Skip to content

To end... Like THIS?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    Personally, I think that the ending movie of BG1 was much better than that of the second part. Irenicus being killed by kobolds? Low graphic quality monks representing Yaga shura and the other four Bhaalspawn? Anyway, it's good to know that cinematics will remain unchanged and the team will focus on new content
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Many typos there Trent. Must have been busy that day...
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    srvk said:

Low graphic quality monks representing Yaga shura and the other four Bhaalspawn?

Who said that the monks represent the actual Bhaalspawn? Maybe it was just their 'messengers' sitting around the table consorting with eachother about their masters will.

Sorry offtopic! But really ^^
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    i liked the new cinematics too although i dislike that beregost has no cinematic now
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Kouga said:

srvk said:

Low graphic quality monks representing Yaga shura and the other four Bhaalspawn?

Who said that the monks represent the actual Bhaalspawn? Maybe it was just their 'messengers' sitting around the table consorting with eachother about their masters will.

Sorry offtopic! But really ^^
    Phil mentioned in another thread a while back that the robed figures were meant to be the initial representations of the 5 before ToB had been completely written.
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    Actually, I enjoy seeing new art representations of the story or places. And the graphics they have available today would make the cinematic parts fresh even if it lacks motion. Detail in illustration can be a great thing. But this also has a time issue attached to it. Personally, for those that play BG1EE, there's already an expectation to see a new and fresh look to BG2EE to it's original.
  • AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
    yes but it comes at the cost of hamstringing David Warner's performance, a mostly stoic if exasperated role ending in rage and pain, the shown emotion being cut would be a true loss.
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    If we change nothing, then the 'enhance' edition is pointless. They already altered all the cut-scenes to BG1. If they're professional, they should continue to follow up on those changes. Some people will like them, some people won't. And that's how it's going to be with everything in life. Plus, you insist that these emotions would be loss because they are in motionless pictures. Don't be so one-dimensional. Comic illustrations have successfully express these things before and with a skilled hand, it can be done here as well.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i thought those monk guys were coweled wizards, trip sticks for sure
  • CzarnyCzarny Member Posts: 42
    @sarevok57 I too was wondering about that years ago, but the fact that Cowled Wizards would be unlikely to hold council at an unholy symbol of Bhaal-shaped table quickly dawned on me ;) Unless one would take it as some sort of masterful exposition that meant to showcase the true allegiance of the infamous Athkatlan cabal ;p
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I like the new cutscenes, and I'm sure Overhall could do a great job with that final BG2 cutscene. That said, resources are limited, and if they think their time and money are better spent elsewhere, I trust their judgment. I'm certainly not gonna complain about gameplay polish.