Skip to content

Durlag's Tower - Knock spell works where it shouldn't

The drawer here normally requires a key but it was unlocked easily with the spell "Knock".

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Did the spell actually unlock the drawer? The key to the drawer is called "odd looking key" and if anyone had that in their inventory the drawer will open. Did you have that key? From the looks of it, knock gave you a message that it didn't work. If it actually did work and you did not have the key then this is a bug.
  • ParaspriteParasprite Member Posts: 22
    No, nobody had the key. In fact, I had not yet even been inside the room where you get the key.

Possibly related: I have had multiple instances of traps getting disarmed with the game telling me they were not disarmed, but this is the first time it has worked for an (albeit magically) locked container.
    I'm in that place in D's tower right now with my wild mage. I will see if it happens to me.
    edited April 2013
    Yup. Knock will crack it open despite the message it gives saying that it can't. Good find.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    This is the default behavior of Knock from default BG2--you can open Mae'Var's safe without Edwin's key, for example.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @CamDawg
    Then I take it as intended? Not An Issue?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Well, it really shouldn't, TBH, but I want to think through and make sure it's not going to have unintended consequences before I log it.