Skip to content

Dungeons & Dragons (Film)

2»

Comments

• FoodgeekFoodgeek Member Posts: 12
    The first film was horrible. Someone just gave me a copy of it as a present, so I will probably revisit it. I never heard of the 2 sequels. I do own the complete ANIMATED DND series (it is cheap on amazon.com), which was bad animation and stry writing...WHEN it came out many many years ago, but is still good for a laugh. A party of first level characters vs Tiamat and Lolth (demigods)! A couple of the characters aren't even armed (as "weapons", one has a cloak and one a shield).
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I actually bought the first one on DVD (Admittedly I hadn't heard of it before I saw it in the store), and once I came to the conclusion that it was really only D&D in name only, I enjoyed it for it was; a generic comedy fantasy movie.
    But cheers for the thread; I had no idea there was a 3rd. ^^
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Lemernis said:

I'd love to see the Baldur's Gate saga told. But I'd love to see anything set in the FR.

As long as the protagonist isn't Abdel. And the story isn't anything like that god-awful piece of crap written by Philip Athans.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I downloaded The Book of Vile Darkness today.

And I have to say, it wasn't bad.:)
    A little silly in some places, and the characters could be pretty one-dimensional, but overall, I liked the effort put into it.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    I remember this being the very first movie I ever watched in a theater that I didn't like.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think the best thing about the movie was that it had Tom Baker in it for some reason. He was one of my favorite actors in a certain other role...

Would you like a jelly baby?
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I didn't had high expections of D&D so I enjoyed them. And I didn't know mutch of PnP at that time. The 2 sequels are on my waiting list