Skip to content

Sarevok, i choose you! (SPOILER!)

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
"Well there he stands, tall and intimidating. You scratch the back of your head, and wonder what you're going to do with him. He is evil and a former son of the god of murder, and you should get rid of him and his evil presence! But he did just chunk Draconis in one hit after half of your team was dead... Well we could always get rid of him AFTER we killed Abazigal... Or Melissan"

So, what do you do with our dear brother?

Do you keep him because he is an amazing NPC gamewise with his godlike stats and his chunking of people with deathbringer assault. Or do you feel that you have to keep him in your group RP wise becaue he's your brother. Do you ditch him as soon as you can, or do you even kill him to take revenge for Gorian?

What do you do once you get to ToB and he's standing there smiling while talking in his very manly and romantic voice ;).

"I live! Flesh and blood and bone! I AM ALIVE! HAHAHAHAHA! I swore I would scratch and crawl my way back into the world of the living, and I have DONE IT!"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EudaemoniumCalmarSCARY_WIZARDSophia
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Once I took him into the party and it was an entertaining experience: he's so unbelievable powerful with Ravager and Deathbringer assault.

But usually, while adventuring in BG2 I'm getting used to my party so much (I've experienced a lot with them) that when I have a chance to include Sarevok into my party I leave him in the Pocket Plane. I don't kill him, though, because I've already done that. *What Is Dead May Never Die*.

And I imagine when I come back to the Pocket Plane from time to time we can have a good talk with a mug of of strong ale.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    I make him become Chaotic Good, then I have no reason to ditch him from my party ;-)

Always kick Minsc out of my party as soon as I get him.

SCARY_WIZARD
    EudaemoniumSCARY_WIZARDtoanwrath
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited March 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

RP reasons mainly. One of my characters keeps him about because she promised Tamoko in BG1 that she would try to spare his life, but was unable to, so she saw the opportunity as a way to fulfil her promise. Others do it to try and redeem him. Some make him swear the geas. It varies.

That is a good link you made with Tamoko!
    Thank you. :)

I came up with it while trying to figure out a basic character arc for my LE F/T. One of her hallmarks is that she always keeps her word (but will, y'know, stab you in the back horribly if you lie to her or screw her in any way, even if you had a very good reason to). Her promise to Tamoko is one of the major times she hasn't been able to keep it, so it haunts her: undermines her personal code of honour, etc.
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
    [Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARD
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87

I make him become Chaotic Good, then I have no reason to ditch him from my party ;-)

I'm going to be completing ToB for the very first time soon and this is a decision I'm pretty torn about. I know Sarevok is better than Minsc in every way from a min/maxing perspective, but from an RP point of view my character (a LG Dwarven Fighter/Cleric of Clangeddin) would be hard pressed to abandon Minsc since they've been buds ever since Nashkel. And I've heard that Minsc's epilogue is a real tear-jerker.

It's especially disconcerting since I'm playing with SCS II and Ascension installed and I really need to squeeze every bit of efficiency out of my party.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Sarevok rocks! I once even played most of BG 2 with 4 chars, only to pick up Imoen at the asylum (5) and then finally took Sarevok at start of TOB.
    Family gotta stick together... :-D
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Keep Sarevok. I always kept him for RP reasons and his voice. Screw elf eyes and infravision, I want his vocal chords.
    lolien
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    My character just reckons that he absolved himself for all his crimes by spending a while in hell being tormented for it. Might as well give him the benefit of doubt at least: hey, better keep him with us and possibly do something good with him, than allow him to wander off and be much more likely to go murderin' again.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I usually keep him around if Imoen's in my party for some Bhaalspawn Family Action, and in my next run (NE Sorcerer) I'm going to need another Fighter after sacrificing Korgan in Hell...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Southpaw said:

Sarevok rocks! I once even played most of BG 2 with 4 chars, only to pick up Imoen at the asylum (5) and then finally took Sarevok at start of TOB.
    Family gotta stick together... :-D

All of a sudden, I'm hearing the theme song to The Golden Girls, with Kevin Michael Richardson providing back-up vocals.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Aaand now I have a mental image of someone throwing a POGEYBALL at Sarevok.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Always bet on Sarevok.
    SpaceInvader
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

As a reference to "I choose you!" I only want to say that you could charm/dominate him in original BG final fight(not sure about BG:EE, since I haven't tried it yet) so I was using him as my personal steel-type pokemon and ordered him massacre his own team.

Good times.

That is great. I just tested it and successfully dire charmed him so that should still work. He definitely doesn't fail his saving throw very often, though.
    Darrylson said:

I'm going to be completing ToB for the very first time soon and this is a decision I'm pretty torn about. I know Sarevok is better than Minsc in every way from a min/maxing perspective, but from an RP point of view my character (a LG Dwarven Fighter/Cleric of Clangeddin) would be hard pressed to abandon Minsc since they've been buds ever since Nashkel. And I've heard that Minsc's epilogue is a real tear-jerker.

It's especially disconcerting since I'm playing with SCS II and Ascension installed and I really need to squeeze every bit of efficiency out of my party.
    I'd look for someone else to drop if you really want Minsc. You can even dual Sarevok to thief if you want him, Minsc and 3 casters.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    AHF said:

That is great. I just tested it and successfully dire charmed him so that should still work. He definitely doesn't fail his saving throw very often, though.

He has natural saves of 1, so he fails only on natural 1. Spells such as Doom and Greater Malice* should help with charming him. It is good to know that it still works in BG:EE.

*Sorry, spell naming right here might be wrong.

AHF said:

He has natural saves of 1, so he fails only on natural 1. Spells such as Doom and Greater Malice* should help with charming him. It is good to know that it still works in BG:EE.

*Sorry, spell naming right here might be wrong.
    I used Greater Malison to increase the odds but he save during those rounds and failed the save outside of its effective period. Just a matter of luck.
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    I use him in my part cos he's frigging awesome.
    Kilivitz
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2013
    What's not to like about Sarevok? He's an awesome warrior with nice dialogue and an interesting storyline. Even his soundset is great. Also, I'm a sucker for stories where the BBG changes sides.

I've never played ToB without him in my party. And I don't ditch Minsc for him. By that point, I have him dual-wielding long and bastard swords with the Cloak of Montolio (is that how it's called?) so Sarevok has all the nice, overpowered two-handed swords for himself.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    I rarely take Sarevok with me. He's awesome, but I hate having my ex-party member standing around the pocket plane waiting for it to be destroyed. I have to start planning ahead and use the Homeward Bound mod to send the extra person home instead.