Skip to content

Continuity for new NPCs

12346»

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Fardragon said:

Madhax said:

@Shawne
    By my understanding, D&D actually allows for druids of any Neutral alignment. I hope this gets incorporated into BGEE at some point, because unless the contractual obligations prohibit this, Jaheira really should be Neutral Good and Faldorn is definitely Neutral Evil.

That was a change in 3rd edition. BG is 2nd edition, which requires all druids to be true neutral.
    I figured as much, but it wouldn't be the only 3rd edition feature to find its way back into 2nd edition. Unless this change was caused by some sort of Forgotton Realms event that coincided with third edition allowing for druids to be more diverse in their views, I see no reason why we can't use it as justification to more accurately categorize the BG druids.
  • TrappistTrappist Member Posts: 14
    Further to orginal post.... if i were to apply a skill tome to an NPC, then would the enhanced stat be carried over to BG2EE?

Thanks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited February 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Trappist said:

Further to orginal post.... if i were to apply a skill tome to an NPC, then would the enhanced stat be carried over to BG2EE?

Thanks

I do not believe we know that information yet...
    True, we don't know. But unless and until we're informed of any plan by the Overhaul guys to change it, I think our working assumption must be that it'll be the same as in original BG1+2.

In that case (for the benefit of new players), the answer would be no, stat-boosts from Tomes would only carry over for your own character, not for NPCs. (Therefore, if you're planning to take your character through into BG2ee, it makes sense always to apply all of the Tomes to your main character only, unless you have a specific roleplaying reason not to boost your main character's stats.)

The BG1 NPCs which go forward into BG2 as joinable characters are
    Dorn
    Edwin
    Imoen
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Neera
    Rasaad
    Viconia
    Some of these are rebuilt with improved stats anyway (regardless of Tomes):
    Dorn (not yet known, likely unchanged)
    Edwin +1 STR +1 WIS
    Imoen unchanged
    Jaheira +3 DEX
    Minsc +1 DEX +1 CON
    Neera (not yet known, likely unchanged)
    Rasaad (not yet known, likely unchanged)
    Viconia +3 WIS
    Other NPCs from BG1 do not continue as joinable characters, but some are met again in non-joinable roles (some of which are significant, others just briefly met in passing):
    Ajantis (very briefly, gets killed before you even realise it was him)
    Baeloth (by implication he'll become an opponent in BG2, although this is unconfirmed)
    Coran (gives you a minor quest in BG2)
    Faldorn (she becomes an opponent in BG2)
    Garrick (cameo)
    Quayle (has acquired an apprentice who is joinable in BG2)
    Safana (brief cameo)
    Tiax (brief cameo)
    Xzar (gives you a minor quest in BG2)
    Also,
    Khalid
    Montaron
    make an "appearance" but only as dead bodies.

The other NPCs from BG1 have no role in BG2.
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    No chance of an introduction of Baeloth as a DLC later @PhillipDaigle? So his contend will not need to be worked now? I believe if the devs. state that Baeloth will be an DLC later NPC, probally people will have the respect of not modding him to avoid a conflict of content later (you play lots of times with an modded Baeloth then a official one change his entire behavior and actions).

By the way an DLC manager must be made if any DLC will be introduced later.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Baeloth's appearance in the main campaign of BG1 was an easter egg, for the most part. But if you ask me, he's too fun to just leave in the wastebin forever...
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Easter egg or no, he was quite an ENTERTAINING party member. :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    would like to agree and like @Shawne, but i can only choose one TT!