Skip to content

Best Female NPC from the BG Universe?

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Don't forget that canonically Neera's spellcasting has caused no serious harm to Charname or his/her companions. Those lethal mishaps are only game mechanics. :D
    Debaser
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    Rarr...still can't decide. Jaheria or Vicky...I like them both for basically the same reason (Strong willed and determined females who don't suffer fools) hrmn.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Stand back and watch this.
    atcDaveCalmar
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Female drow > all
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Viccy edges out Imoen for me.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,497
    edited March 2013
    ajwz said:

Female drow > all

I'm sure if Imoen's portrait had been styled after a (pretty) glamour model too, she'd at least have a running chance.
    tbone1
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited March 2013
    Debaser said:

Rarr...still can't decide. Jaheria or Vicky...I like them both for basically the same reason (Strong willed and determined females who don't suffer fools) hrmn.

With that stance, why no Shar-Teel love?

ajwz said:

Female drow > all

I'm sure if Imoen's portrait had been styled after a (pretty) glamour model too, she'd at least have a running chance.
    I am not sure I would say that. Imoen is a bit too 'Innocent' for my tastes. Vicki has an edge and a darkness that really does it for me.
    EudaemoniumMoomintroll
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Safana!! That hussie is gorgeous, sensual, out for herself...

And not very well written in BG2.......
    Fina92EudaemoniumSchneidend
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Xavioria said:

Safana!! That hussie is gorgeous, sensual, out for herself...

And not very well written in BG2.......

To be fair, none of the cameos in Bg2 are very well written.

KidCarnival[Deleted User]Wiggles
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited March 2013
    Gotta choose between Imoen and Aerie; when it comes to being best pals, their personalities mesh better than any other pair, so I usually take them together. But between them, I'd say Aerie is a far more complex character and undergoes a lot of growth throughout the games.
    atcDave
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Viconia of course. Who doesn' love her artful tongue.
    Schneidend
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    Shame the amazonian warrior real badass Shar-Teel didn't make it to BG2. She have an interesting story and her character needed more development.

1. Shar-Teel (Evil powerful 2H Swords wielder)
    2. Imoen (Hey it's her, Imoen)
    3. Jaheira (Beautiful and well developed NPC)
    4. Viconia (For kinky reasons)
    5. Aerie (Infinite spells, complex character)
    Schneidend
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Foggy said:

Shame the amazonian warrior real badass Shar-Teel didn't make it to BG2. She have an interesting story and her character needed more development.

I heard that shar teel was supposed to be Yaga-Shura's concubine at the fire mountains, but then they changed her name...
    lunar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    DJKajuru said:

Foggy said:

I heard that shar teel was supposed to be Yaga-Shura's concubine at the fire mountains, but then they changed her name...
    Ooh I would love to see that! Her anger would be a thing to behold... Umm..are human females suitable for, ahem, being a concubine to fire giants? I know orcs can, err, produce half orcs but a frickin fire giant is really stretching it...(sorry for the horrible pun!)

I love Jaheira most. Well I am always sucker for strong headed and willed women. Not like Sharteel, she is far too obnoxious. I believe Jaheira has a soft feminine and almost motherly side hidden well behind her scowling and serious facade. And her romance and character development in BG2 is very enjoyable to me no matter how many times I play (and I always take her with me, she is a very useful tank character)
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Have to give it to Viconia she always was a favorie of mine and her class/atttributes really shine (especially in 2)
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Nalia. :3
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Shar-Teel is pretty cool, especially with a portrait mod. ^^;
    KidCarnivalEudaemonium
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Shar-Teel is the coolest IMO, but Mazzy is the best in terms of quality IMO.
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    I can't decide (I'm a coward), but I am shocked to see that Imoen is doing so well, based on what people are posting anyway. I thought general consensus seemed to be that she was annoying brat who everyone tried to have killed off in terrible, terrible ways? Or maybe that's just BG I Imoen, and she's cool enough in SOA to make up for it?

