Skip to content

PETITION - Mr *Spoiler* as a BG2EE Companion

2»

Comments

• VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Meh. I would never use him. He just feels too out of place, just like Neera. I only think they hit a good spot with the monk and Blackguard. They feel genuine.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    If done well, i.e. like other NPCs he has his own personal quest and inter-party banter and is well-written, then yes.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't think anyone ever tried to say that this character's appearance was meant to be taken seriously.

I think of him in the same way that I think of the golden pantaloons: a hilarious easter egg. ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2013
    Now I would really like to see someone create a Mr. *SPOILER* NPC fo bg2,,, some ideas for his dialogues:

After meeting Firkraag for the first time.

- Hey CHARNAME you know the guy who just hired us is really
    a red dragon
    who wants us to
    be blamed for murdering a bunch of paladins
    as part of his
    twisted revenge against Gorion...

Or just before entering Nalia's home...

- Hey Nalia you know we can't
    actually save your father
    as
    he's already dead!

Or even better:

- Hey CHARNAME you know the guy who just hired us is really *SPOILER* who wants us to *SPOILER* as part of his *SPOILER*

- Hey Nalia you know we can't *SPOILER* as *SPOILER*

MR *SPOILER* would be a Diviner, of course :)
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    He's a bit too silly really but I'd like to see them make a go at something more serious.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    mlnevese said:

Now I would really like to see someone create a Mr. *SPOILER* NPC fo bg2,,, some ideas for his dialogues:

After meeting Firkraag for the first time.

- Hey CHARNAME you know the guy who just hired us is really

a red dragon
    who wants us to
    be blamed for murdering a bunch of paladins
    as part of his
    twisted revenge against Gorion...

Or just before entering Nalia's home...

- Hey Nalia you know we can't
    actually save your father
    as
    he's already dead!

Or even better:

- Hey CHARNAME you know the guy who just hired us is really *SPOILER* who wants us to *SPOILER* as part of his *SPOILER*

- Hey Nalia you know we can't *SPOILER* as *SPOILER*

MR *SPOILER* would be a Diviner, of course :)
    This would be the greatest mod ever.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    My view is that they shouldn't just carry over everything just for the sake of doing so. With the other characters, they're fine because they have depth and were originally designed for that purpose.

Remember that BG2 is a different game. Yes, it follows the same storyline, but that doesn't mean you have the exact same group. You are supposed to have a different selection of characters at your disposal in each game. Making every new BG:EE character available in BG2:EE removes that distinction between the games. You aren't supposed to be using an entire group of long-term companions in the second game. The idea is that you are scouring the new city and surrounds for new help.

I might be more inclined to agree if he wasn't a joke Easter Egg character, but I don't really believe that there really need to be more party members available for both games anyway. It would be just a bit too odd for them to find a reason for everyone they add to head South anyway. =P
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    @Fenghoang YES!! OMG shortie races love PLEASE!!!!