorn and the romance with Neera seemed to imply that more would happen in the future, and I like my character a lot. Will they transfer/will we be able to import data?

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    There are already so many of these topics. Yes, it carries over. It doesn't takes decisions like the original, most likely, but surely it will just pick up by taking them into the party
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Since BG2:EE will be a completely separate game, I suppose you'll be able to start any romance (new or old) regardless of whether you imported your character or rolled up a new one.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I theorize that BG2:EE uses the same engine. Character importation is not needed. You will probably be able to load up your last game and continue... You lose all your weapons anyway...

Would be nice to have your team in the cages surrounding you... Who knows it may happen!

And as it is the same engine, any romances will probably be remembered.

Could be wrong though and they completely forget who you are and you are a blank page again...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Anduin said:

Would be nice to have your team in the cages surrounding you... Who knows it may happen!

Hrm...I had Imoen, Neera, Branwen, and Quayle in my group. First three, yes; Coran, go flirt with Lanfear; Quayle, go to the circus. ...much as I would like to get some Eldoth and Skie all up in my group. >:3
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    I finished it with Neera, Dorn, Rasaad, Imoen, and Branwen. I can picture Rasaad preaching to Dorn about coming back to the light to pass the time as they waste away in their cages.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    edited January 2013
    I think it would be a nice touch if one of the new characters spawned in the opposite cage depending on which one you progressed furthest in through the romance. Would make continuing it much more fluid rather than finding them in a random corner of the city greeting you by saying "Hey it's you again. Remember we liked each other...?", and then the game finding some reason why you ditched them for Minsc, Jaheira and Imoen before you were captured.
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    .... What if Jaheira was killed by a pit fiend that Neera accidentally summoned? I tried to have Neera cast fireball and a giant demon came out instead. Jaheira did not survive our retreat. It'd be hard to explain how she joined me again. Or why, since I kinda got her mauled by a pit fiend.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Mathmick said:

I think it would be a nice touch if one of the new characters spawned in the opposite cage depending on which one you progressed furthest in through the romance. Would make continuing it much more fluid rather than finding them in a random corner of the city greeting you by saying "Hey it's you again. Remember we liked each other...?", and then the game finding some reason why you ditched them for Minsc, Jaheira and Imoen before you were captured.

You'd think your romantic interest would be a target for Irenicus...waaaiiit. One more reason to want to do terrible, terrible things to him. :|
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think it's pretty obvious that Minsc, Jaheira and Imoen are actually all dopplegangers that pretend to be locked up as part of an elaborate plot that you cut short by killing all three the moment you're out of the cages. Or at least Minsc and Jaheira. Unless you got Imoen killed in your game you can always view it as Irenicus also capturing her separately, or maybe she was resurrected later and then captured.

But yeah, dopplegangers I tell you.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Well... Originally some things you did in BG1 had effect on your BG2 game. But the original BG1 didn't have romances... And the original didn't care about who you killed. If they were scripted to be in BG2 then they were there no matter what.

I strongly suspect that if the three characters actually make it into BG2:EE then the romance status will also be remembered. I also strongly suspect that the three characters WILL make it into BG2:EE... Whether or not they are going to be in Irenicus's dungeon? I simply haven't got a clue.
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    First post on this forum.

Personally, and I'm sure many of you feel the same, I'm dying to play BG2:EE now that I've played through BG:EE. I've played both originals in the past and they've hooked me again. Are there any plans to make EE of the Icewind Dale saga? I'm so jonesing for more Infinity Engine games that I'm considering buying IWD on GoG tonight.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    from Trent's twitter:
    "We will keep the BG character importing from BG1 as it was in the original BG2" I don't know what that means for the "romances" but I can't see it registering who was in your party and adding them to the dungeon.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    You see, that's why I wasn't too thrilled about giving the new NPCs quests and romances. It makes them (unfairly, even) inconsistent with the original NPCs. And if their romance status carries on to BG2:EE, where most NPCs are fleshed out like that, it gives them an (unfair) advantage of sorts over the original romances.

Now, I understand very well that they're unable to make new content for the original characters. I also understand that the majority of players don't give a damn about the aforementioned consistency if it means more content to the game.

But due to OCD or whatever, I would rather that the new NPCs were more in line with the original ones. Then I would include them in BG2:EE with the whole package.

Yes, I am complaining about not having *less* new content. Call me crazy. I'm not saying that everyone should agree with me, I'm just saying you should probably be happy that I'm not Mr. Oster or whoever had the final say in those decisions.

But to be fair, I gotta admit that the new content is very well-written and engaging.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    @Kilivitz I totally disagree with your assessment of less content would have been better and that the romances gives an unfair advantage or whatever... But I love how you wrote down your opinion and didn't try to force it on others. Makes me respect your opinion so much more.