Skip to content

Share Your Baldur's Gate/D&D Jokes

2»

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @ajwz: That was effin' terrible.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Why did the paladin kill the ogre assassin?

Because nice guys finish larze.
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    What is Cyric's favorite kind of soup?

Zhentil
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Why? Because Skyrim is too 'mainstream' or 'overrated'? I liked the game, and this comes from someone who played through all of BG 1 and BG 2 at 14 years old. I love both games equally. The 'arrow in the knee' joke is getting old, I admit, but still, no reason to brush someone off.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud -
    He said it in jest.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Why? Because Skyrim is too 'mainstream' or 'overrated'? I liked the game, and this comes from someone who played through all of BG 1 and BG 2 at 14 years old. I love both games equally. The 'arrow in the knee' joke is getting old, I admit, but still, no reason to brush someone off.

Why? Because the "arrow in the knee" joke is not just old, it's an ancient lich at this point. I love Skyrim, too. In fact, I'm playing it RIGHT NOW.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What is a cannibal's favourite pie?
    Minsc Meat Pie
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited February 2013
    Q: Where does Magnus the Minotaur live?
    A: In (a) Mazzy!

Hur hur hur.
  • lunarhalolunarhalo Member Posts: 71
    So a party is venturing forth to the Friendly Arms Inn. As they get near the gate, all of a sudden they hear this voice scream out a long string of obscenities, such as:

"Hey ****ing Khalid, you dumb ****ing elf, does your wife still keep your **** in a box. And how is that **** anyway? Is she still rubbing ****ing goodberries on her ****ing **** and waiting for ****ing werebears to come **** her? At least she's not as ****ing stupid as that ****ing rat****er over there. Yeah I'm talking to you, you big ****ing dumb ****!"

The party is naturally disturbed by the verbal assault and after Minsc comes out of his rage they enter the inn. After explaining the encounter to Bently Mirrorshade they ask him what's going on.

And Bently Mirrorshade says, "Yeah that's the problem with these old castles. They all have turrets(Tourettes)
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @scriver and @Schneidend: Well, it's hard to interpret someone's intention from written words alone at times. I've come across a lot of 'elitists' who despise Skyrim for no other reason than it being Skyrim and not Morrowind, so to speak. It's a bit like the eternal discussion whether a console is 'better' than a PC or not, to give an equally mind-bogling comparison. Fortunately that is not the case here, then. :)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I can admit skyrim has some awesome world design and great feeling to the world in general. The plot/characters just didnt do it for me personally. I might try it again soon(ish) though.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I love "Famous Last Words" from RPGs. Some of them also fit Baldur's Gate, such as "Quick! How do you UNSUMMON a Demon Lord?!"

http://karmakaze.org/flw/

And anyone playing the Ravenloft module will feel this one deeply... "I see HOW MANY wights?!" (from the crypts of Ravenloft)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.