Skip to content

Every NPC on a map gives the same dialog

IdabriusIdabrius Member Posts: 7
All NPCs on a given map seem to be calling the same dialog options; for example, every single commoner in Beregost has the long commoner speech about dungeons (the responses being something like "Dungeons...?" and "I don't care"). The same goes for all the miners in the mines, all the commoners at the friendly arm and the "My plow broke" speech, etc.

I haven't seen anyone else report this, so it's probably just me?

I'm playing the mac version. Preloaded as soon as preload was available, started playing yesterday. I have the PC version on my bootcamp partition (couldn't wait, har har) but it was NOT a problem there.

Comments

• IdabriusIdabrius Member Posts: 7
    Current behavior: All NPCs on a map share the same single (sometimes alternating two) lines of dialog.

Expected behavior: A variety of 3-6 various dialogs at least, as far as I remember.
  • BlackAnnisBlackAnnis Member Posts: 3
    It's not just you; I am having the same issue, as is my sister on her computer. Just installed BG:EE for Mac OS X yesterday and all commoners in each town give the same speech. Dungeons in Beregost, broken plows at the Friendly Arm Inn, etc.
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    The patch that came out concomitantly on Windows with the MacOS X version is not affected by that issue. Moreover after transferring the saved game I used to confirm that over to the Mac, I can reproduce the reported bug in Beregost: only one dialog is triggered for male commoners and only one, but a different one obviously, for female commoners.

The richness of those atmospheric dialogues is one of the beauty of Baldur's Gate. Please make it a top priority fix.
    Having installed the mac version on two machines now, I can confirm that it occurs on both of them.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    This bug is already in the tracker. Should be fixed soon.
    Thankee sir
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    Any news about a fix?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I have yet to see an update for the game since February. There's been no fix for this bug, or it would appear, any other. Am I having some kind of problem with the updater, or has there really been no patch since Feb 22nd?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited June 2013
    @Idabrius There really has been no patch in all that time. The next patch should be out soon though.