Not my opinion, just saying what I've seen lots of other people say. Although I did ditch her Nashkel on this (my first) run through. I got tired of asking her who the hell 'Puff-guts' was.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I choose Imoen although it was this for me
    1. Imoen
    2. Vicky
    3. Aerie
    Although Viconia is a great character both personalty and build wise she just couldn't beat the old childhood friend Imoen. I mean Imoen is a really squishy character in the beginning of BG1, but I just could never find myself to abandon her. Although her lines are pretty funny. Also she was the only motivation I had for BG2. How dare you torture my Friend!
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    BG1 Viconia. Her BG2 iteration is cool, but a little less so. Her interactions with Kivan are particularly interesting. It goes something like this;
    Kivan: "If you don't die in battle someday, I'll kill you myself."
    Viconia: "I'd rather we be friends, but if you do try to kill me, I'll put you six feet under."
    Kivan: "Are you threatening me?"
    Viconia: "Well, you're threatening me."
    Kivan: "Die!"
    Viconia: "Bah! You first!"

Second is Imoen. Peppy lil sis who will stay by your side through thick and thin.

Third is Alora. Ever trying to make people happy. Her interactions with Edwin are awesome. Sad that there's no vanilla way to have her and Mazzy in the same party, I imagine they would be hilarious.
  • phoenixclphoenixcl Member Posts: 31
    I'd say it's a tossup between Viconia and Neera.

Viconia is incredibly useful and I'm usually a fan of villanous characters (and in Vic's case I can see why she's a villain). Neera is pretty cool although her grating voice takes getting used to. She is funny though.

I think I'm the only one who really doesn't like Imoen or Jaheira. Imoen just annoys me in BG1 (my evil characters often...leave her to tend to her duties in Candlekeep. No really the bratty thief lying on the ground was just some random pink haired...) and Jaheira was probably the origin of BioWare's broken bird tough chick trope. I just find the half elf rather bossy and annoying.
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    phoenixcl said:

I think I'm the only one who really doesn't like Imoen or Jaheira. Imoen just annoys me in BG1 (my evil characters often...leave her to tend to her duties in Candlekeep. No really the bratty thief lying on the ground was just some random pink haired...) and Jaheira was probably the origin of BioWare's broken bird tough chick trope. I just find the half elf rather bossy and annoying.

I'd agree with you (to an extent) as far as Imoen goes, but I love me some Jaheira! 'Bossy' is just part of her personality, and I didn't find her annoying in the slightest. Matter of taste though, I suppose.
    Debaser
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Viconia, I think, was key to formulating my current understanding of heroic evil characters. Of course, when I was 11 I hardly understood that Chaotic Good meant I should not repeatedly kill Firebead and loot the tutorial party...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,497
    phoenixcl said:

broken bird tough chick

Love it!
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    To be honest I can barely think of a 5-man party that Aerie can't fit into as a 6th. She's the character I take the most in BG2.

Also, I'm a sucker for the dual-spellcasting. =)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Aerie for i can still cast some spells until i get license, she is quite early in the game too.
    I don't really like Jaheira for RP reasons. Bossy, yet clings onto me after she lost Khalid. I always tell her to shut up.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    My Top 5
    1.Viconia ( for shar)
    2.Safana ( what might have been if she got a BG2 character development treatment )
    3.Jaheira ( just a mature interesting NPC )
    4.Nalia/Skie rich girls Nalias romance mod is the one to play
    5. Mazzy ( should have a romance mod for her)Mazzy was great
  • Sterling580Sterling580 Member Posts: 26
    Aerie followed closely by Imoen and Viconia. I also kinda like Neera but she needs a bit more development to judge.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Mathmick said:

To be honest I can barely think of a 5-man party that Aerie can't fit into as a 6th. She's the character I take the most in BG2.

Also, I'm a sucker for the dual-spellcasting. =)

Aerie taught me the joys of putting Clerical spells in my Sequencers and Contingencies.