Skip to content

Ajantis!

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Kilivitz said:

That's it. You guys finally convinced me to use Ajantis.

Give him the Gauntlets of Dexterity which would boost his physical stats up to 17 STR, 18 DEX, and 16 CON and he's pretty darned good. At the very least, he gets more HP than Minsc, and has access to Paladin spells, but wouldn't hit quite as hard.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2012
    I imagine that with the Gauntlets of Dexterity, a magic Large Shield and an exceptional armor (like the +3 shiny golden plate mail from Durlag's Tower) he'd be as good a frontliner as, say, Minsc.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Kilivitz said:

That's it. You guys finally convinced me to use Ajantis.

Helm Yeah!
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Kilivitz said:

I imagine that with the Gauntlets of Dexterity, a magic Large Shield and an exceptional armor (like the +3 shiny golden plate mail from Durlag's Tower) he'd be as good a frontliner as, say, Minsc.

It's close. Barring magical items, Minsc has a +1 thac0, +4 damage, and -1 AC advantage over Ajantis, which can be significant in BG1.

But Ajantis' ability to drop his AC by -2 at will and offheal with Lay on Hands is danged handy, though, especially since there aren't a lot of healing options in the vanilla game.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    Kilivitz said:

Better, I think. But that's me. He has insanely good AC at that point (especially spamming Protection from Evil, which he totally can), just saying.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Quartz said:

Kilivitz said:

Better, I think. But that's me. He has insanely good AC at that point (especially spamming Protection from Evil, which he totally can), just saying.
    It really comes down to HELM VERSUS BOO.

Who wins?
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Helm.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Brude said:

It really comes down to HELM VERSUS BOO.

Who wins?

Boo. Boo wins every time. Boo never loses to anything, it's one of the unwritten laws of the world.

• LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Nonsense. There can only be one boo.
    . -c .
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    I pick Ajantis over minsc every time!! HELM YEAH!!!
    edited November 2012
    Ajantis + Gauntlets of Dexterity + Full Plate Mail + Ring of Protection(+2) + Scimitar +5: Defender + Large Shield (+2) + Cloak of Balduran + Helm of Glory/Balduran + Protection from Evil ... AC -14 oops. And that's all totally do-able and legit, not like I started bringing out the Claw of Kazgaroth or some idiocy, as you would never use it on a guy who has 16 Con.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459

Boo. Boo wins every time. Boo never loses to anything, it's one of the unwritten laws of the world.

Who wins Boo vs. Batman, then?

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    That's a hard philosophical question...

I would say Boo for his cosmic space hamster powers know no limits...
    @Kilivitz
    Whilst boo and batman are fighting it out Ajantis would walk in and pumel them both to death with hes purple helm for good measure and then end it with a 'Helm give me strength'!!!
    Boo is in actuality, Robin. He just got caught in a temporal cross rip and is hanging out with Minsc til Batman sorts it all out.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    I'm a bit ambivalent about Ajantis. On the one hand, I do like Paladins, so I like him. But on the other hand he is the typical satire of Paladins, being slightly stupid, and completely without adaptability or depth. I prefer Paladins taken seriously. It is actually possible to be LG and be sensible, flexible and intelligent even though stereotypes such as Ajantis reinforce the prejudice against Paladins.

While in the Cloakwood: "This forest has a sense of evil about it."
    While in dungeons: "This dungeon has a sense of evil about it."
    While in Baldur's Gate and perhaps other towns: "This city has a sense of evil about it."

*Sigh*
    Forse said:

I'm a bit ambivalent about Ajantis. On the one hand, I do like Paladins, so I like him. But on the other hand he is the typical satire of Paladins, being slightly stupid, and completely without adaptability or depth. I prefer Paladins taken seriously. It is actually possible to be LG and be sensible, flexible and intelligent even though stereotypes such as Ajantis reinforce the prejudice against Paladins.

While in the Cloakwood: "This forest has a sense of evil about it."
    While in dungeons: "This dungeon has a sense of evil about it."
    While in Baldur's Gate and perhaps other towns: "This city has a sense of evil about it."

*Sigh*

Due to the nature of life, everything has some evil about it. There are monsters or evil people everywhere.

He's using his Detect Evil and picking up on all that! XD
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I d rather use gauntlets of dexterity on Jaheira.
    I d rather use gauntlets of dexterity on Kagain.

SO THERE!!
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    No but the purple helmet is pretty rad, I agree.
  • IsairIsair Member Posts: 217
    The purple helmet is a fantastic trophy, I enjoy claiming it.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Ajantis' purple helm has a sense of evil about it.

It's confiscated for further inspection.
    Mornmagor said:

Ajantis' purple helm has a sense of evil about it.

It's confiscated for further inspection.

Ajantis' purple helm has a sense of ... sex-appeal about it.
    I wonder why they even gave him a purple helm in the first place lol
    Mornmagor said:

You grab him by the helm and shout HELM YEAH! in the night?

Do you not?