Skip to content

Stinky bug?

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
edited July 2013 in Not An Issue
Expected behavior: Since Stinking Cloud uses a sleep effect elves should be 90% immune to it right?
Current behavior: Elves are affected by Stinking Cloud like everyone else.

I'm not sure this is intended or not. I know it used to be blocked by elf immunity but that changed. Since this is one of the very few sleep effects in the game it would be nice for my elven mage to cast it and run around stabbing people with the dagger of venom or some such.

Also there is Emotion. That uses a sleep effect too. Are elves supposed to be immune to that? I am mainly looking for clarification here and I am not sure this is a bug.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    This report is not in the tracker. Can you redmine it and see what the devs say about it?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It is not supposed to be s sleep effect. In the game terms they look and act like sleep, but in the stinking cloud's case, the victim keels over and is vomiting horribly, or is just fainted thanks to horrible smell, thus completely unable to do anything to defend himself. In the emotion, the victims are laying down, crying and just giving up:again they are sitting, defenseless ducks.

So I don't think elves are supposed to be immune to those effects:if anything Xan should be more suspectible to Emotion spell, but I guess being an enchanter himself negates that :-D
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @lunar I kind of figured as much. I was just wondering since I noticed that my elven wild mage seemed partially immune to the stinking cloud wild surge.