Skip to content

Curious about next patch?

I haven't seen much lately about future patches. Since it's been about a month since the last one, are any in the works? I look forward to the patches because they usually bring awesome goodies as well as big fixes (and more bugs).

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    My theory was that we would see the next patch coincide with the release of the Android version of the game.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I tried to cast clairvoyance to get this answer, but Boo tried to leap off of the shoulder of Minsc (flying miniature giant space hamsters?), causing him to react and bump me. Spell fizzled without, I might add, any wild mage nonsense.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    They will fix Firebeard Elvenhair's quest in candelkeep
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited March 2013
    Next pach could include Balduran's underpants.

It also could not.
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Tyranus said:

- Boo has been returned to his original size and will now be a recruitable NPC
    - Drizzt's pathfinding AI has been improved. He will now trip over small stones, stare aimlessly at clouds, and run in circles around the lake as would normally be expected of powerful foes in BG:EE
    - Noober will once again interact with PCs first. New, exciting, unskippable dialogue responses have been included!
    - The Ring of Wizardry has been rebalanced to only be usable by Bards
    - Achievements have been added to the game! Unlock all 15,680!
    - All NPCs now have an available romance questline

Also, in an unusual statement of protest against the U.S. DOMA, Beamdog has also included...
    - The cursed belt of Femininity/Masculinity will now properly allow PCs to begin relationship quests with same-sex NPCs
    - Garrick now has a homosexual-only relationship option
    - Branwen now has a lesbian-only relationship
    - Jaheria/Kahlid now have a bi-sexual, polygamous marriage. An appropriate achievement has been included for having a three-way

I always assumed Garricks boat floated that way. Lol
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    @Tyranus thanks for giving me a laugh as I've just got home from work at 3:30am
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Fixing Rasaad would be a nice addition. Give him his proper class and maybe an extra point in strength, dex or con (just one not all of them)

Maybe also unlock dual classing for paladins/monks so we can have ajantis as a bard and rasaad as a thief for my party of fallen faiths :) seriously though with rasaad 16 in st/dex if he could dual class would he need 1 point there and 1 point in wisdom? Would be cool to have a thief delivering stunning blows. Could even make it a plot driven dual class for bg2(neutral/evil characters can convince him to dual to thief or fighter and alignment changes, repercussions in future plot etc.)

Never understood why they couldn't dual class and I like having that variety of choice with the npcs.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Frosty said:

They will fix Firebeard Elvenhair's quest in candelkeep

They better!

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited March 2013
    Tyranus said:

- The cursed belt of Femininity/Masculinity will now properly allow PCs to begin relationship quests with same-sex NPCs

It already does.
    Post edited by Jalily on
    Jalily said:

It already does.
    @Jalily

Fix quote?
    Quote fixed.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited March 2013
    Tyranus said:

- Jaheria/Kahlid now have a bi-sexual, polygamous marriage.

Iirc, in the BG novel series, CHARNAME actually had an affair with Jaheira while Khalid was still alive (and married to her); I wonder if he knew... and participated...
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136

Tyranus said:

Iirc, in the BG novel series, CHARNAME actually had an affair with Jaheira while Khalid was still alive (and married to her); I wonder if he knew... and participated...
    Brings a whole new view on the old: "Calm yourself dear, we must proceed c-c-carefully!"

Tyranus said:

If I'm not mistaken, Khalid got around as well prior to meeting CHARNAME.
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    i know how it should be!

after countless requests from our playerbase:

-Neera can be romanced by females
    -Dorn can be romanced by males and gnomes
    -Rassad can be romanced by males and half-orcs
    - new dialogues have been added to ensure the original feeling of the above romances(such as 'by Ao this is painful')
    -all the items have been removed from Joia's inventory
    -lightning strike frequency has been reduced by approximately 10%
    -100gp have been added on Noober's inventory
    -reputation costs from temples decreased by 3%

enjoy!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Beetle said:

There were no BG novels. They are just a legend told to frighten children -like Rocky V and Song of the South.

For a second I thought you said "Books of the South" and was about to defend Glen Cook's Black Company series...

-Dorn can be romanced by males and gnomes

He already can be.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    A half-orc and a gnome? Puh-lease, that's just ridiculous (and probably a criminal offence in most jurisdictions).

I wish Overhaul would disallow such a ridiculous romance. By all means make a shorty NPC romance-able to satisfy player demand for romance options for shorty protagonists, but offering a half-orc as the universal solution for all romance-less protagonists is implausible (and makes Overhaul look cheap).

I do realise (and so does Charname, eventually) that Bhaal was ... umm, remarkably flexible in his dalliances. But that's different, he was a god and could do things which aren't feasible for mortals.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    "The heart wants what the heart wants" - Woody Allen
    Mordeus said:

"The heart wants what the heart wants" - Woody Allen

"... and we should've known better, dear heart, but that's why we're in jail!"

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Well, I am short, while my boyfriend is really tall. I can assure you that our relationship works fine nonetheless.
    Also, I would like to stress that even mortals may have different tastes. As we can love people of whatever ethnicity and color, so in the Forgotten Realms one person may have feelings for a guy of a different race.
    @Aedan: of course I'm happy for you that your relationship is fine, but obviously that's within one species.

(I wrote a longer response here, but I deleted it because I decided that it's a bad idea to get into a detailed discussion of these issues.)

Suffice it to say that, in spite of the game (rather unfortunately) using the term "races", the various citizens of Faerun are definitely separate species: the others are explicitly not human. The concept of "romance" between different species is a whole different ballgame from trivial ethnic (or other) distinctions within the same species. In general, I reckon it just wouldn't happen, and the more radically-different the species, the less credible it is that they could ever share a "romance".
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2013
    @Gallowglass
    While I think that the matter we are discussing is very interesting, I am afraid it is off topic (the thread is about the next patch). Also, I am not english native, so it would be difficult for me explaining my thoughts considering the complexity of the matter. Let us say we agree we disagree, shall we? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bhaaldog said:

spacejaws said:

Fixing Rasaad would be a nice addition. Give him his proper class and maybe an extra point in strength, dex or con (just one not all of them)

Maybe also unlock dual classing for paladins/monks so we can have ajantis as a bard and rasaad as a thief for my party of fallen faiths :) seriously though with rasaad 16 in st/dex if he could dual class would he need 1 point there and 1 point in wisdom? Would be cool to have a thief delivering stunning blows. Could even make it a plot driven dual class for bg2(neutral/evil characters can convince him to dual to thief or fighter and alignment changes, repercussions in future plot etc.)

Never understood why they couldn't dual class and I like having that variety of choice with the npcs.

*Speechless*
    *Barely manages to croak*
    Me too, @Bhaaldog!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited March 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.