Skip to content

Original Artwork - Minsc and Boo

NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
edited February 2013 in Fan Creations
Minsc and Boo. Butt-kicking for goodness!

I always thought Minsc was great how he is, so I didn't stray too far from his original look.

I also have a larger version on http://nixxical.deviantart.com/

Comments

• ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Amazing work as always. I imagine him a bit more buff though, but that might just be me. He currently looks like he has 17 str xD But other than that, great work.
    Also, Boo looks adorable.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited February 2013
    Ooh, leather scale! SCARY WIZARD liek
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Nice work, and keep them coming! Your Viconia is still of course my favorite
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    Thanks everyone.

I wish I could say I put as much logic into his size, like Bhaaldog so eloquently put it, but I was mainly just trying to avoid him looking like a juicehead. But hey, he made sense. I think I'll run with that from now on. ;)
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Aww yeah, this looks fantastic <3 And Boo is so adorable, makes me miss when I used to have hamsters
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Someone needs to face swap minsc and boo here.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    That's the Minsc we all know and love!
  • ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
    He actually looks his implied age as well. Nice job.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I feel that this one tells a story. The sky depicts this thin moment(somewhere around Amkethran) just before the final fight(in ToB). I can sense the happiness of being part of the party and the sadness of the coming end.

Remarkable talent, a pinch of nostalgia and a little touch of magic and a drawing becomes a work of art that will endure. Keep the magic.

Could you draw Orrick the gray(or some other wise-looking mage like Elminster, Dumbledore or Gandalf) and use themes like stars, maybe a portal somewhere, night, mystic streams of energy, time... It would be brilliant. I will write it again, keep the magic. Thank you.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Boo points! I punch. It is a simple relationship, but very effective.

Thanks very much guys!

@Djimmy I probably will be doing Elminster in the near future. Playing BG again got me all nostalgic for the old Forgotten Realms novels. I was planning on doing a set of some of the famous FR personalities after I get through with BG npcs. And thank you for the thoughtful comments.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    @Nixxi Rather than chase all of your NPC pics, I'll say it here for all of them - absolutely brillaint and I look forward to the next ones.
    @Yovaneth Thank you.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    I say keep with the BG NPCs. I want to run an all-Nixxi avatar game at some point after the great quality of the first 3.
  • KsarfeksKsarfeks Member Posts: 8
    Dear, dear Nixxi, can I ask you to consider making a Jaheira portrait next? I think she is one of the most used NPC's with one of the most horrible portraits (in BG1, at least). I will be using all your portraits in the next playthrough.
    Thanks for the comments. I am still continuing with the portraits... just very slowly atm. They had to take a back seat to some other projects with time constraints.

@Ksarfeks I likely will get to Jaheira. I'm already currently working on two other characters though, so she's a little ways down the line.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    After he's done kicking butt he's going to clean your floor
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    despair not, i shall inspire you, by charging, BLINDLYYYYY ONNNNNNN!
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Needs beeger sword!

(But no, seriously, looks great.)