Skip to content

What was your luckiest moment playing BG/BG2/ToB? *spoilers inside*

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
All the threads about killing dragons with quivering palms and fingers of death made think about those moments in BG/BG2 where you shouldn't have survived or shouldn't have won a fight or did something else that should be almost impossible.

So I ask all of you what was your luckiest moment playing BG/BG2/ToB?

Comments

• toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Similar to the Finger of Death on a dragon...

My evil Bounty Hunter/Fighter (dual) decided he wanted the silver dragon blood, so he told Edwin to disintegrate the Dragon in the Underdark. First try, Edwin did so. I then got some very nice human flesh armor :-)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Bhaaldog said:

Seeing Viconia for the first time.... when our eyes met there was something so magical at that moment that I thought I was the luckiest Bhaalspawn in all of Faerun!

Oh wait we are not talking about that sort of luck? Silly me...

Luck is luck and that is as lucky as it gets :)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited January 2013
    Killing the first time firekraag. I do remember that fight and it was frustrating for more then an hour...

meep...wrong luck!!! :D
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Bad luck is a kind of luck so right luck for the thread as well ;)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I think for a moment, I confused or frightened the giant in Black Pits. I just saw that huge yellow circle around him. Though, I don't know what exactly did that, I had several spells going on. But it amused me greatly to see that huge guy be scared of some tiny creatures.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    When I found the wand of frost in the Nashkel Mines Map... It could kill Mulahey with only a strike... I thought it was an artifact of Gods! :D
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621

When I found the wand of frost in the Nashkel Mines Map... It could kill Mulahey with only a strike... I thought it was an artifact of Gods! :D

There's a wand of Frost there???
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    In the final fight against the Fallen Solar in Bhaal's Throne, I somehow managed to draw it out from the rest of that demonic horde and kill it alone. That fight became SO much easier with the Solar ripped to pieces with Energy Blades and none of its associates helping.

The rest were but fodder without it.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    edited January 2013
    toanwrath said:

There's a wand of Frost there???
    Yes there is!
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar5400.htm
    @Toanwrath
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    The first time I ever fought the Shadow Dragon I did so by having Jaheira cast harm and hit it once to knock it to near death. It had me thinking "Wow that dragon was sort of a pushover." The next time I tried to fight the dragon it took Jaheira like 35 reloads to land an attack that didn't get resisted with harm.

I was a little kid then and now I try to avoid cheese like that, though ;)
  • pipinhopipinho Member Posts: 55
    rolling a 96 when creating a character hahahaha
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited February 2013
    Baldur's Gate: Finding a means of reputation management in Phandalyn. >=D
    Baldur's Gate II: I decided to fight the Elemental Lich without any "cheese"...I managed to bust its protection from evil off of it just in time for the Pit Fiend it gated in to start wailing on it.

Honorary mention goes to getting two suits of elven chain in the Shattered Hand in Icewind Dale! ON A SOLO RUN swplbsl
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    If character creation counts...it is when I rolled 102 for my half-elf archer! Other than that, when I first found the Ring of Wizardry without knowing beforehand what it is and where it is. Considering it's very well hidden, I would call that luck!
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I can't remember one luckiest moment... But few of the mages that fight you after you talk to them, talking to them with a fighter, as soon as the fight starts, before the mage manages to cast anything, a crit, from an 18/00 or 19 Strength fighter wielding a Two-Handed Sword. Suddenly mage is no more.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Illustair said:

If character creation counts...it is when I rolled 102 for my half-elf archer! Other than that, when I first found the Ring of Wizardry without knowing beforehand what it is and where it is. Considering it's very well hidden, I would call that luck!

swplbsl 102?! Wow, with rolls like that I wish we got multi-classing options like in AD&D 1st Edition with Unearthed Arcana errata!