Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Should Have a Bank!

Ok... I don't want BG to become like WoW or anything, but how about a bank? Baldur's Gate is a big enough city for one. Would certainly help with some things, especially since theres no other way to store money anywhere and things like Neera's wild magic can remove your gold. Just a thought.

Comments

• MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243

And they can add a stock exchange. With the WaterDeep Street Journal to help us.

Gold coin is being devalued! Safe investors should buy iron...

(totally being silly and sarcastic)

Waterdeep Street Journal... Ha, awesome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Like Earthbound.
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Bhaaldog said:

Not entirely sure what purpose this would serve?

Well if anything more storage and just a place for gold. Its probably pointless but I can see if there are more ways introduced to lose money (Wild Magic, Theft, Golddigger, etc) then it could become pertinent.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Bhaaldog said:

Not entirely sure what purpose this would serve?

I guess from a role playing perspective it would make sense to deposit your gold in a bank, as the idea of lugging around thousands (or even tens or hundreds of thousands) of gold coins every where you go is pretty ridiculous. The only practical benefit I can think of is protecting against the wild magic effect of losing half (or whatever amount) of your gold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Hang on. What's wrong with a barrel? If it's good enough for the citizens of Baldur's Gate to store gold in barrels in public places it's good enough for me...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You could always use the First Bank of Zhurlong: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13079/want-to-store-gold-try-the-first-bank-of-zhurlong

:P

Or start a collection of expensive magical items instead of selling them right away.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't think I'd like this. I can't even muster the effort to visit the top floor of D'arnise keep to collect 5000g when I go back there.
    Laziness > Immersion
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I wouldn't want it. I hoard enough as it is, plus we did get the gem bag, scroll case, and potion belt. No need for more imo.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Anduin said:

If we get a bank... I will want my thief to rob it...

Just being honest!

Definitely! The best reason I can see for a bank, is for an amazing thief quest :)
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Think logically about this... how would a bank even work in the game, given the mechanics in place for the world would make it a stupid and pointless idea?

Yes, I know, wild surges... but if you're dumb enough to take Neera with you and not save often, then you kind of deserve to lose your money.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

Yes, I know, wild surges... but if you're dumb enough to take Neera with you and not save often, then you kind of deserve to lose your money.

I absolutely agree with you.
    Neera is really useless NPC what make players want another useless things.