Skip to content

Ajantis!

byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
I never played tutu but a friend told me that they made Ajantis proficent in two handed weapons??? Iam i the only person that thought that was odd considering that he used sword and shield in the original and does anyone know if they are going to do that in enhanced edition?

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I hope not, it would be quite strange.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I think he comes with 2-handed sword proficiency as a start in EasyTutu. Wasn't my cup of tea, especially when he was competing with Minsc for gear.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    My thoughts exactly.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    All this is about 4 dizzying years old in my brain now, but I distinctly recall there's a mod that allows you edit NPCs weapons profs. (Did the Shadowkeeper game editor also do this?)

Anyway, I also prefer to leave Ajantis as is, with Sword and Shield.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    Yeah shadow keeper pretty much let you change every detail regarding a character's abilities. This includes stats, spells, proficiencies, inventory etc...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited July 2012
    Lemernis said:

All this is about 4 dizzying years old in my brain now, but I distinctly recall there's a mod that allows you edit NPCs weapons profs. (Did the Shadowkeeper game editor also do this?)

There's more than one. At least 3 mods on Gibberlings3 that offer the option to tweak NPC skills:

easiest is the Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills component of Sword Coast Stratagems.

BG2 Tweaks (also works on Tutu) component TOB style NPC's makes you pick points from a certain starting level onwards (giving control not of their starting situation, but control of their progress beyond the first few levels) .

Most extensive, given even the option to change classes, is the Level 1 NPC's mod.

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Dual wielding seems kind of cheesy and overpowering for BG1
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    not necessarily... Swish.. swish.. swish..
    Wow when people start talking about mods iam well out of my depth lol
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Corvino : I guess it would make sense that a Ranger gets a point in Two Weapon style at level 4 and 8, for example. Starting up with 2 would be ridiculously overpowered.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @cheesebelly I guess this sort of thing was never considered back when BG2 was first made. Who would have thought that eventually BG1 would have to be rebalanced around a new engine 10 years ago?

Your post makes complete sense, but maybe they should start with 1 in DW style and gain a point at level 4. That way they'll start with some benefit, and get a good return for putting a further 1 point into DW style at character creation.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Cheesebelly

Rangers really don't have much going for them at low levels (not that they have much going for them at high levels).
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    The only thing rangers have going for them, is that if they dual or multiclass to a cleric, they get druid spells as well (ironskins) which makes them efficient tanks.

Of course, it's a bug, they should not get druid spells above 3rd level through the cleric class but whatever.
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    Actually Ajantis is in the area directly north of the friendly arm inn. If you had him join very early (say level 1 or level 2) then you had lots of opportunity to make him proficient with your weapons of choice.
    @beerflavour
    Yeah your right. you get him at level 2. but with the pretty low level cap in the game i think it would not be possible to go for the sword and shield weapons style to if they make him proficent in two handed weapon style. But they hav slightly increased the level cap in the game i think.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    @byrne20 do you happen to know what the new level cap is? Has it been posted anywhere yet?
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Tutu makes him proficient in 2H yes.
    @samiel to be honest iam not to sure. probably only a few levels higher
  • AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58
    Double wielding Paladin.... not cool... But double wielding should be in BGEE
  • Tom23Tom23 Member Posts: 6
    Keep ajantis as sword and shield makes a good bitch lol
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99

I hope he stays Sword and Shield. There's only room for one two hander Paladin in my party.

I never used Ajantis in BG due to the reason above - all of the two handed swords and staffs were mine!
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    Ajantis actually uses "Large swords" proficiency in BG1, which is both long swords and two handed weapons. And since his avatar portrait is holding a two handed sword, its really no wonder he uses two handed weapons in the remake. That Carsomyr paladin look and all. Although i always gave him hammers.
    I always saw him as more of a Bastard sword user. still a pretty big sword but that way he still had a shield :)
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Thats one of many things that has bothered me about Tutu. That and finding out that Kagain and Khalid BOTH had proficiency in dual wield. They both serve one purpose. Heavy armor and having their necks stuck out in front of everyone else. Especially my buddy Kagain.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    BG2tweaks can restore BG1 prof system for total conversions like BGTrilogy. I guess it will work for BGEE too.

in fact even it has an option to keep both original proficiencies AND keep weapon styles in. Which is pretty cool. So Ajantis can have "Large Swords" prof with "2h weapon style", or "shield&sword".
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Lol, I've never even tried TuTu. No point now, either, yay!

I agree that Ajantis should stay as a Sword and Shield guy. I think his Blunt Weapons proficiency is retarded though. Wouldn't mind that leaving.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

I hope he stays Sword and Shield. There's only room for one two hander Paladin in my party.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like to wield the same weapons as his party members. Even in Mass Effect, I always have Shepard use different guns.