Skip to content

Reputation lock

Just have this simple request to be evaluated by the staff:

Atm, 3 characters give the party a reputation loss (2 points each) by entering the party

Dorn (for being a blackguard), Viconia (by being an Drow) and Baleoth (by being an Drow)

My issue is, instead of only take 2 points of reputation by entering the party, they should lock the party maximum points reputation. So, for example, a party with all the 3 spoken characters could have a max reputation of 14 only.

Maybe people disagree with me (what i'm saying... ppl always disagree with anyone here... :)) but i find hard to believe in people giving praises (rep 18) when a party with those 3 persons walk around.

Besides, having at least one of them in a evil party could serve to control the reputation limit that make evil doers leave the party.

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Thx for the backup @TJ_Hooker .

Some staff close and file this thread plz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Bhaaldog said:

This is an excellent idea @kamuizin

Haha, that comment had nothing to do with the fact you had the same idea... ;)
    edited April 2013
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I actually commented on a just passing by on the poll.

But this is needed.

I will explain.

Viconia has become the most important member of my party.

Is it because she is an awesome cleric? No.

Is it because of her awesome dexterity? No.

Is it because of her sexy deriair? No.

Is it because she reminds you of @Bhaaldog? Errrm... yes. I mean no...

Is it because if she leaves, Dorn, Kagain, Shar-Teel and Montaron will also leave? YES!

How can one character have such power and influence over the others? Are they staying because she is?
    How can her leaving the group really boost your reputation by 2?

Please change it.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Anduin said:

I actually commented on a just passing by on the poll.

But this is needed.
    I will explain.
    Viconia has become the most important member of my party.

Is it because if she leaves, Dorn, Kagain, Shar-Teel and Montaron will also leave? YES!

How can one character have such power and influence over the others? Are they staying because she is?
    How can her leaving the group really boost your reputation by 2?

Please change it.

Viconia has a 25 in Charisma apparently. When she leaves, they all leave. Like a boss.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I think I am more in favour of just not getting a rep boost for a character leaving.

A middle ground?

Drizzt is a Drow with higher rep than 20?

I think Drizzt would be pretty peeved if you locked his rep at 18...
    Anduin said:

I think I am more in favour of just not getting a rep boost for a character leaving.

A middle ground?

Drizzt is a Drow with higher rep than 20?

I think Drizzt would be pretty peeved if you locked his rep at 18...

Drizzt is an exception, one of the few alive in the D&D age that Baldu'rs Gate take place, if you use an exception to formulate a rule for the drow race, undoubtedly you're going to fall on a fallacy argument.

Viconia and Baeloth doesn't even try to play good or neutral, they're evil and want to continue evil (exception for Viconia in ToB, but that will happen only very later on the game).

Dorn is a Blackguard, he not only doesn't want to play good as well he can't even try, he would lose his blackguard status if that's done.

So, 3 persons of common aknowledge evil nature walking around, well a reputation lock doesn't seem unreasonable for me.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2013
    Uhhhhh, isn't this already implemented in regards to Baeloth? I just decided to try using him in a playthrough and my 20 rep dropped to 18 when I picked him up. Then I got a reputation point that raised my rep to 19. Baeloth immediately left the party and begged me not to kick him out and let him stay with the party (even though he kicked himself out). When I let him rejoin he lowered my rep back to 18 again. So I guess you already had what you wanted...?

Did I misunderstand the request?
    Yes, i want a fix, 2 bugs doesn't make a fix.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2013
    So the thing with Baeloth is a bug then?

Edit: Yeah it looks like it is a bug. Here I was thinking it was intentional.