Skip to content

Mac FAQ

Comments

• DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Hmm..Ive been playing as my jester and noticed that their bard song (confusion) doesnt work at all against enemies. Is this a known bug?
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    The Jester's song comes with a hefty save bonus (so it's easy for enemies to resist) -- are you sure the bard song isn't working?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Option + Enter, it's in the FAQ.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    So far the only thing that has irritated me (the rest has been pure greatness) is that my way of selecting the party has disappeared. The plus key. +

I haven't tried the other ones but I'll go through them (as I remember them) on the offchance that anyone didn't used to do this..

1 through 6 selects individual party members.

7,8,9, select the three pairs (highly useful for selecting front two fighters)

maybe 0 and - selected halves of the party? I simply don't remember using them... anyhoo! has the button changed? or can I even re-assign + to be my select everyone key? Which is what I'd prefer.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @Moomintroll the '0' key selects the whole party now. '-' and '+' is now zoom out and in respectively
  • LegolpLegolp Member Posts: 14
    @Moomintroll you can customize the shortcuts in the Option tab ...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Thanks @Legolp !!!
  • ViccoVicco Member Posts: 12
    How do I delete characters I have created?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Go to Baldur's Gate folder in your documents. Any character you exported will be in the characters folder.
  • ViccoVicco Member Posts: 12
    Thanks, was able to delete!
  • massirmmassirm Member Posts: 2

@Arcater I take it you're referring to the CLUA (cheats) Console? From a Finder window, go into Documents>Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition>Baldur.ini>Open with textedit and add the line:

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'

at the bottom of the document. Then save it.
    Note that you'll need to restart the game afterwards.
    Hope that helps :)

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.5, but I can't find "Baldur.ini". I haven't folder "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" into Documents... May you help me?
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2013
    If you bought your BG:EE game in the app store the Baldur.ini file will be located elsewhere since it is sandboxed. IIRC it is somewhere under user/library/ but someone else surely knows. It is imbedded in an app folder.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    /Users/name/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

This will be the same for the MAS version, or the Beamdog version
  • massirmmassirm Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I found it!
    Cerevant said:

/Users/name/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

This will be the same for the MAS version, or the Beamdog version

• Arleon289Arleon289 Member Posts: 2
    Control-Space doesn't open any command line in my game (after having changend the .ini). Anyone encountering the same problem or who knows a solution?
    I had that problem, and quit-restart solved it
  • Arleon289Arleon289 Member Posts: 2
    @Cerevant thanks, i resolved the issue!
  • resin007resin007 Member Posts: 8
    If you're running 10.7 or 10.8, and you bought from the app store, keep in mind that your BG:EE material will be in the user Library folder as people detail above but that the folder is by default hidden from you! You can find it in a search, but if you try to find the Library folder yourself, it's not there. So unless you want to search every time, the workarounds are:
    1) open the user Library directly from the Finder "Go" Menu, holding down the option key as you select Library.
    2) turn off Library hiding permanently by opening the terminal and entering the command:
    chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Beamdog version is the same code as the MAS version, so the saves are buried in Library for that version too.
  • fdiamantfdiamant Member Posts: 2
    Cerevant said:

I had that problem, and quit-restart solved it

For me, it does't work. I have edited the balder.ini file. Control+Space just pauses/unpauses the game. It is as the Debug Console is not working.
  • fdiamantfdiamant Member Posts: 2
    Solved it. There was a "," missing.
  • JwolfenatorJwolfenator Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I update from 10.7.2 to the combo update for 10.7.5, my save files are in Documents but do not show up in the save game list when I start BG:ED.
    Also neither an of the exported characters are showing up in the import menu but are present in the Documents folder.
    I only had 3-4 hours into it but would still like to be able to load the save and import the characters.
    Any suggestions?
    Post edited by Jwolfenator on
    Create a new save game and check the library directory I describe above. It is possible that sanboxing the saves was included in that Mac OS update. If you find the new game there, you can copy your old save games into that folder and they will work.
  • JwolfenatorJwolfenator Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    So I figured it out. After all it is what I do as an Apple auth technician.
    All I had to do was copy the save/import files from ~Documents to the now "unhidden" ~Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    Had not played BG:ED since updating to Lion and it did not occur to me that the new Container links effect game saves.
    Now it does occur to me :)
  • PharrpPharrp Member Posts: 3
    Mavericks Seems To Be Different: no folders in Documents, no Containers in Library. In fact cannot find anything apart from SAVE games where they are expected to be. Otherwise, I can't find any of the resources and files I expect to find. ????? Searching reveals nothing. Puzzling. Where are all the files? Slightly dumb here - clues would be appreciated :)
  • PharrpPharrp Member Posts: 3
    Even after revealing hidden files I still cannot find dialog.tlk nor can search find it???? Puzzling but probably very obvious once pointed out :)
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    What is the current version for the standalone launcher? Mine is currently at v1.2.0 with no updates available. I thought the current version was higher than that?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    JaySee84 said:

What is the current version for the standalone launcher? Mine is currently at v1.2.0 with no updates available. I thought the current version was higher than that?

For BG1EE, that is the current patch level discounting betas.
    For BG2EE, the current version is 1.2.2030, which is currently unavailable in the app store due to unknown reasons.