Skip to content

BG1NPC for BG:EE needs testers!

Hi everyone!

BG1NPC for BG:EE is now in beta-testing, and we're looking to get together a team of people to test it rigorously before release. If you're interested, please post over in this thread in the Modding section!

Comments

• ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Very nice new @Kaeloree ! But this BG1NPC will be put in a patch? :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Weeeiiiii!!!! Best news of the week! You guys rock
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Aranthys said:

It enhances the BG1 experience A LOT.

I agree. IMO is one of two must have mods for BG1 (the other being Unfinished Business that restores original content that was cut before release).
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    Still waiting for BGEE to play, mainly because of this beauty... we are getting there!
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Interesting. I could use some new experiences since I never used this in the original.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Tell me this will somehow be made available for iPad, if not I shall cry.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Will polish version be included to this NPC mod version?
    I've heard that translation of the original BG1 mod has ended year ago.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Delvarian said:

Tell me this will somehow be made available for iPad, if not I shall cry.

you can start crying :D

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    It is a sad day indeed for IPad.
  • bersbachbersbach Member Posts: 14
    Possibly a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway: should Mac users anticipate mods that will work with the Mac build (when available)? If yes, is it an across-the board yes, or wil modders have to take the initiative and create specialized Mac versions of their mods for us to use 'em?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If the mod requires Weidu to work then someone will have to port the current beta of Weidu to OSX first.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    If this won't work with Mac I might just go buy the PC version and play through wineskin even though I'm loath to do so. Daddy needs his banter.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited February 2013
    A quick question:
    Do people need experience with bg npc project to do this?

(I don't have the time at the moment to help out myself, was just interested)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    How difficult will it be to port Weidu to OSX once the Max version is out?
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Aww, man. Now I have to play it again. :)
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Even though I have the PC version of BG:EE, I think it is a bit unfair that this project will be only available for PC. Now that BG:EE is available on multiple platforms, I hope that modders will expand their know-how and take a look at the other platforms like the iPad. Afterall, everyone has the right to have access to extra content, no? So please, don't just shove iPad users aside. The whole reason BG:EE even came to be was it being Trent's wish to make the game available on different platforms.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Alas and alack. Well, I hope someone will be able to update Weidu once the OSX BGEE comes out: it might spur on some brave soul. If I had the time and knew anything about modding I might try to do it myself, but alas, I have neither.
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    For those bemoaning mods not being available cross platform, keep in mind these are community driven mods. The majority of the modding community has been running strong for a good 10-15 years now, of which BG has only been a PC game.
    If you want mods available for Mac, go learn a little coding and have a shot yourself. I'm sure the mod creators would be happy to have your assistance at porting mods to new platforms.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited February 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    edited February 2013
    Looks like I'll need to rely on good old wineskin afterall. A potato would know more about coding than me! Though it irks me that after they went through all that trouble with making the Mac version I, as a Mac user, probably still won't use it because of the lack of mod compability.

As Splod wisely said, I won't rant about community made content not being available on all platforms. It's the modders time, sweat and blood after all.

Interested in the workings here though: Is it "just" WeiDU that's stopping the mod from being Mac compatible or would you have to change the mod too?

edited February 2013
    @Stickan It's just Weidu for mods that are already out for the EE. And I'd say most modern mods need it to work.

Other mods may need further work to become compatible with the EE itself.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited February 2013
    @Stickan @mlnevese It depends on the mod; some, like BG1NPC, require a little more knowledge and work than just updating WeiDU due to the those of other executables (which I wouldn't be able to do).
    edited February 2013
    @Kaeloree Yes I know. But I was considering just mods already out for the EE. Not the ones that need major rework in items and dialogs, for instance. There, edited my post for clarity :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    This is going to take BG1 goodness up to eleven.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Hah, always nice to hear how a bit of support for other platforms ends up in comments such as 'Go learn coding yourself'. As if it is that easy. I already have trouble working with Microsoft Excel. It's like a plumber telling you to fix your own pipelines yourself. Quite ironic. I was just trying to encourage mod development for other platforms, as it would please these users greatly as well. It would also help sales of the game on other platforms. Afterall, who would buy a version of the game to which no mods can be installed if they can have the superior PC version? I'm aware of the technical issues, but what I've read thus far is... Disappointing, to say the least. Oh well, yay for PC elitism, I guess.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud you must understand that mods are something people do on their spare time because they enjoy doing it.
    I'm sure that mod developer don't just ignore other platforms and they would support it if WeiDU worked.
    It's more that updating WeiDU for multiplatform or making something entirely new is not something every modder have the knowledge to do and fewer are even interested in doing it when it "works" for their platform.

If Mac users want mods for their platform I think it's fair to ask that they (one/some of them) help out making it possible to do, also if it was that important for sales, I'd think OH would have an interest in making it easier to do.