Skip to content

Getting Bluescreen on startup. Please help.

JoshPJoshP Member Posts: 3
OK. I have to admit that I am a bit #&$$@! off right now. Bought this game 3 days ago, and no matter where I go or who I ask NOBODY has an answer. This game is 4 months old now. Every time I try to run BGEE I get a white square with black borders, followed by a crash, and bluescreen. Ive tried the only solutions people seem to know of and none of them have worked. I have tried compatability, admin rights, cleaning drivers, downloading AOlist. Nothing works. But for the hell of it, while in safe mode, before running my driver sweeper, I tried to start it up and it worked. Unfortunetly there is no sound and looks like crap due to it being safe mode. PLEASE HELP ME. Someone. I still have yet to see Dev remarks on posts like this. Video Card is Radeon 6970 HD.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Did you try repairing the install? That sometimes works...

The devs are usually pretty busy and do not often come on the forums. They hire beta testers to help people in their place and these beta testers usually do a pretty good job.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Metalloman, can you try to help JoshP with this issue, please?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @JoshP: Hi, JoshP, let's try to understand the problem: can you please tell me your pc specs? :)
  • JoshPJoshP Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Ive tried reinstalling it 4 times. Nothing. Found that it works in safemode, but crashes as soon as the Intro Movie.

Phenom II x6 1100T CPU
    AMD Radeon HD 6970 - 2GB
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 -- AMD 870 w/ 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium-64 BIt
    Memory 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600

Also tried cleaning Video Card Drivers and reinstalling. Nothing.
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited April 2013
    Ok, I need a screen of that BSoD.

As one gets the Blue Screen of Death, the PC automatically restarts so, to prevent this, one has to go in Control Panel\System\Advanced System Settings, selects the "Advanced" tab\Startup and Recovery\Settings, under "System Failure" uncheck the box "Automatically restart". Check "OK".

Let the BSod happens again then take a picture with a good digital camera or your phone but DO NOT USE THE FLASH if you have a flat monitor to prevent damage so get assured that the room is well lighted, take a pic of the BSoD (a readable pic) so I can see the error code.
    Then we'll see what to do.

EDIT: btw, if you need to add something you want to say, do not just post again, use the "edit" icon on the top right corner of your last post and select "edit", add your new comments and save. :)